Gog and Magog: Destiny/Doomsday

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Bible states that at the end of days, two kingdoms, Gog and Magog, will butt heads.

This symbolic engagement will be part of a larger framework of apocalyptic tribulations involving painful and/or awakening catharsis.

Human beings are fascinated by war and competition, so perhaps Gog and Magog represent power controversy and also imagination temptations.

If we read the Gog-Magog bonfire right in regards to the Christian 'end of days,' perhaps we can come to some kind of satisfying resolution about 'pedestrian pestilence.'

Gog and Magog

century.jpg

Gog v Magog: Knight-Theater Diary

I wanted to create a fictional approach to the Gog-Magog intrigue, so as to offer a pedestrian perspective on otherwise rather heavy apocalypto themes, to argue that perhaps the Bible wants us to think of Gog-Magog tribulations in terms of 'folk-hysteria patience.'

====

Alastair was a perfect knight. He wielded a double-pronged lance, and no one could rival his acrobatic skills on the battlefield. Alastair was also a deep thinker and a great advocate of teamwork and fair swordsmanship (and a sharp tactician). When Alastair's Swedish kingdom of Gog was dismantled and destroyed by the rival forces of Magog, Alastair became a freelance mercenary, lending his fighting skills to anyone who could afford his fee. Those who hired him were impressed by how effective and efficient he was in dealing with his adversaries, and over the course of three years, he had already helped the Prince of Wales and the Duke of New York quell terrible and violent mob rebellions. Many were calling Alastair the 'cup-holder of Gog.'

There was one warlock-knight who was very jealous of Alastair of Gog. This knight's name was Mordred, and he was the second son of the king of Magog. Mordred was the very opposite of Alastair --- ruthless, cunning, brutish, cruel, and heavy-handed. Mordred urged his father (King Ralph) to rally forces to kill Alastair, since he was the last vestige of the kingdom of Gog and was becoming something of a 'folk legend.' However, Mordred's father simply told his son, who was not the heir to the throne of Magog, that if he wanted to go hunt for Alastair, he was free to do so on his own but would do so without his father's endorsement or resources.

Alastair had taken up a new mission to help the Danish police manage a new mysterious crime-lord who went by the name 'The Tooth-Fairy.' The king of Denmark secretly recruited Alastair and introduced him to the police authorities and convinced them to deputize Alastair as an 'undercover officer.' Alastair went to work, trying to infiltrate and break apart the dominion of The Tooth-Fairy. Alastair knew the Tooth-Fairy's gang were dispersed among the pedestrian rabble in Denmark and would make merry on Saturday nights in a 'youth-pit' in one of the main cities of Denmark. Alastair befriended several young men, some who were indeed members of Tooth-Fairy's criminal gang. He also met a beautiful young woman named Akashi who kept suggesting to Alastair that they run away and get married.

Two years later, Alastair was a key 'runner' for the Tooth-Fairy's gang, though he had not yet met the leader. Alastair was also now married to Akashi, but they kept their love a secret, and he kept his mercenary mission a secret from her. Alastair had helped the Danish police arrest two key members of the Tooth-Fairy's gang --- Milton (a narcotics-smuggler extraordinaire) and Keith (a trusted hitman). Alastair now planned to work with one of Tooth-Fairy's most respected advisors, Arthur (the Tooth-Fairy's primary vizier). Having befriended Arthur, Alastair arranged a secret meeting with the Tooth-Fairy; he intended to assassinate the Tooth-Fairy at this meeting with his pen which was fitted with a poison-tip pinhead.

When Alastair walked into the chambers of the Tooth-Fairy, he noticed the ominous crimelord wore a blue silk mask and carried a dagger attached to his belt. Alastair walked up to the Tooth-Fairy and thanked him for the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the activities of his gang. As Alastair went to shake the Tooth-Fairy's hand, he smoothly reached for his poison-pen, when suddenly the Tooth-Fairy took off his mask and revealed himself to be Mordred, son of the king of Magog. Mordred told Alastair that he had obsessively been pursuing him for the last four years and had discovered his secret relationship to the beautiful Akashi. Mordred advised Alastair to disappear in peace with Akashi so that no remnant of Gog would remain in folk gossip.

Three more years went by, and Alastair was now living happily married to Akashi in the highlands of Scotland. He had two wonderful children with his wife and was content he had done the right thing in taking Mordred's deal and disappearing with Akashi. Alastair had to explain to the Danish king the reasons for his failure to destroy the Tooth-Fairy, but he assured the monarch (with an insurance claim from Mordred) that the Tooth-Fairy was disappointed at how Alastair infiltrated his criminal underworld and decided to retire in peace. Alastair was reading the Bible every Sunday and contemplating how Christian rhetoric taught that at the End of Days, a terrible climactic contest between two kingdoms would illuminate a human yearning for a vainglorious 'fragile peace.'

====

knightQ.jpg

The Dark Crystal

=====

Alastair was a mediocre dressed-up American teenage suburban vigilante who went by the name of Centurion, and he realized that he was spiritually contending with a new menace in his Texas neighbourhood who went by the name of Titana, a real 'empress of evil.' Titana was an airline stewardess who established an underground narcotics-smuggling ring that stretched from New Zealand to British Columbia. Alastair had heard about her by word-of-mouth, and now Titana was visiting Texas University as a crew-member of KLM (Dutch Airlines) and giving talks about airline security after 9/11.

Alastair knew that Titana would be up to no good after she delivered her address to the students of Texas University with her co-stewardesses and flight attendants and pilots. Alastair was right! Titana snuck out of her hotel room on the evening after her speech and re-established connections and forged new allegiances with the narcotics underworld in Dallas. Titana was a champion of the circus that night, and Americans who knew about the 'safe side of crime' came to respect her as a 'diplomat of the kingdoms of men.' Alastair was the only soul who stood in her way.

Alastair staked out her hotel room near the campus of Texas University and waited until Titana returned to her room, which she did two days later at approximately 2 p.m. on what was a hot and sultry summer day. Titana had a ton of make-up on and looked like she was partying, and when she walked into her hotel room, Alastair was standing beside the door and knocked her over the head with her kid's baseball trophy, knocking her unconscious. When Titana awoke, she found she was tied up by Alastair and sitting on a chair in her backyard in front of a plugged-in television and VCR set which was playing a video of the Holocaust.

ALASTAIR: Behold the images of human folly, Titana!
TITANA: Are you some kind of nutty crusader?
ALASTAIR: I'm the Centurion, and I defend the 'great republic.'
TITANA: There is no republic, only states of agency.
ALASTAIR: We each find a path to satisfaction, and sometimes the vigilante reigns.
TITANA: I'd rather be queen of hell than maidservant of IKEA.
ALASTAIR: Don't underestimate the pure safety of furniture.
TITANA: Modesty is not Christian.
ALASTAIR: If I am Gog, then you are Magog.
TITANA: Stop staring at me.
ALASTAIR: May we be lovers in a different vector of God!!!

=====

century.jpg

apocalypseD.jpg

OP wrote: The Bible states that at the end of days, two kingdoms, Gog and Magog, will butt heads.

Gog & Magog don't 'butt heads'...

... Gog is the prince of Meshech & Tubal...

... of the land of Magog...

... who comes against Israel...

...in the latter days.

Ezk.38.1-6

Dinosaurs

Yes, but we can certainly interpret their dominions as representative of a Christian focus on competitive instincts. Do they symbolize a general Christian fascination with duality we see everywhere in the improvisational arts of the modern age?

AEON: I move when I must.
LINK: Lethargy kills all warriors.
AEON: My world is dystopian.
LINK: My world is a daydream.
AEON: Why don't you like guns?
LINK: Sword/shield, bow/arrow are fair.
AEON: Not to the innocent fool wielding them.
LINK: If I am Gog, then you are Magog!

Forum List

Back