God's IQ: Dressage?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
When Russian chess-master Garry Kasparov played the super-chess computer program named Deep Blue, the world watched in amazement as an iconic human mind (a chess genius) challenged the algorithmic efficiency of a very well-programmed 'artificial mind' (a computer).

When human beings fantasize about strange achievements, gadgets, wonders, weapons, toys (etc.), they're really making social statements about the 'marketability' of human intelligence itself.

When Christians defer to their Creator God, the One who bestows the world the redeeming Son of Man (Jesus Christ) to redeem man from the temptations of avarice, they implicitly praise a theoretical super-mind that is in some way seeking to impart his intelligence/wisdom on his creation.

Unlike the fictional mad scientist Dr. Victor Frankenstein (from the famous Mary Shelley novel) who creates an unnatural abomination from a corpse for personal glory and then regrets its monstrosity, the Christian God is in admiration of what was created (Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden) and only regrets its vulnerabilities.

When I walk into a doctor's office and notice there's multiple people in the waiting room, I feel impatient waiting to be seen by the practitioner, and I start to consider the real labor of patience (in general). There is something inherently miraculous in the splendid geometric intricacy of the design of the universe (e.g., spiral galaxies, DNA, Artificial Intelligence fantasies, etc.) that makes us 'tolerate' the moral burden of difficult virtues such as patience.

Is God therefore intellectually arrogant about the complexity of Creation? Such a question would seem to illuminate something sensitive about God's IQ.

It seems that much of atheist critique of major religions focusing on a Creator God (or all-knowing super-mind) involve a condemnation of a hypothetically hasty, vainglorious, or obsessively scientific God.

Kasparov/Blue (Wikipedia)

geometer.jpg

Forum List

Back