god's influence on america going to war

M

megsand247

In my religion and politics class last week, my professor discussed an article regarding one of the president's justifications for America going to war with Iraq. God had told him that it was the right thing to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the radical islamic fundamentalists commit the September 11th attacks for that very same reason? Weren't they doing it for Allah?

Looks like Bush is in good company! Mr. Bush could be considered to be in the same category as Mr. bin Laden. God telling Bush to go to war also seems like it would violate the separation between church and state. Obviously these are big statements. But they're regarding extremely big actions and consequences.

Just a thought.

Could you please provide a link to this article? As far as I know and have seen and heard Bush or anybody close to him have never said that he said that god tod him it was the right thing to do. Because it comes from one of "today's" college professors I am highly skeptical and suspicious of this claim.

Originally posted by OCA
Could you please provide a link to this article? As far as I know and have seen and heard Bush or anybody close to him have never said that he said that god tod him it was the right thing to do. Because it comes from one of "today's" college professors I am highly skeptical and suspicious of this claim.

C'mon OCA, there's no link. :D
This argument has been refuted here already. The professor has his facts mixed up......

It sickens me to think that these retarded professors are shoveling this shit to students. The least they can do is get their facts straight if they are going to be spouting their political views upon students. This retard wouldn't refer to himself as Bullypulpit or Psychoblues, would he?

Your professor has it completely wrong. According to the Bob Woodward book, the President prayed but did not cite God as the justification for the war.

Originally posted by 4USA
Your professor has it completely wrong. According to the Bob Woodward book, the President prayed but did not cite God as the justification for the war.

How much you wanna bet many liberals will discard those words by Woodward, and at the same time they will cite anything negative from his book about Bush as Gospel!

Originally posted by jimnyc
How much you wanna bet many liberals will discard those words by Woodward, and at the same time they will cite anything negative from his book about Bush as Gospel!

Lets see. I got about $500 cash right now, so can i bet that at 10 to 1 odds? Hell ill take 2 to 1 odds right now, lol.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Ummm, nothing personal but that was A DUMB FUCKIN' POST!

Anything thats starts with "In my religion and politics class last week..." I immediately tune out the rest and assume its just LEft wing propaganda. 99% of the time ive been right.

Ok lets say God does support the War in Iraq. In what way is that anything like muslim extremists?

How does Al Quedas claim of divine inspiration and approval for an unholy war against freedon compare to God upholding the liberty and supporting the freedom of a nation oppressed in tyranny for the last 30 years? Does anyone really have to ask which of the two groups God is more likely to support?

See who can guess which president said:

"We turst, Sir, that God is on our side. It is more important to know that we are on God's side."

I was just talking tonight to a friend about war. He started spouting off liberal bullcrap about how the Iraqi people are all against us and want us out of their country. I told him it was total bullcrap, and that most of the Iraqis wanted us there. He told me that was "Horsesh*t," asking, "Do you know how many uprisings are there." I told him that about 95% of Iraqis liked us being there, but that 5% of a country is still a lot of people. He once again called it "horsesh*t" and told me that most of the people there were willing to blow themselves up to take out one of our tanks. When I asked him for his sources, he told me it was his professors who studied this stuff all day long. I told him that my source was people who had actually been there. It quickly became clear that even if I had people show up with irrefutable proof that they had recently been to Iraq and told him that 95% of the people there liked us and showed him pictures to back up his claim and even brought in Iraqis to show him the same thing, he would still believe his professors were right.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Meg, also see this thread where we discussed this article already.

Also...There is <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5550&highlight=Bullypulpit>this thread</a> with a link to the full article.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Also...There is <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5550&highlight=Bullypulpit>this thread</a> with a link to the full article.

megsand, meet the resident troll.

This crap has been thoroughly discredited already. In fact, just about everything this troll has posted has been discredited within minutes. He's a walking propaganda machine without any clue whatsoever.

You'll also notice bully uses God to support his lies when he feels it's appropriate and yet claims God doesn't exist in other threads. He himself has admitted in the past his sole purpose on this board is to rile people up. That alone is enough to just ignore anything the troll says.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Nope.

Lincoln.

I knew that... just didn't read this thread until now.

Present day Dems would go nuts if Bush used as many references to God as Lincoln did. In fact, many 1860's Democrats did go nuts over it.

Forum List

Back