god's influence on america going to war

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I knew that... just didn't read this thread until now.

Present day Dems would go nuts if Bush used as many references to God as Lincoln did. In fact, many 1860's Democrats did go nuts over it.

I know. It makes me laugh to try to imagine that.

Originally posted by jimnyc
You'll also notice bully uses God to support his lies when he feels it's appropriate and yet claims God doesn't exist in other threads. He himself has admitted in the past his sole purpose on this board is to rile people up. That alone is enough to just ignore anything the troll says.

Sorry, but you're confused...again...still. The article linked to merely makes observations regarding the influence of Dubbyuh's "born again" theology on his decision making process.

Personally, I find Dubbyuh's use of religion to be, at best, blatantly hypocritical. At worst, it is an attempt to impose a religious ideology, supported by far fewer than he thinks, on those of us who don't hold such views.

Go home and take yer meds jim.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Sorry, but you're confused...again...still.

No, I'm not. I believe you're a troll on this board and so do many others. Shall I take a poll, dopey?

hi... obviously i'm pretty new to this message board. we have to do it for some stupid class assignment. hence my random posts. anyways... what is a 'troll' exactly?

Originally posted by NewGuy
See who can guess which president said:

"We turst, Sir, that God is on our side. It is more important to know that we are on God's side."

Lincoln

Originally posted by megsand247
hi... obviously i'm pretty new to this message board. we have to do it for some stupid class assignment. hence my random posts. anyways... what is a 'troll' exactly?

meg, a 'troll' is a person who posts blatantly agitating posts for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble. Usually, such people are identified and summarily ignored.

Anyway, I hope that you find the conversations on here interesting enough to stick around past your class. BTW, what kind of class assignment do you have where you are supposwed to post on message boards?

Thanks for the info on what a troll is! We have to participate in a political discussion board for my democracy class. It's supposed to help us learn about civic participation.

Ummmm, Welcome Megs.

I'm assuming you are at the university? Let me give you a hint, when a professor tells you someone said, "Whatever...", without any source, raise your hand and say something like, "Gee, thanks for that information, I try to keep up on the news, and I must have missed that somehow. Can you tell me where or when that person said that? I'd like to know more." You will not only appear bright and interested, you will be putting them on notice to document what they are saying; they should expect the same from you.

Originally posted by megsand247
Thanks for the info on what a troll is! We have to participate in a political discussion board for my democracy class. It's supposed to help us learn about civic participation.
Don't let the flippancy of some of the replies deter you. We generally are practicing debate here. Kathianne's post above is very good...you should always ask for sources. Look at the original, always! That way you can determine for yourself if what's being taught is the correct and only interpretation.

Come on back and post...enter the discussions. We welcome that!

Forum List

Back