God sends

garyd

Dec 19, 2008
Oklahoma
no one to hell. Rather he rescues them form it. In fact hell is the ultimate destination of all of humanity whom God does not choose to save.

That is one of the many mysteries to which the bible provides only and imperfect to our human ears answer.

The take of the Westminster catechism of Faith is essentially that God chose to save some that he might demonstrate his mercy and and lets other continue on to hell that Justice may be observed. Hell is the place of ultimate justice, heaven of everlasting mercy.

Hell by the way isn't one size fits all punishment in my view. In fact, it can't be else how could it be worse for some than for others as is clearly indicated by scripture?

I don't think anyone can tell where we end up when we die. People can't say for sure that Heaven exists as no one has come back and told them it does. Same with Hell.

Well.....there are several Gospels, as well as the Torah, that reference this......

Hell is a place for refinement, to remove your will to receive for yourself alone. Nobody stays there forever, that's just a myth invented by Christians to scare you into following God.

Check it out......it's true......

Actually it is baloney created by people who understand neither Justice or mercy...

Well.....there are several Gospels, as well as the Torah, that reference this......

Hell is a place for refinement, to remove your will to receive for yourself alone. Nobody stays there forever, that's just a myth invented by Christians to scare you into following God.

Check it out......it's true......

While it is true, there is also the belief that hell itself does not exist, but instead those who are vile in life (not evil just vile) are banned from the after world until they make right what they have done.

While it is true, there is also the belief that hell itself does not exist, but instead those who are vile in life (not evil just vile) are banned from the after world until they make right what they have done.

Which religion/school of though is that Kitten? Most of the ones that I've seen have some type of heaven/hell thing going on.

BTW........Heaven and Hell are right next to each other, according to the Torah, in the center of the earth.

Which religion/school of though is that Kitten? Most of the ones that I've seen have some type of heaven/hell thing going on.

BTW........Heaven and Hell are right next to each other, according to the Torah, in the center of the earth.

Many pagan religions do not believe in hell, and some don't even believe in good and evil. Ancient Egyptian (modern name: Egyptian Pantheonism) teaches that Anpu weighs your heart against a feather (guilt), if you heart is heavier than the feather you are denied access to the underworld (afterlife for those not keen on mythology) and the spirit then wanders the world until they find a way to forgive themselves (thus no longer feeling guilt).

Many Wiccan covens do not have a heaven/hell place at all but believe that instead you just learn more.

Many do not even believe in afterlives at all but instead believe you are reborn in some fashion (reincarnation being only one form of rebirth).

Really, you are not that studied in theology are you?

no one to hell. Rather he rescues them form it. In fact hell is the ultimate destination of all of humanity whom God does not choose to save.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

I don't think anyone can tell where we end up when we die. People can't say for sure that Heaven exists as no one has come back and told them it does. Same with Hell.

Well, no one except for Jesus.

"It is proclaimed throughout the four Gospels as well as ancient correspondence. If these works are the historical documents they claim to be, then they bare witness to an historical event. According to Aristotle's Dictum, these pieces meet the criteria for legitimate historical documents."

"The men who believed in Jesus' Resurrection from the dead, known today as Christ's Disciples, certainly had their testimony, as well as their convictions, tested by those who disbelieved. With the exception of John, every one of these men were put to death. These deaths were excruciating and merciless. More so were their lives, as these men were persecuted by the secular world and suffered great hardship for the spreading of their beloved Gospel, which they proclaimed. Paul gives account in his second letter to the Corinthians "Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness." (II Corinthians 11:24-27). Paul was later beheaded after suffering in a Roman dungeon for many years. His death was far less brutal then those of his brethren as he was a Roman citizen and often they were not. These men believed the Lord allowed them to suffer greatly, as there is no better evidence of their sincerity and the truth of their message than their endurance and perseverance without any hope of an earthly reward. Every single one of them could have escaped such torture and humiliation by simply denouncing the Resurrection of Christ. This was the goal of their tormentors. However, not one ceded to their persecutors, and this is dramatic evidence in rebuttal of any conspiracy theory."

Jesus' Resurrection

Heavens and hells are encouragements some schools of thought use to be somewhat civil while you are alive and listen to what else they have to say which may or may not be helpful.

"1 Cor. 15:3-4 reads: "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." This contains a Christian creed of pre-Pauline origin.[15] The antiquity of the creed has been located by many biblical scholars to less than a decade after Jesus' death, originating from the Jerusalem apostolic community.[16] Concerning this creed, Campenhausen wrote, "This account meets all the demands of historical reliability that could possibly be made of such a text,"[17] whilst A. M. Hunter said, "The passage therefore preserves uniquely early and verifiable testimony. It meets every reasonable demand of historical reliability."[18]
Resurrection of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even wiki admits the historic accuracy of the claims.

Heavens and hells are encouragements some schools of thought use to be somewhat civil while you are alive and listen to what else they have to say which may or may not be helpful.

That would be more convincing if there was any evidence that ancient heathen societies believed in versions of heaven and hell.

They don't. It originates and ends with the Hebrew God. It isn't just a matter of collective retardism as so many would like to think. If it was, it would be collective.

That would be more convincing if there was any evidence that ancient heathen societies believed in versions of heaven and hell.

They don't. It originates and ends with the Hebrew God. It isn't just a matter of collective retardism as so many would like to think. If it was, it would be collective.

*smirks* Really ... you really are clueless ... learn more about the ancient religions, not just the heathen ones but also the pagans and some of the organized ones to. Hell, the christian version of hell would be fun to me. I love desert places, and fire, such a beautiful chemical reaction. Brimstone doesn't smell bad to me, not as bad as car exhaust. Suffering .... how? physical torture doesn't phase me one bit. Really, just learn more about what you try to mention. To the Ancient Egyptians hell was being stuck on earth longer, but without your body. To the Greeks there were many levels of hell. To the Mayans hell was pretty much just destruction of your soul. To the Incans ... well, their's was reversed but oh well. To the tribal religions hell was commonly being banished to the cold and empty space. To some christians hell isn't even a place but the simple fact that you cannot let go of your mortal life and suffer because of that. You know so little of 'other' religions that it's almost sad.

If they are heathen why would they beleive in heaven of Hell? Oh and both the Greeks and Romans certainly did as Well as the Egyptians, not the Christian versions of course...

Kitty the Hell of the Christian Hell isn't the heat and humidity it is the utter absence of hope love or charity and the sure and certain knowledge that no one else there gives a tinker's dam about your problems after all they have problems of their own. And you never ever ask the question, "Why me?" Because springing from your own subconscious comes a rememberance of every thing you should have done and didn't and everyone harmed by your in action and of everything you should not have done and did and all those harmed by your actions. The screams of torment in Hell have little to do with the heat but everything to do with self actualization, as you come to see yourself as you really truly are and damnably few of us can live well with that realiztion. Well has it been said that those who go to heaven get a perfect heart while those who go to hell get a perfect memory.

Svante I've read and studied his book...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back