God’s law supersedes man’s law.

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

You do realize that the bible detailing "God's law" was written by MAN don't you?

Living a life around the so called word of God is a good thing in most cases BUT that choice and belief is YOURS and yours only to make and not to impose on others.

Yes, so? Are you here to tell us definitively God cannot work through man to disseminate His Word?

What appears to me is you (and so many others) do not seem to realize that there is a legion of empirical evidence for God's existence, the Judeo-Chrisitan God, and that is our assurance His Word is true as well.

And what do you mean by "impose?" You mean speaking publicly about our faith is imposing? Or do you mean voting in a free society for the laws we choose is imposing? I'm often amused (if not annoyed) by opponents of Christianity and all their accuastions.

Last edited:
The problem is Who's God gets to write the laws

God's laws are written by Him. Man's law, if we are lucky, is determined by the people.

Him Who?
The Christian God?
The Jewish God?
Budda?
or any number of other Gods for the Different religions.

Granted there will be many commonalities but the trouble is when you get into specifics. Do we or do we not eat pork? What about Fish on Friday?

Why don't you ask Him? He is more than happy to answer any questions you ask. The problem is so few people bother asking.

God's laws are written by Him. Man's law, if we are lucky, is determined by the people.

Him Who?
The Christian God?
The Jewish God?
Budda?

Granted there will be many commonalities but the trouble is when you get into specifics. Do we or do we not eat pork? What about Fish on Friday?

Why don't you ask Him? He is more than happy to answer any questions you ask. The problem is so few people bother asking.
I just asked. "Him" said we should to it anyway I think it should be done.

And what do you mean by "impose?" You mean speaking publicly about our faith is imposing? Or do you mean voting in a free society for the laws we choose is imposing? I'm often amused (if not annoyed) by opponents of Christianity and all their accuastions.

Publically speaking about your faith depends on the context. If you stand up and speak about your faith as "This is what I believe and how I base decisions in my life" that's not imposing your beliefs, but if you say ONLY my faith is the one true religion, and all laws must be written in accordance with MY church's beliefs, then yes, you are imposing your religion on the rest of us.

If you say a practice, like abortion or circumcision must be banned because your Church says it's wrong, then you are imposing your beliefs on others. Rather, by leaving both as a matter of choice, you are allowing others to make their own choices based on their own beliefs and not imposing your religion on the rest of the population.

No one forces you to do anything that violates your beliefs, so you are not having others impose their religion on you either. Everybody wins. It's when conservatives campaign against gay marriage, abortion, or other prohibitions based on their religion that both religious and non-religious liberals have a HUGE problem with.

Publically speaking about your faith depends on the context. If you stand up and speak about your faith as "This is what I believe and how I base decisions in my life" that's not imposing your beliefs, but if you say ONLY my faith is the one true religion, and all laws must be written in accordance with MY church's beliefs, then yes, you are imposing your religion on the rest of us.

If you say a practice, like abortion or circumcision must be banned because your Church says it's wrong, then you are imposing your beliefs on others. Rather, by leaving both as a matter of choice, you are allowing others to make their own choices based on their own beliefs and not imposing your religion on the rest of the population.

No one forces you to do anything that violates your beliefs, so you are not having others impose their religion on you either. Everybody wins. It's when conservatives campaign against gay marriage, abortion, or other prohibitions based on their religion that both religious and non-religious liberals have a HUGE problem with.

Oh, really? No parent was given the choice about the government coming in and secretly taxiing one's 13 year old daughter off to get a secret abortion. That happens without parental notification. Are you cool on that?

But to your other point about "imposing." Sorry, your point makes no sense. We have all kinds of voices in the public square, in the media, in academia, on the airwaves, and even in government spewing out their ideologies and their pleasures and their craziness. And no one in Christian circles is telling them they cannot do so. They are not imposing by stating what they believe is best for the country. But if I as a Christian do the same, now it is imposing? Be real.

Secondly, if enough citizens decide that abortion is wrong and they choose to elect officials to pass laws against abortion, where do you come off telling me or others they have no right to vote that way? Where do you come off deciding some laws are proper and others are imposing? Your argument is weak.

Hugo Chavez is finding that out right now. Oblameris being made out to be a 'God' by the Marxist Left. He too will soon find out the wrath of the true 'God Almighty'

Someone once said that once the name of Hitler is invoked in a message board discussion, the thread is dead. No one is a bad as Hilter and you prove your ignorance by suggesting it.

If you say that Obama is a "communist" you have nothing to say which is valid. Obama is not a communist. He's not even a left-wing President. Obamacare would never get a vote in any real social democracy in the world, because it's not a single payer system.

There's a lot of crap you can criticize Obama for which has validity. Calling him a communist is not one of them. But it's a huge help to me to let me know who is hopelessly out of touch with reality and doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

No one is as bad as Hitler? what about Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc?

There are lots of people as bad as Hitler.

And yes, Obama is a communist. His parents were communists. His grandparents were communists. His mentors were communists. He admits he sought out the marxist professors and the marxist students to associate with. His spiritual advisors are communists in Christian clothing. The President wrote a book about the Dreams he recieved from his father. His father's dream what communism. At no point has he ever renounced any part of communist goals. He has not had any turning point to take him away from communism. In fact, his words and actions demonstrate that he has a strong animosity to the free market system and wants to fundamentally transform this nation.

I don't see how it's a lie or even bad to point out that he is a freakin marxist. The Truth sets us free. How are we supposed to be free if we can't even call a spade a spade or a bird a bird.

Unfortunately, progressives, like all marxists, are skilled at keeping large groups of people from seeing who they really are. They are skilled at propaganda and alot of people dont see the danger.
i see the danger when retards like you are taken seriously.

Him Who?
The Christian God?
The Jewish God?
Budda?

why would a god lower itself to a gender?

The problem is Who's God gets to write the laws

That is nonsense. There is no proof ANYWHERE of ANYTHING written by a god.

The Ten Commandments exist. You cannot deny them. You may not find them credible evidence of something written by God, but it doesn't change the fact that it's evidence.

The Ten Commandments exist. You cannot deny them. You may not find them credible evidence of something written by God, but it doesn't change the fact that it's evidence.

evidence someone wrote something on a stone while alone.keep grasping

One of the biggest hoaxes of all time. Right up there with the film of Bigfoot. Ya right..."god" the be all and end all of all knowledge past future and present is gonna whip out a chisel and hammer and wack out some letters in hebrew and end up with something that wouldn't get ya a merit badge in cub scouts. They look like mini headstones for the pet cemetary.

Nigga Pleeezz!!! If the all powerfull all knowing "god" had done this quaint little artsy craftsy project it would have been done in a fashion that no man could have created it.

LIke I said. Nonsense.

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

If you want to follow what you believe to be God's laws, then don't have an abortion or enter into a same-sex marriage. Nothing in man's law forces you to do either. What the laws force you to do is respect that other people do not have to share your beliefs, nor do they have to abide by them. That's what the Separation of Church and State in the Constitution means.

You have the freedom to follow your religious beliefs, AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE. That's one of the best parts of the US Constitution. It makes sure that you can't force me to believe as you do.

As to the highlighted portion above, can you tell me where you found that in the Constitution?

It's strange, but my copy doesn't seem to have it... :dunno:

My God says your God is wrong. My God says if you don't believe in my God, then you are wrong, too.

I know a few proud atheist, and they think they are the smartest person in the room, but after talking with them for a while you find out that's not the truth. They think they have all the anwers to everything. I tend to look to the bible for answers to my questions and in the end my answers are more logical.

You clearly know nothing about those of us free from faith.

I know you base morality on nothing, pretty much sums it up. Huh?

Not everyone needs divine blackmail to be a good person. If you do...there is clearly something wrong with you; please seek professional help.

Forum List

Back