God is almost omnipotent. He has many limits.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

Seems to me that God has a few limits.

He cannot reproduce true.
He cannot enjoy sex.
He cannot reproduce without bestiality or cross species breeding.
He can only reproduce half breed chimeras like Jesus.
He could not create a heaven without Satan.
He could not create Eden without evil in it.
He cannot control wayward demons or devils.
He cannot sin, although scripture says he does.
He cannot live without needs like adoration, honour, obedience, love.
He cannot accept a soul into heaven without us accepting Jesus and human sacrifice.
He could not forgive sin without having Jesus sacrificed.
Feel free to add to this list.

How then can Christians say that God omnipotent, all-powerful and without limits when he clearly has many?

Regards
DL

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

He cannot enjoy sex.
He cannot accept a soul into heaven without us accepting Jesus and human sacrifice.

How then can Christians say that God omnipotent, all-powerful and without limits when he clearly has many?

Regards
DL

How do you know he can't reproduce himself ?
How do you know he can't enjoy sex ? This from someone who has a prophet that is a pedophile
Number three you have no idea of what you are saying.
Number four more rhetoric.
He created beings and gave them free will unlike your god.
Again free will.
He can finish off the demons and satan at anytime,has chosen a particular day to do so.
He cannot break his own laws but how does that not make him ominipotent.
How do you know ?
He is the judge he can accept any he desires.
He forgave sin before Christ.

Because you make ignorant arguments.

He cannot enjoy sex.

Regards
DL

What on earth are you talking about? He can reproduce. We are His children. We are literally the sons and daughters of God. I dont understand why that is difficult to understand.

He commands devils and demons and they obey all the time throughout the scriptures. where exactly did you get this idea that they dont have to listen to God?

God sets laws. Because you dont understand that doesn't mean He is somehow less powerful.

You also dont understand the definition of All Powerful. He has power to do all things that can be done.

He cannot enjoy sex.

Regards
DL

How do you know he can't reproduce himself ?
How do you know he can't enjoy sex ? This from someone who has a prophet that is a pedophile
Number three you have no idea of what you are saying.
Number four more rhetoric.
He created beings and gave them free will unlike your god.
Again free will.
He can finish off the demons and satan at anytime,has chosen a particular day to do so.
He cannot break his own laws but how does that not make him ominipotent.
How do you know ?
He is the judge he can accept any he desires.
He forgave sin before Christ.

Because you make ignorant arguments.

You ask how I know. I do not. I am speculation with what I see and what is written.

How do you know that what you wrote is true?

How is it that you can fathom an unfathomable God?

Regards
DL

[qu
What on earth are you talking about? He can reproduce. We are His children. We are literally the sons and daughters of God. I dont understand why that is difficult to understand.

Are you a God? Can you do miracles?

He commands devils and demons and they obey all the time throughout the scriptures. where exactly did you get this idea that they dont have to listen to God?

Are you saying that Satan and his pals are presentlu doing God's orders?

If so, why has he condemned them to hell?

God sets laws. Because you dont understand that doesn't mean He is somehow less powerful.

How do you know this as fact and not just opinion based on hearsay or book say?

You also dont understand the definition of All Powerful. He has power to do all things that can be done.

Same as my last.

Regards
DL

Only Christians think god must be a human being. This is due to theirbelief that Jesus is both the messiah and Creator.

But, given the defintion of god in Genesis and Abrahams description. God is not Human nor is there ever a reason for such a god to stoop to the level of being human.

Remember, we are "made in the image of God". We humans are not gods.

(I guess 3 is correct. If you are not christian, that is.)

Only Christians think god must be a human being. This is due to theirbelief that Jesus is both the messiah and Creator.

But, given the defintion of god in Genesis and Abrahams description. God is not Human nor is there ever a reason for such a god to stoop to the level of being human.

I agree that Jesus could not be God and that God would not stoop that low.

Regards
DL

He cannot enjoy sex.

Regards
DL
How can you claim to have a brain? Limit yourself to one stupid post a week, it might not hurt as much.

dumbest fucking OP ever

you have officially replaced the insane member that thought he was jesus come again

He had the excuse of being insane, you're just

damn

how dumb can you be and not be retarded? what's the word for that?

dumbest fucking OP ever

you have officially replaced the insane member that thought he was jesus come again

He had the excuse of being insane, you're just

damn

how dumb can you be and not be retarded? what's the word for that?

Spoken like one too dumb to be able to refute.

Regards
DL

The Lord encourages us to read His Word. Why? To learn what He really says and means, instead of listening to lies from men. And we all know that "men/mankind" lies.

Your statement above is only out of ignorance. (not that I'm not ignorant of many things myself and will not stop learning) In regard to your statement, I encourage you to read the following verses:

Philippians 2:5-10
King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

God made Himself of no reputation.. took upon Himself the form of a servant (Jesus Christ) ..in the LIKENESS of men.

IMO, people believe in God due to fear. There is no objective evidence to support belief in God. Belief in God is not necessary to live a fulfilling life and die well.

Fear, tradition and culture, style and fashion are what is being assuaged.
Nothing to do with God.

Note how no believer id silly enough to try to push for God's laws to supplant those of secular governments.

Regards
DL

Nothing to do with God.

Note how no believer id silly enough to try to push for God's laws to supplant those of secular governments.

Regards
DL
What laws would you be talking about? The laws that all should follow or the ones Jesus made void? If you are talking about the ones that we all should be following, I would push them over mans secular laws. The founding fathers basically did that, but idiots over time has twisted and lied about that also.

Nothing to do with God.

Regards
DL
What laws would you be talking about? The laws that all should follow or the ones Jesus made void? If you are talking about the ones that we all should be following, I would push them over mans secular laws. The founding fathers basically did that, but idiots over time has twisted and lied about that also.

Just to name a few.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2_LqOS3uo]Martin Sheen burns a hypo-christian - YouTube[/ame]

If you want to discuss any law in particular then quote it.

Regards
DL

If there is a God and all of those things you claim are true it would be because God chooses not to not because God is not able too. It would really speak more to your brains inability to comprehend such scenarios. It is okay though, i'm sure there are many, less complicated, things your brain can't comprehend.

Nothing to do with God.

Regards
DL

Just to name a few.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2_LqOS3uo]Martin Sheen burns a hypo-christian - YouTube[/ame]

If you want to discuss any law in particular then quote it.

Regards
DL

His whole diatribe is rendered moot because he didn't mention Ohio St when referring to the dead pig thing. What a dick.

If there is a God and all of those things you claim are true it would be because God chooses not to not because God is not able too. It would really speak more to your brains inability to comprehend such scenarios. It is okay though, i'm sure there are many, less complicated, things your brain can't comprehend.

If even one is true then Christians lie when they name God omnipotent.

Thanks for your swollen headed response though.
It shows your true Christian upbringing. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back