God Bless Texas.

Latest bulletin is predicting 100 mph winds in Houston! sustained winds in the storm now at 170 mph with gusts to 215 mph! This is now the third largest storm ever recorded and it still has lots of warm water to go over (though they say there is a band of cooler waterbetween it and the Texas coast).

This is gonna be bad, folks.

They are saying this is the third biggest hurricane in U.S. history. The Weather Channel was showing that the path of the hurricane ends near my part of the state. This is one big SOB.

Sadly, even with Katrina still fresh on people's minds, some in Houston, Galveston, and other cities down there are not leaving. Some say they don't want to deal with the traffic. I'll take traffic over a hurricane any day.

Jimmyeatworld said:
They are saying this is the third biggest hurricane in U.S. history. The Weather Channel was showing that the path of the hurricane ends near my part of the state. This is one big SOB.

Sadly, even with Katrina still fresh on people's minds, some in Houston, Galveston, and other cities down there are not leaving. Some say they don't want to deal with the traffic. I'll take traffic over a hurricane any day.

If you live in Galveston and you are not leaving you are living your last few days. They are going to be a little bowl all filled up with water, right up to the top of their sea wall! The storm surge is shown to be 30 feet high, the sea wall is 17.

no1tovote4 said:
If you live in Galveston and you are not leaving you are living your last few days. They are going to be a little bowl all filled up with water, right up to the top of their sea wall! The storm surge is shown to be 30 feet high, the sea wall is 17.

As far as I know, people in Galveston have been good about getting out. It's some of the people in and around Houston, Port Arthur, etc. that are choosing to stay behind. Houston isn't a bowl like Galveston or New Orleans, but they do have that canal that leads in. There is going to be some massive flooding in H town.

Jimmyeatworld said:
As far as I know, people in Galveston have been good about getting out. It's some of the people in and around Houston, Port Arthur, etc. that are choosing to stay behind. Houston isn't a bowl like Galveston or New Orleans, but they do have that canal that leads in. There is going to be some massive flooding in H town.

Texas city is likely to get what Galveston doesn't, it will be really bad in Houston but not nearly as bad as it will be there.

I hate to say it but I love to watch the storms like this one. The power of nature is so immense! I don't wish ill will on any person there but storms like this really show how insignificant an individual really is.

no1tovote4 said:
Texas city is likely to get what Galveston doesn't, it will be really bad in Houston but not nearly as bad as it will be there.

I hate to say it but I love to watch the storms like this one. The power of nature is so immense! I don't wish ill will on any person there but storms like this really show how insignificant an individual really is.
Except for George W. He not only has the power to single handedly create these storms but can actually direct them against people he doen't like. I expect to see one of these hurricanes come roaring into Massacheussetts Bay before the season is out and wipe out the Kenedy compound.

Forum List

Back