God Bless Texas.

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
My internet was down for a few days. It is probably a good thing with all the "A' holes on here bitching about Katrnia. Rita is one of the biggest storms I've seen in my life. I have nothing against the Mexican people but I hope it hits there and spares Texas. You folks that think you are in the "safe zones" better prepare for some record high power and gas prices. My thoughts and prayers are with the folks of the Lone Star state. Please if you are with in a 100 miles of the coast and this is still a cat. 5 please get out this is one monster of a storm.

rcajun90 said:
My internet was down for a few days. It is probably a good thing with all the "A' holes on here bitching about Katrnia. Rita is one of the biggest storms I've seen in my life. I have nothing against the Mexican people but I hope it hits there and spares Texas. You folks that think you are in the "safe zones" better prepare for some record high power and gas prices. My thoughts and prayers are with the folks of the Lone Star state. Please if you are with in a 100 miles of the coast and this is still a cat. 5 please get out this is one monster of a storm.

Thanks rc----evacuations' under way nearly 1.2 billion heading inland. Insane traffic in Austn already for the Austin City Limits music festival. Right now they have the eye passing about 50 miles east of Austin with 70mph winds here. Just barely got our Katarina evacuees placed in housing all over central Texas. It's fixin to get REAL crowded here.

All I want to know is why George Bush is making this hurricane go to Texas. Could it be to free himself of suspicion? Even though we all know that he and Karl Rove fired up their GOP Racist Storm O' Matic on New Orleans, this might just be a ploy to make us think that hurricanes occur naturally.

Actually, he's probably aiming it for Houston. And what's in Houston? Katrina survivors. Yes, George Bush is looking to finish the job by killing off some more black people. That crazy Neocon.

theim said:
All I want to know is why George Bush is making this hurricane go to Texas. Could it be to free himself of suspicion? Even though we all know that he and Karl Rove fired up their GOP Racist Storm O' Matic on New Orleans, this might just be a ploy to make us think that hurricanes occur naturally.

Actually, he's probably aiming it for Houston. And what's in Houston? Katrina survivors. Yes, George Bush is looking to finish the job by killing off some more black people. That crazy Neocon.

YA--I think he decided if he hit Texas too it would make things appear more even. I wonder how close it has to hit to me before I get $2,000 ?

dilloduck said:
Thanks rc----evacuations' under way nearly 1.2 billion heading inland. Insane traffic in Austn already for the Austin City Limits music festival. Right now they have the eye passing about 50 miles east of Austin with 70mph winds here. Just barely got our Katarina evacuees placed in housing all over central Texas. It's fixin to get REAL crowded here.

A bit of advice. If you got any trees over there that might hit your house, cut them down now. I know people that have paid 2,000 and up to 12,000 dollars to get trees out of their house. If you have cable you might want to go get a directv or dishnetwork dish if you value TV. They say the cable over here will be out till December. My brother went to Lafayette ( about 200 miles from New Orleans ) in search of one and couldn't find it any place. Also buy and store gas and if you think your power will go out get a generator now. God bless you guys. This like reliving a nightmare.

I just hope that Rita is not able to do to Texas, what Katrina has done to LA, MS, and AL. My prayers are with my fellow Americans! :usa: If it is as bad as it seems, I promise I'll give all that I did to Katrina victims!

dilloduck said:

It'a ALREADY gotten crowded here.

rcajun90 said:
A bit of advice. If you got any trees over there that might hit your house, cut them down now. I know people that have paid 2,000 and up to 12,000 dollars to get trees out of their house. If you have cable you might want to go get a directv or dishnetwork dish if you value TV. They say the cable over here will be out till December. My brother went to Lafayette ( about 200 miles from New Orleans ) in search of one and couldn't find it any place. Also buy and store gas and if you think your power will go out get a generator now. God bless you guys. This like reliving a nightmare.
id rather go without!
i keep asking the tech ops manager if they (the cable companies) will be asking for help with the re-cabling. ill volunteer. cash to be made down there. not that im greedy or anything, i jsut collect money.

Johnney said:
id rather go without!
i keep asking the tech ops manager if they (the cable companies) will be asking for help with the re-cabling. ill volunteer. cash to be made down there. not that im greedy or anything, i jsut collect money.

People with off the antenna are not getting but two channels since most of the stations booked it to Jackson Mississippi. I almost forgot. If you think that relatives might be staying with you, buy some aerobeds now. If your power does go out and you don't have a generator, clean out your refrigerator. I cleaned mine and threw up about every five minutes. There is still a nasty smell to it. That's about the best advice I can give you. Good luck and God bless.

rcajun90 said:
People with off the antenna are not getting but two channels since most of the stations booked it to Jackson Mississippi. I almost forgot. If you think that relatives might be staying with you, buy some aerobeds now. If your power does go out and you don't have a generator, clean out your refrigerator. I cleaned mine and threw up about every five minutes. There is still a nasty smell to it. That's about the best advice I can give you. Good luck and God bless.
thanks for the advice, but i think im pretty safe up here in iowa. we dont get too many hurricanes up here. now tornadoes on the other hand. well i cant even say that. here in this part of iowa we dont get alot of anything but cold and hot weather.

Johnney said:
thanks for the advice, but i think im pretty safe up here in iowa. we dont get too many hurricanes up here. now tornadoes on the other hand. well i cant even say that. here in this part of iowa we dont get alot of anything but cold and hot weather.

We'll be sure and send Rita your way. :laugh:

theim said:

Didn't you know? President Bush is trying to push the gas prices to outragous prices so Texaco can become the most powerful entity in the nation. That way, we can become a Communist country, because Communism is all about big business... or something like that. Ask Xen.

Johnney said:

I was directing the adivce to "Dildoduck" and not you. That is why I don't like the quote system on this board. Safe in Iowa? Do you need gas or diesel to propel that tractor to mow the corn fields? We are all connected dude. We are all Americans.

I hate to sound self serving, but this is one of those times I'm thankful Texas is so big. I'm on the other end of the state. Put it this way, if I spit, Oklahoma gets wet.

I'm sure we'll get some hard rain, and we won't be immune to the gas prices, but I don't expect any 100 mile an hour wind. Thankfully, people learned their lesson from Katrina, and evacuations started early this time.

It's amazing what happens when the state and local governments do their job.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I hate to sound self serving, but this is one of those times I'm thankful Texas is so big. I'm on the other end of the state. Put it this way, if I spit, Oklahoma gets wet.

I'm sure we'll get some hard rain, and we won't be immune to the gas prices, but I don't expect any 100 mile an hour wind. Thankfully, people learned their lesson from Katrina, and evacuations started early this time.

It's amazing what happens when the state and local governments do their job.

I hope you are right. If it hits Houston, I don't want to see a repeat of Katrina. If you are up in Dallas and beyond I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck and God Bless. I know that in Southwest Louisiana you must go very far offshore to get into blue and deep water. Despite what some say, coastal erosion isn't a New Orlean problem. It is a Gulf Coast problem. I hope the shallow water of Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana will make the storm less powerful. I recall a storm a few years ago that hit New Iberia. It was a cat. 4 but by the time it hit it was only a cat. 2. I hope the same thing happens. God Bless TEXAS! Damn this is a big storm.

rcajun90 said:
I was directing the adivce to "Dildoduck" and not you. That is why I don't like the quote system on this board. Safe in Iowa? Do you need gas or diesel to propel that tractor to mow the corn fields? We are all connected dude. We are all Americans.
i was thinking more along the weather lines not the after effects. i dont think we mow the corn fields, but then again im not a farmer.

Johnney said:
i was thinking more along the weather lines not the after effects. i dont think we mow the corn fields, but then again im not a farmer.

Hey what ever you guys do up there to get corn down here. I like the stuff and I'm sure you don't "mow" it but I think you know what I talking about. You harvest it on big combines. :usa:

rcajun90 said:
Hey what ever you guys do up there to get corn down here. I like the stuff and I'm sure you don't "mow" it but I think you know what I talking about. You harvest it on big combines. :usa:
personally i dont like corn. now corn fields are cool. deer and pheasant love them too!

Forum List

Back