God Bless Texas.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rcajun90, Sep 21, 2005.

1. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My internet was down for a few days. It is probably a good thing with all the "A' holes on here bitching about Katrnia. Rita is one of the biggest storms I've seen in my life. I have nothing against the Mexican people but I hope it hits there and spares Texas. You folks that think you are in the "safe zones" better prepare for some record high power and gas prices. My thoughts and prayers are with the folks of the Lone Star state. Please if you are with in a 100 miles of the coast and this is still a cat. 5 please get out this is one monster of a storm.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Thanks rc----evacuations' under way nearly 1.2 billion heading inland. Insane traffic in Austn already for the Austin City Limits music festival. Right now they have the eye passing about 50 miles east of Austin with 70mph winds here. Just barely got our Katarina evacuees placed in housing all over central Texas. It's fixin to get REAL crowded here.

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    All I want to know is why George Bush is making this hurricane go to Texas. Could it be to free himself of suspicion? Even though we all know that he and Karl Rove fired up their GOP Racist Storm O' Matic on New Orleans, this might just be a ploy to make us think that hurricanes occur naturally.

Actually, he's probably aiming it for Houston. And what's in Houston? Katrina survivors. Yes, George Bush is looking to finish the job by killing off some more black people. That crazy Neocon.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    YA--I think he decided if he hit Texas too it would make things appear more even. I wonder how close it has to hit to me before I get $2,000 ?

5. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

A bit of advice. If you got any trees over there that might hit your house, cut them down now. I know people that have paid 2,000 and up to 12,000 dollars to get trees out of their house. If you have cable you might want to go get a directv or dishnetwork dish if you value TV. They say the cable over here will be out till December. My brother went to Lafayette ( about 200 miles from New Orleans ) in search of one and couldn't find it any place. Also buy and store gas and if you think your power will go out get a generator now. God bless you guys. This like reliving a nightmare.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I just hope that Rita is not able to do to Texas, what Katrina has done to LA, MS, and AL. My prayers are with my fellow Americans! :usa: If it is as bad as it seems, I promise I'll give all that I did to Katrina victims!

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It'a ALREADY gotten crowded here.

8. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    id rather go without!
    i keep asking the tech ops manager if they (the cable companies) will be asking for help with the re-cabling. ill volunteer. cash to be made down there. not that im greedy or anything, i jsut collect money.

9. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

People with off the antenna are not getting but two channels since most of the stations booked it to Jackson Mississippi. I almost forgot. If you think that relatives might be staying with you, buy some aerobeds now. If your power does go out and you don't have a generator, clean out your refrigerator. I cleaned mine and threw up about every five minutes. There is still a nasty smell to it. That's about the best advice I can give you. Good luck and God bless.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    thanks for the advice, but i think im pretty safe up here in iowa. we dont get too many hurricanes up here. now tornadoes on the other hand. well i cant even say that. here in this part of iowa we dont get alot of anything but cold and hot weather.