Goats/KID Goats Don't Live Life Without Them!

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
The kids are just too cute like I mean just watching the kids Running around playing is soooo entertaining! Like a fart bouncing around on a hot skillet they just seem to have spring loaded hooves. NEVER short on the wild antics they keep a person in stitches from laughing. Fawns are a trip all into their own but do not seem to be as Vaudevillian Three Stooges comical as the kid goats!

Man, I used to work with a guy that had goats, and he kept 2 big sticks on his dashboard in the truck.

One for him, and one for you. I soon found out that trying to be nice does not work and that stick is necessary.

1 whack and they start getting the message, but they come back, 2 and the point finally starts getting across to them hardheaded sumbitches.

Man, I used to work with a guy that had goats, and he kept 2 big sticks on his dashboard in the truck.

One for him, and one for you. I soon found out that trying to be nice does not work and that stick is necessary.

1 whack and they start getting the message, but they come back, 2 and the point finally starts getting across to them hardheaded sumbitches.
Posters here are like that. Humans are probably the most stubborn of all creation.

Except you become as this little child, you shall in no way inherit the Kingdom of heaven

King David, who personally killed TENS OF THOUSANDS in war, had a soft spot for the innocent and the underdog. How much more should modern Christians show the same compassion?

So the Lord sent Nathan to David. Nathan came to him and said, “There were two men in a certain city. One was rich, and the other was poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cows, 3 but the poor man had only one little female lamb that he had bought. He raised her, and she grew up in his home with his children. She would eat his food and drink from his cup. She rested in his arms and was like a daughter.

4 “Now, a visitor came to the rich man. The rich man thought it would be a pity to take one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler. So he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared her for the traveler.”

5 David BURNED with anger against the man. “I solemnly swear, as the Lord lives,” he said to Nathan, “the man who did this certainly deserves to die! 6 And he must pay back four times the price of the lamb because he did this and had no pity.”

Last edited:
Except you become as this little child, you shall in no way inherit the Kingdom of heaven

King David, who personally killed TENS OF THOUSANDS in war, had a soft spot for the innocent and the underdog. How much more should modern Christians show the same compassion?

So the Lord sent Nathan to David. Nathan came to him and said, “There were two men in a certain city. One was rich, and the other was poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cows, 3 but the poor man had only one little female lamb that he had bought. He raised her, and she grew up in his home with his children. She would eat his food and drink from his cup. She rested in his arms and was like a daughter.

4 “Now, a visitor came to the rich man. The rich man thought it would be a pity to take one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler. So he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared her for the traveler.”

5 David BURNED with anger against the man. “I solemnly swear, as the Lord lives,” he said to Nathan, “the man who did this certainly deserves to die! 6 And he must pay back four times the price of the lamb because he did this and had no pity.”

That would be a good topic for a thread of its own. It's such an important teaching that I think is overlooked... becoming like a child. Anyway, that video is absolutely heartbreaking. If infuriates me to see what people do to children when it comes to animals (ever seen 4-H videos of kids crying when they have to sell the animal for slaughter that they raised?) turning their pure soft hearts into callous hard hearts, when the child was the one who was correct in the first place. But I don't want to derail jackflash's thread, it was a happy thread, haha.

Last edited:
That would be a good topic for a thread of its own. It's such an important teaching that I think is overlooked... becoming like a child. Anyway, that video is absolutely heartbreaking. If infuriates me to see what people do to children when it comes to animals (ever seen 4-H videos of kids crying when they have to sell the animal for slaughter that they raised?) turning their pure soft hearts into callous hard hearts, when the child was the one who was correct in the first place. But I don't want to derail jackflash's thread, it was a happy thread, haha.

Was it you that sent me that precious vid of the lambs in diapers video? I do not have a video to respond but I do have images such as the one below of Neuman(white goat) & lil Pandy#1. We had just arrived on my acreage in eastern Washington from Idaho & my baby sis took this digital of us, just seconds after I unloader the precious cargo. They are just so human like(the good side of humanity) when imprinted & raised as family members!

To know them is to luv them!

CIMG1183 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2540 (1).JPG
    IMG_2540 (1).JPG
    158 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3092 (1).JPG
    DSCF3092 (1).JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 16
  • barn.JPG
    barn.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 15
Was it you that sent me that precious vid of the lambs in diapers video? I do not have a video to respond but I do have images such as the one below of Neuman(white goat) & lil Pandy#1. We had just arrived on my acreage in eastern Washington from Idaho & my baby sis took this digital of us, just seconds after I unloader the precious cargo. They are just so human like(the good side of humanity) when imprinted & raised as family members!

To know them is to luv them!

View attachment 800532

Haha, yes, it was me who posted the clip of the baby lambs in diapers on that other thread. What a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing it. :) I absolutely agree that they are human-like, just like dogs are... but of course as you said, that's when they are raised as family members and feel safe, instead of being thought of as nothing but commodities. What a blessing to have acres of land and animals!

Haha, yes, it was me who posted the clip of the baby lambs in diapers on that other thread. What a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing it. :) I absolutely agree that they are human-like, just like dogs are... but of course as you said, that's when they are raised as family members and feel safe, instead of being thought of as nothing but commodities. What a blessing to have acres of land and animals!
Those lambs are a KNOCKOUT, like I seen those cute lil tykes popping around in diapers & it just BLEW ME AWAY! YES, once imprinted & raised in family the goats/deer(& many other animals also) will take on human characteristics(play etc.). The land I own is a blessing for sure but unfortunately I am without animals @ current. I do have White-Tailed deer on my acreage but I am burning in way too many hrs. @ work to bring them in @ current. I will keep you updated with links that I believe you will find of interest.

Below; two years+ of persistence PAYS OFF BIG TIME for this gentleman!!!!!

Goats & deer are unique, for once bonded with a human they will never Never NEVER abandon that human they have accepted into their herd. Tragically it's always US that abandon them. Sad but true.

Till next time!

That's quite the avatar of that cute lil guy! Yeah I can DEFINITELY RELATE to the open the door for the four!

This December 31st(Sunday) will end my full time career regarding employment. From then on I am weekend employed only. That will leave me time to finally get my acreage back up as well as start on the goat/deer complex. Due to the influx of ever more Elk in our IMMEDIATE area & the wolves that feed upon them, I am concerned that the wolves will drive the White-Tailed deer out of my local area. One local herd of elk(132 strong by WFWD count) came right through my front vehicle access gate opening. I thought @ first it was an earth tremor then as the sound increased I thought it to be a tracked vehicle coming down my driveway(was night time) through the front field. I went out the front door of my shop & standing under the carport roof I watched what looked like an endless stream of elk moving through @ speed. About 20 feet out from the end of the carport there they were. I was so close to them that besides the mind numbing sight what sticks in my mind is the in & out sound of their breathing which could be picked up even through the rumbling sound of those hooves landing on the deck.

Below is a vid of one of the elk herds in our general area. This area they are crossing is about a mile & a half as a crow flies from my acreage, but I never dreamed that one night in the future they would come barreling through my acreage like a freight train under power!!! If you get on google maps just type in LakeWolf Creamery, Deer Park Wa. Just south of the driveway a 1/4 mile or so leading into the Creamery from Bridges Rd. is where the vid was recorded from. The house & 4 white columns are unmistakable.

I am trying my best to bring into todays world what I once had back in '66 through '68 but I am running out of time. Plus it will not be my Bitsy-Baby & her Black-Tailed(exotics) herd, but this time around just the generic ole White-Tailed deer(take what one can get). But, ANY deer is better than no deer @ all, like even homely ole Reindeer(bottom on the wish list). I do have several goat farms in the north west zeroed for my yet to be future Neuman#2, & also Pandora(Pandy)#3. If all else fails with the deer @ least I will have my Neuman & Pandora replacements permanently back.

I am heavily active in our international/online-YouTube deer whispering community so I cannot remember all the images/links I send to various posters in our community. So taking that into account I may have already sent some of the below links to you & if so just disregard those ones.

This weeks featured deer species is the terrifying MUNTJAC "Alien Deer Creature", with a special feature @ the end about Chinese Water Deer & "Treat The Does Right Or It's Fright & Flight"!

Vampire Deer/Water Deer/Musk Deer(Super Exotics)

Not all deer belong to family Cervidae(47 species globally) as some deer also belong to family Moschidae though both families are ungulates as well as ruminants(4 chamber digestive system) rumen, reticulum, omasum, abomasum which in plain English = CUD CHEWERS. All goats as well are ruminants though they belong to family Bovidae.

This lil guy comes complete from the factory with ALL the horns, bells & whistles! Some folks call these cute lil farts the "alien deer".

Horrifyingly CUTE!

They are known to be 'goofy'(playful) but intimidating in appearance. Intimidating??? U be the judge like how could these lil 30# small-fries ever be considered intimidating???? The does lil baboos must only be guinea pig in size when coming out of the chute.

Unlike American buck fawns the Chinese Water Deer buck fawns appear to have not been taught proper dating/courtship mannerisms by their parents, like this teddy bear cute & innocent lil doe(she's a KNOCK OUT!) learns the hard way!

Keep me up to speed on the RESCUE operations/vids please!

Fawns/kid goats; to know them is to luv them!

I want a couple of those small goats. My friend has some and I absolutely love them little shits.
Everything is just too expensive right now to mess with it.
Dude! Aside from the purchase price, goats are very low maintenance.

I remember a guy used to have some and he'd check on them once or twice a month.

They eat anything. (and everything)

Unless they get bit a rattlesnake, they're gonna be alright.

Forum List

Back