Go... and....

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
Matthew 28: "19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Go and teach...
Baptize them...
Have knowledge of the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (or as written with no 'personal name(s) added')...
Teach them to observe as much of 'all' things that Christ Messiah commanded...
Edify, reassuring that He Is with 'life' alway, even unto the end of the world.

Nations: 1484. ethnos

Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: ethnos
Phonetic Spelling: (eth'-nos)
Definition: a race, a nation, the nations (as distinct from Israel)
Usage: a race, people, nation; the nations, heathen world, Gentiles.

1484 éthnos (from ethō, "forming a custom, culture") – properly, people joined by practicing similar customs or common culture; nation(s), usually referring to unbelieving Gentiles (non-Jews).

• Banned
1 Corinthians 11:27- "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."

"30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep."

Because of those 'few' which might eat of 'that' bread and drink of His 'blood' and yet not learning and receiving 'contentment with Godliness' but rather still possibly having a 'desire' for more 'gain'...

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 11:27- "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."
Interesting. I have judged myself and I have convicted myself of being unworthy.

Does that mean I cannot eat that bread or drink from that cup until I am worthy?

• Banned
371. anaxiós
Strong's Concordance
anaxiós: in an unworthy manner

Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: anaxiós
Phonetic Spelling: (an-ax-ee'-oce)
Definition: in an unworthy manner
Usage: unworthily, in an unworthy manner.

Word Origin
adverb from anaxios

370. anaxios
Strong's Concordance
anaxios: unworthy

Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: anaxios
Phonetic Spelling: (an-ax'-ee-os)
Definition: unworthy
Usage: unworthy, inadequate.
HELPS Word-studies
370 anáksios (from 303 /aná, "up to the top" and 514 /áksios, "worth, as it corresponds to real value") – properly, tested and found wanting, i.e. not equal to the task; unworthy (unfit, inappropriate), falling short of what God says is valuable – (literally) "lacking a correspondence to real value."

• Banned
Interesting. I have judged myself and I have convicted myself of being unworthy.

Does that mean I cannot eat that bread or drink from that cup until I am worthy?

I hope the last post helped to clear up some misconceptions of the word unworthily.

Because of those 'few' which might eat of 'that' bread and drink of His 'blood' and yet not learning and receiving 'contentment with Godliness' but rather still possibly having a 'desire' for more 'gain'...

properly, tested and found wanting, i.e. not equal to the task; unworthy (unfit, inappropriate)

Putting the bread/body and the 'wine'/blood to the test...

And...

Because of those 'few', many are weak, sickly and have fallen asleep; either physically and/or spiritually.

Strange yet written by the Apostle Paul to the Church in/at Corinth.

Maybe it could be/have something to do with/about being 'pulled' away from the upright in The Way, (Him), due to wrongful Church associations..

A little leaven leavens the whole batch/lump???.

So i would not find it a wrongful thing to do if for personal well being sake and/or to keep the 'oil' from being depleted, as in the bridegroom and virgins parable, if a person remained away from such persons and/or even entire assemblings.

And remember that the gathering of believers, as in do not forsake the gathering of yourselves, etc...was at that time referring to much smaller individual homes many times also...

Last edited:

I hope the last post helped to clear up some misconceptions of the word unworthily.

properly, tested and found wanting, i.e. not equal to the task; unworthy (unfit, inappropriate)

Putting the bread/body and the 'wine'/blood to the test...
I’m probably putting it to the test.

Forum List

Back