GM Sales Down 45%

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Kausfiles : Rattner's Legacy: The Chooch Is At the Door

GM's sales are down 45% from last September (when sales were already bad enough to drive the company into banrkuptcy). Chrysler is down 42%. Ford is only down 5%. Car buyers are clearly punishing the two bailout recipients brutally. Robert Farago of Truth About Cars predicts that GM and Chrysler will both "go down by the end of next year" without a second, new federal bailout. The only question, he says, is whether the two bailed out manufacturers will need the cash before the 2010 midterm elections.

More proof that the Government fails at running industries. And the Government wants to run our healthcare, too?

Pathetic.

Yeah, and Obama and Government Motors tells 13,000 people at Saturn "Go Fuck Yourselves"

Oh palease.... take over healthcare.

Prediction.. GM is TOAST. Yet we will be forced to fund their pension liabilities indefinately as payback to Obama's union handlers.

GM's sales are down 45% from last September (when sales were already bad enough to drive the company into banrkuptcy). Chrysler is down 42%. Ford is only down 5%. Car buyers are clearly punishing the two bailout recipients brutally. Robert Farago of Truth About Cars predicts that GM and Chrysler will both "go down by the end of next year" without a second, new federal bailout. The only question, he says, is whether the two bailed out manufacturers will need the cash before the 2010 midterm elections.

More proof that the Government fails at running industries. And the Government wants to run our healthcare, too?

Pathetic.

THIS is expected, the drop in sales after a huge promotion like this...anyone with any management experienced in retail knows this trend....

i posted on this BEFORE the clunkers program was near an end.... i have done these big events before and they SHOULD drop the following month after the event...then the month after that should be better, by the 3rd month they should be on track or beating ly.

Last edited:
They will not get back to previous sales with Unemployment skyrocketing like it has in the past year. Those unemployed people do not have the money to buy cars. In fact many of them are having their cars repossessed.

When we cross over the 23% level on unemployment/underemployment, we run the risk of a continuing collapse in the economy that will be totally self sustaining.

Spending is over 70% of our economy. When 23% of the breadwinners are not earning "bread" you have reached the point where their lack of spending puts more and more people out of work and that just continues to escalate. Folks we are in a Depression.

It is a sad commentary on contemporary Americans when they take pleasure over the failure of an American company that has created the best cars and a lifestyle for its employees matched by no other.

Our Buick is rated number one in quality ahead of Lexus, but foreign cars are cheaper as they don't have healthcare as Americans companies do or as they do in Wal-mart - buy cheap.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Buy American - Support Yourself – Political Pass
Thumbs up Day – Political Pass

It would be an interesting study in ideas to trace how Americans came to hate themselves. Automobiles were our life blood, they still are, they have brought great pleasure and complex negative consequences. My first Chevy, a 55 V8 with four barrel and three speed moved to the floor was my first love. Anyway, how did Americans come to hate what they made, to look down on those who make them, especially when it provided a wonderful middle class life? Gawd, I still love the backroad, windows open, and beauty passing by.....

As a nation we sure as hell have some twisted values, when some gloat over the failure of who we are.

Need these bumper stickers.

Buy American, support your nation and yourself.

Sorry, I'm not Japanese, I buy American.

When the Japanese sell American cars, I'll buy theirs.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves, require we support each other, buy American.

Didn't know you were Korean!

When the Japanese support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

MadeInUSA.com - Recycle American dollars Through Patriotic Spending - Home
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made
UAW Made Products
http://shopunionmade.org/

UNION BUILT PC - CONTACT US
https://unionbuiltpc.com/netbook_ubu100.php

Buy American, Support yourself.

Last edited:
what were car sales trending the previous month to the event? that too is a critical piece to the post mortem of the event's effectiveness.

Pathetic.

Do you think the fact that every talk radio host (except Hannity who does radio ads for GM) and pundit said not to buy GM had any affect on the sheeple who wait for their daily feeding? If they had told folks to buy instead and get the company back on it's feet, they could get out from under the government and restore their former glory and employee more Americans.

It is a sad commentary on contemporary Americans when they take pleasure over the failure of an American company that has created the best cars and a lifestyle for its employees matched by no other.

1. Modern GM cars are infamously unreliable.

2. You've never been personally fucked over by GM, I take it? GM is a rotten company that had this coming.

Pathetic.

Do you think the fact that every talk radio host (except Hannity who does radio ads for GM) and pundit said not to buy GM had any affect on the sheeple who wait for their daily feeding? If they had told folks to buy instead and get the company back on it's feet, they could get out from under the government and restore their former glory and employee more Americans.

I know, I know, everything is the Republicans' fault...

:eusa_boohoo:

Government doesn't fail. It is the people who have bought cheap foreign imports that have failed.

2. You've never been personally fucked over by GM, I take it? GM is a rotten company that had this coming.

I bought a brand new Silverado crew cab in 2004 and have damn near 100,000 miles on it. Best vehicle I've ever owned in my 38 years of driving. I've driven Dodge, Ford, Honda and Hyundai as well as other Chevy vehicles in that time.

Pathetic.

I know, I know, everything is the Republicans' fault...

:eusa_boohoo:

Being a conservative libertarian, I'd disagree with your assessment about Republicans as a whole. That being said, anyone who takes any stock in the snake oil the talk radio entertainers and pundits are selling to raise their ratings and line their pockets get what they deserve. You probably think professional wrestling is real too. :eusa_whistle:

I bought a brand new Silverado crew cab in 2004 and have damn near 100,000 miles on it. Best vehicle I've ever owned in my 38 years of driving. I've driven Dodge, Ford, Honda and Hyundai as well as other Chevy vehicles in that time.

You must be one of their few remaining customers...

You must be one of their few remaining customers...

Yeah, along with the 10's of millions of other Chevy's on the road. :cuckoo:

Pathetic.

It sounds like they need another bail-out. I'll see if my as of yet unborn grandkids can spare anymore money.

Ayn Rand had more sense than your bunch any day of the week. Her work is Prophetic to what is happening again. "We The Living", "Anthem". Some will never learn.

Blame anything but the Unions and the Mandates. I don't laugh at tragedy, Midcan.

Incompetence in high places breeds disaster. It is out of our hands. Pay your debts, prepare for what is coming.

Forum List

Back