Global Warming Claims More Victims

View attachment 297926

All the signs had to be removed because.. the glaciers are still there..... and GROWING!

Glacier National Park Quietly Removes Its ‘Gone by 2020’ Signs
Melting Glaciers - Glacier National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

In 1966, the park had 35 named glaciers large enough to be considered active. By 2015, only 26 named glaciers remained. The average area reduction was 39 percent, though some lost as much as 85 percent. This trend of glacier retreat is expected to continue as temperatures rise.
Nice link -FROM THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAD TO TAKE DOWN THEIR SIGNS. :21:

View attachment 297926

All the signs had to be removed because.. the glaciers are still there..... and GROWING!

In 1966, the park had 35 named glaciers large enough to be considered active. By 2015, only 26 named glaciers remained. The average area reduction was 39 percent, though some lost as much as 85 percent. This trend of glacier retreat is expected to continue as temperatures rise.

As usual you present a very short history, to make misleading conclusions. Lets try the entire interglacial period instead:

"At the Last Glacial Maximum (approximately 20,000 years ago), GNP was almost entirely encased in ice, with glaciers filling mountain valleys and extending onto the plains (Carrara, 1989). All but the tallest peaks were covered by glaciers. Geologic evidence suggests that by approximately 11,500 years ago, the GNP landscape was nearly ice free (Porter and others, 1983). Lake sediment records suggest that, since approximately 6,500 years ago, small glaciers have been present and active (Munroe and others, 2012).Comprehensive mapping of glacial moraines (fig. 3) indicates that there were 146 small mountain glaciers in GNP at the Little Ice Age glacial maximum near the mid-19th century (Fagre and Martin-Mikle, 2019). Since then, every glacier has decreased in area (Fagre and others, 2017). The rate of retreat, however, is not uniform across GNP glaciers, likely because of variations in glacier geometry, elevation, ice thickness, wind effects on snow, snow avalanches (fig. 4), and shading (Florentine and others, 2018)."

LINK
Wierd how much if it melted 50 years. Especially if it took 20,000 to get that size.

90% of the glaciers had melted before 1900.
What a liar you continue to be. No, most of the glacier had not melted by 1900;

Retreat of Glaciers in Glacier National Park

In Glacier National Park (GNP) some effects of climate change are strikingly clear. Glaciers are melting, and many glaciers have already disappeared. The rapid retreat of these small alpine glaciers reflects changes in recent climate as glaciers respond to altered temperature and precipitation. It has been estimated that there were approximately 150 glaciers present in 1850, around the end of the Little Ice Age and most glaciers were still present in 1910 when the park was established. In 2015, measurements of glacier area indicate that there were 26 remaining glaciers larger than 25 acres, the size criteria used by USGS researchers to define a glacier.
The Changing Ice Cap of Mars – NASA’s Mars Exploration Program

View attachment 297926

Wow, you're pretty thoroughly trigger over this.

View attachment 297926

You’re the moron screaming to gut the economy over the lie.

View attachment 297926

Yeah?

What don't you post a quote of me saying that?

View attachment 297926

Yeah?

Sorry, I had no idea you also think the green new deal is total BS.

Yeah?

Like most things, it has good and bad.

I'm certainly not advocating "gutting the economy" as you so hysterically accused me of.

Yeah?

I'm certainly not advocating "gutting the economy" as you so hysterically accused me of.
Name one good thing in the green new deal then.
I’ll wait.

Yeah?

I’ll wait.
As soon as you quote me advocating "gutting the economy".

Get busy Trigger.

Yeah?

I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
Yeah, I can’t find anything good about the green new deal either

Yeah?

I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
I'm still waiting.

I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
I'm still waiting.
Not my job to play your games. If you think me shoving an ice pick in your ear is better than a 9mm bullet, that’s between you and your psychiatrist.

I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
I'm still waiting.
Not my job to play your games. If you think me shoving an ice pick in your ear is better than a 9mm bullet, that’s between you and your psychiatrist.
No, Son. You've got this all backwards. I'm not playing your silly game of making false statements and refusing to back them up, then demanding I back up my assertions. You want me to play?

It's your fucking turn, Trigger.

I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
I'm still waiting.
No, Son. You've got this all backwards. I'm not playing your silly game of making false statements and refusing to back them up, then demanding I back up my assertions. You want me to play?

Your support of Leftards green new deal says it all.

How many of those glaciers even existed, and how large do you suppose those glaciers were prior to the onset of the little ice age....which the earth is still warming out of? Keep in mind that the present is the coolest period of the past 10,000 years with the exception of the little ice age.
20,000 years or more.

Read the link.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should check a different source...How about the USGS..

History of Glaciers in Glacier National Park

GISP2%20TemperatureSince10700%20BP%20with%20CO2%20from%20EPICA%20DomeC.gif

Right off the bat, they acknowledge that the glaciers have only been there about 7000 years and possibly a bit more...8000 years ago it was even cooler than it is today... They go on to acknowledge that since that time, the glaciers have grown and retreated over the years and reached their maximum size during the little ice age, which we are presently warming out of. It is pretty clear that what we are seeing is the retreat from the maximum size reached during the little ice age and that the glaciers were considerably smaller, or completely non existent during the earlier warm periods...

You are completely divorced from reality....that is what happens when you let people with a political agenda give you an opinion rather than developing your position from an investigation of the facts...

Not that I would expect for you to actually look up anything that might challenge what you believe, but there is some interesting glacial archaeology going on in glacier national park, as well as at the sites of other retreating glaciers...showing evidence of human and animal habituation, forests, etc...demonstrating that the glaciers are temporary features on the landscape and in many cases, weren't there at all not so long ago....

Last edited:
I’ll wait.

Get busy Trigger.
I'm still waiting.

Can you name anything good in the green new deal or not? I certainly didn't find anything good there...

View attachment 297926

As usual you present a very short history, to make misleading conclusions. Lets try the entire interglacial period instead:

"At the Last Glacial Maximum (approximately 20,000 years ago), GNP was almost entirely encased in ice, with glaciers filling mountain valleys and extending onto the plains (Carrara, 1989). All but the tallest peaks were covered by glaciers. Geologic evidence suggests that by approximately 11,500 years ago, the GNP landscape was nearly ice free (Porter and others, 1983). Lake sediment records suggest that, since approximately 6,500 years ago, small glaciers have been present and active (Munroe and others, 2012).Comprehensive mapping of glacial moraines (fig. 3) indicates that there were 146 small mountain glaciers in GNP at the Little Ice Age glacial maximum near the mid-19th century (Fagre and Martin-Mikle, 2019). Since then, every glacier has decreased in area (Fagre and others, 2017). The rate of retreat, however, is not uniform across GNP glaciers, likely because of variations in glacier geometry, elevation, ice thickness, wind effects on snow, snow avalanches (fig. 4), and shading (Florentine and others, 2018)."

LINK
Wierd how much if it melted 50 years. Especially if it took 20,000 to get that size.
but it's still there, right? how long? is it supposed to be there? give me the research that shows it should remain.

View attachment 297926

LINK

90% of the glaciers had melted before 1900.
What a liar you continue to be. No, most of the glacier had not melted by 1900;

Retreat of Glaciers in Glacier National Park

In Glacier National Park (GNP) some effects of climate change are strikingly clear. Glaciers are melting, and many glaciers have already disappeared. The rapid retreat of these small alpine glaciers reflects changes in recent climate as glaciers respond to altered temperature and precipitation. It has been estimated that there were approximately 150 glaciers present in 1850, around the end of the Little Ice Age and most glaciers were still present in 1910 when the park was established. In 2015, measurements of glacier area indicate that there were 26 remaining glaciers larger than 25 acres, the size criteria used by USGS researchers to define a glacier.
explain why we need Glaciers?

View attachment 297926

LINK

Glacier Bay Glacier receded over 6 miles in just 24 years.
1794-1916 Glacier Bay glacier receded over 60 miles as it melted despite being over a mile thick.
History and Geography of Glacier Bay National Park in Southeast Alaska

Forum List

Back