Global ranking of GDP per capita

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Global ranking of GDP per capita: Refer to
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia
////////////
Many, (I would suppose most) economists believe a greater GDP per capita indicates a comparatively higher standard of living. I'm unaware of any economist contending a lesser GDP per capita is not indicative of comparatively lower living standards.

[Within the discussion thread, "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP", a member responded with a link to:
Impacts of imports on US Economic Growth - Premium Assignment Help .

For yet unrevealed reasons, that discussion thread has been closed.]

Is it possibles that a trade policy that promotes USA's chronic great annual trade deficits, to also positively contribute to our nation's economic well being? It's illogical to contend USA's trade deficits, which reduce our annual GDPs more than otherwise, are net beneficial to our nation's economy.
What logical reason would lead to concluding if our nation would strive to produce less goods and service products, but rather increase our purchases of imports, that would be to our economic improvement? Respectfully, Supposn

////////////
Many, (I would suppose most) economists believe a greater GDP per capita indicates a comparatively higher standard of living. I'm unaware of any economist contending a lesser GDP per capita is not indicative of comparatively lower living standards.

[Within the discussion thread, "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP", a member responded with a link to:

Is it possibles that a trade policy that promotes USA's chronic great annual trade deficits, to also positively contribute to our nation's economic well being? It's illogical to contend USA's trade deficits, which reduce our annual GDPs more than otherwise, are net beneficial to our nation's economy.
What logical reason would lead to concluding if our nation would strive to produce less goods and service products, but rather increase our purchases of imports, that would be to our economic improvement? Respectfully, Supposn
who the hell closed that thread and why?

////////////

Time to move to Luxembourg :)

But that's self fulfilling since most economists would define standard of living in monetary terms.

The wellbeing budget is founded on the idea that financial prosperity alone is not a sufficient measure of the quality of life. Echoing a comment by Robert Kennedy in the 1960s, Grant Robertson noted the importance of looking beyond Gross Domestic Product as a measure of our wellbeing.

But that's self fulfilling since most economists would define standard of living in monetary terms.

The wellbeing budget is founded on the idea that financial prosperity alone is not a sufficient measure of the quality of life. Echoing a comment by Robert Kennedy in the 1960s, Grant Robertson noted the importance of looking beyond Gross Domestic Product as a measure of our wellbeing.
CNM, thank you for your input.
Wellbeing budget seems to me as probably being a worthy social and economic concept for gauging living standards. But there aren't yet sufficiently available credible and/or authoritative sources of comparative national ranking data regarding it. Respectfully, Suppposn

Trade deficits:
Individual persons or organizations choose to enter international transactions in expectation of gaining some comparative advantages; their expectations are generally realized. But what's to the advantage of individuals are not necessarily to their nation's net advantages.

Every annual trade deficit nation's expenditures of wealth exceeded the values of their populations' total annual production; (ie. they spent more than they produced).
This is a fact rather than an opinion. It's a fact known and accepted by communities of economists and statisticians throughout the world.
Nations' balance of international trade always contributed to surplus nations' and reduced trade deficit nations' gross domestic product, (GDP).
Respectfully, Supposn

Every annual trade deficit nation's expenditures of wealth exceeded the values of their populations' total annual production; (ie. they spent more than they produced).

I paid for my imports of foreign goods, out of the value of my production, in cash.
How did I reduce the GDP of the US?

I paid for my imports of foreign goods, out of the value of my production, in cash How did I reduce the GDP of the US?
Whining ToddsterPatriot, we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP".
Within that thread I provided the link to gross domestic product | Definition & Formula .

If you don't understand Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's balances of international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP, you may choose another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative. You again post disingenuously, (unless you are actually as ignorant as indicated by your posts).
Supposn

Whining ToddsterPatriot, we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP".
Within that thread I provided the link to gross domestic product | Definition & Formula .

If you don't understand Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's balances of international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP, you may choose another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative. You again post disingenuously, (unless you are actually as ignorant as indicated by your posts).
Supposn

If you can't explain in your own words, I understand.

I paid for my imports of foreign goods, out of the value of my production, in cash.

Whining ToddsterPatriot, you again post disingenuously, (unless you are actually as ignorant as indicated by your posts).
If you can't explain in your own words, I understand.

Whining ToddsterPatriot, you again post disingenuously, (unless you are actually as ignorant as indicated by your posts).
Supposn

Supposn

Once again, you run away without answering.

Is your name Robin?

1629120557067.png

Here's my $100. What's US GDP?

I buy a product from Germany for 100 dollars.

What's the newly calculated US GDP?

You can do it!!!! You're not as dumb as your previous math errors would indicate.......or are you?

Once again, you run away without answering. ...
Whining ToddsterPatriot, we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP". You didn't understand my or the Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP. You may choose and read another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative; but the concepts regarding this topic are apparently beyond your comprehension. Supposn

Whining ToddsterPatriot, we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP". You didn't understand my or the Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP. You may choose and read another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative; but the concepts regarding this topic are apparently beyond your comprehension. Supposn

So you'll be running away.....because of your lack of understanding.

Makes sense.

Wouldn't want you to make another huge math error.

So you'll be running away.....because of your lack of understanding.
Makes sense.
Wouldn't want you to make another huge math error.

1629212872628.png

I have this $100 in my hand.
I use it to buy a German import.
How do I impact US GDP by my actions?

I realize it's a simple example and you're nothing if not simplistic, so why are you running away,
instead of answering?

Don't run away, people will think you're a coward.

I realize it's a simple example and you're nothing if not simplistic, so why are you running away,
instead of answering? Don't run away, people will think you're a coward.
ToddsterPatriot, regardless of how often you post what's essentially your same question,my response will be:
"we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP". You didn't understand my or the Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP. You may choose and read another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative; but the concepts regarding this topic are apparently beyond your comprehension".
Supposn

ToddsterPatriot, regardless of how often you post what's essentially your same question,my response will be:
"we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP". You didn't understand my or the Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP. You may choose and read another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative; but the concepts regarding this topic are apparently beyond your comprehension".
Supposn

Don't cry......you can't explain how my actions impact US GDP.

I've come to terms with your fear/ignorance.

Don't cry......you can't explain how my actions impact US GDP.

I've come to terms with your fear/ignorance.
ToddsterPatriot, regardless of how often you post what's essentially your same question,my response will remain to be: "we last discussed national trade deficits within the thread "Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP". You didn't understand my or the Encyclopedia Britannica's explanation of nation's international trade balance's effects upon their nation's GDP. You may choose and read another source that you consider to be credible and authoritative; but the concepts regarding this topic are apparently beyond your comprehension".
Supposn

Forum List

Back