Global Cooling...

Geological processes are supposed to take millions of years to transpire. Not hundreds. That's how we know the climate is changing. The super cold winter in Europe is the same as we had just 5 years ago. But, its winter, it supposed to be cold. Saying we are experiencing global cooling because its cold in winter is ridiculous. Now, if its like that in July, you might have a point to make.

Saying we have global warming because it's summer is just as stupid. It's supposed to be hot in the summer. Furthermore, climate isn't a geological process.

True, that's why I usually don't mention temps. IMO, we're testing the buffering capacity of earth for CO2. While we may not know that capacity, we do know that buffering properties aren't infinite. Eventually, by interference with energy leaving earth and/or lowering oceanic pH, buffering capacity will be overcome, if the trend of rising CO2 continues. The main points of AGW research are "when" and "how bad", because "if" is a given.

Yes, by definition, there was a heat wave in Europe in 2003. But you will lie about anything to make a point, Bent.

What happened to the Global Warming heat wave of 2004?

2005?

2006?

2007?

2008?

Does global warming make it warmer?

should it have been warmer in 2004? bigger heat wave each successive year?

I think your theory has some major flaws
Uh, Crusader, the Depression began in 1929, Hoover was President. And the Hitler rose to power before FDR was in office, Tojo was on his way UP also. Some Americans admired Hitler for bringing ORDER to Germany. As for climate change, unusual cold is part of the process. Ignoring the warmer temps in some areas & severe cold in others doesn't change the reality. Here, THIRD winter with far fewer freezes than usual. Only four nights so far as opposed to the former average of ten.

Yes, by definition, there was a heat wave in Europe in 2003. But you will lie about anything to make a point, Bent.

2005?

2006?

2007?

2008?

The major flaw I see is, YOUR the one ignoring natural fluctuations. Just pointing out that it's a lie that "warmers" do that. The skeptics/deniers ignore them whenever they're inconvenient.

2005?

2006?

2007?

2008?

The major flaw I see is, YOUR the one ignoring natural fluctuations. Just pointing out that it's a lie that "warmers" do that. The skeptics/deniers ignore them whenever they're inconvenient.

Indeed.........but thankfully for the rest of us ( the majority I might add ) the public see's the AGW true believers as anti-science. And thats all that matters. Most people view Al Gore now as a bonified nutter.

2005?

2006?

2007?

2008?

Indeed.........but thankfully for the rest of us ( the majority I might add ) the public see's the AGW true believers as anti-science. And thats all that matters. Most people view Al Gore now as a bonified nutter.

If so, why did so many get caught by surprise in Europe, considering that "everybody" believes in Global Cooling these days?!?! :eusa_eh:

If so, why did so many get caught by surprise in Europe, considering that "everybody" believes in Global Cooling these days?!?! :eusa_eh:

Because European politicians are lying hosebags, just like American politicians.

Because European politicians are lying hosebags, just like American politicians.

But, but, but..., I thought nobody believed it anymore. If they don't, what were they doing listening to the politicians? You can't have it both ways!

But, but, but..., I thought nobody believed it anymore. If they don't, what were they doing listening to the politicians? You can't have it both ways!

You're losing traction everyday with your religion. Get over it.

Geological processes are supposed to take millions of years to transpire. Not hundreds. That's how we know the climate is changing. The super cold winter in Europe is the same as we had just 5 years ago. But, its winter, it supposed to be cold. Saying we are experiencing global cooling because its cold in winter is ridiculous. Now, if its like that in July, you might have a point to make.

Saying we have global warming because it's summer is just as stupid. It's supposed to be hot in the summer. Furthermore, climate isn't a geological process.

OK, Pattycake, we understand that you are an ignoramous. But, just so you can enter the conversation with a minimal amount of information, yes, climate is a geological process. The rise of the Himalayas has resulted in the rapid draw down of CO2 from the weathering of the rock. Same process happened in the Ordivician with the Appalachians.

And then there is the present configurations of the plates, which controls the ocean currents. Which, of course, have everything to do with climate. Geology and climate are intimately related. Weathering and biological processes have in the past drawn down the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere to the point where the oceans were frozen over almost to the equator. And the very rapid release of CO2 and CH4 in the past has created extinctions that have wiped out the majority of species living at the time.

The laws of physics care not one whit whether the rapid release of GHGs is from volcanic action or the actions of one specie of naked apes.

News of shocking death toll and whole regions shut off from the rest of the world by snow and closed roads and railways have dominated headlines from Eastern Europe in recent days. But even as officials struggle to respond to extreme temperatures, many people are forging ahead with daily life, fortified by years of experience and hot drinks.

Temperatures have hit 100-year lows in some parts of the region, nearing minus-25 degrees F., well below the usual level. The death toll across the region now tops 200 – roughly 30 in Poland, 22 in Romania, at least 10 in Bulgaria, and more than 160 in Ukraine, where many people reportedly froze to death on the streets. In Serbia, almost 12,000 people are said to be isolated, trapped in remote villages and farmsteads.

In Romania, trains and flights have been cancelled, and the border with Bulgaria was temporarily closed due to snow. The situation is serious enough for the government to deploy armored cars to rescue stranded motorists, and for the mayor of Bucharest to call for bakers to lay in stocks of bread in preparation for worsening conditions...

"I don't think I've ever experienced temperatures this cold, but it's almost added to the charm of the trip. But I'm amazed the country doesn't shut down – in England, everything would grind to a halt. Here everyone seems prepared," Mr. Bingham says...

Read More:
Eastern Europeans face record cold snap | Alaska Dispatch
Umm having difficulty with the concept of global?

Don't really care. If you want to talk "Religion", go to the proper board. :eusa_boohoo:

With your religion, it fits right in here. Get over it.

Simply saying it, doesn't make it so. If you're so on top of this, what happens to the IR that's absorbed by CO2 and then re-emited towards earth? I'll wait. :eusa_whistle:

You people can't prove that there is man made global warming....PERIOD!
What else is there to say?

Yup, it's all crashing & burning for them at this point. They will become more hysterical & shrill as they begin to understand their 'Global Warming' scam is over. It's what always happens when Cult fantasies don't work out. They wont be flying away on their Hale-Bopp spaceship. And that reality is gonna to sting em pretty badly. So expect much more bitter lashing out from them. It is what it is.

Yup, it's all crashing & burning for them at this point. They will become more hysterical & shrill as they begin to understand their 'Global Warming' scam is over. It's what always happens when Cult fantasies don't work out. They wont be flying away on their Hale-Bopp spaceship. And that reality is gonna to sting em pretty badly. So expect much more bitter lashing out from them. It is what it is.

:lol: A Libertarian is lecturing us on "cult fantasies"! Now I've heard it all. :lol:

LOL. Of course the fact that every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world states that AGW is real, and a clear and present threat makes AGW a cult, right?

You people are just about the most willfully ignorant asses I have ever communicated with. But, as the warming continues, your political ideology will pay for the lies and fabrications you have stated concering this issue.

LOL. Of course the fact that every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world states that AGW is real, and a clear and present threat makes AGW a cult, right?

You people are just about the most willfully ignorant asses I have ever communicated with. But, as the warming continues, your political ideology will pay for the lies and fabrications you have stated concering this issue.

Yep, they sure peddle the BS. That's for sure. It would sure be nice if they could actually point to a prediction that was actually accurate. So far we've got 30 years of maybes. Maybes don't cut it in science.

We have the never right, always wrong, roxie step up with his broken record canned post for us all. :lol:
The issue is dead except with the religious cultists such as yourself, roxie. You wrong....and you're the willful ignorant on the block. get over it.

Forum List

Back