Give citizens the same health care plan as Congress

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
There is one question, or idea, not being answered, or mentioned, in this whole health care reform initiative: Instead, constituents are randomly ranting stereotypical slogans and politicians are fumbling over words as if they have no idea of the subject matter.

Why are americans not being offered the same health care coverage as our elected legislators; that is, a health care program identical to that offered to members of congress, or members of state houses? In other words, in all the heated debates in congress and all the town hall meetings--across the nation--why are congress members not telling us about an idea they have to offer every US citizen the same health care coverage, or health insurance program that congress members have-- like the coverage that's treating Senator Kennedy's bout with brain tumors and repairing, our own, Senator Miluski's broken ankle?

Wouldn't superior health care like that, available to every citizen regardless of socioeconomic background, administered by private insurers, collected by one source and funded by one source, be the right and reasonable solution to our health care access woe's?

That is question No. 1; now, question No. 2: Why is the media (who by all rights serves as the "4th branch of government") not driving that idea home?

Baltimore Sun breaking news, sports, weather and traffic in Baltimore - baltimoresun.com

Last edited:
I am glad this debate is going on because now the public is being educated to how much they have been ripped off, and how much better the rest of the developed world does healthcare.

In the end we will all have a national health insurance option.

I think we're getting there.........why haven't the Repubs all given up theirs as a matter of good faith?

I am glad this debate is going on because now the public is being educated to how much they have been ripped off, and how much better the rest of the developed world does healthcare.

You're missing the point of this article.....your Demonrat Congressmen are themselves NOT going to participate in the same public option that they're pushing upon the people.......hmmm :eusa_think:.......can you explain WHY NOT?

I think we're getting there.........why haven't the Repubs all given up theirs as a matter of good faith?

Why haven't the Republicans attacked Medicare?

Republicans including Reagan have attacked Medicare since before its inception in 1965 during Johnson's so-called "Great Society" days...

However it is not politically feasible to attack Medicare today because that would just scare all the oldsters who must depend on it.....Medicare must be phased out over time....that is another issue....

Last edited:
why don't we (since they are our employees) make all gov pay part of insurance the way we do.

that's what a-hole promised in his campaign, the "same health care that I enjoy." well, hate to break it to you libtards but you've been had. :lol:

You're missing the point of this article.....your Demonrat Congressmen are themselves NOT going to participate in the same public option that they're pushing upon the people.......hmmm :eusa_think:.......can you explain WHY NOT?

AND THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA

Yeah i had to yell it.

I am an opponent of HR3200....but if they put in a stipulation that ALL congressional and presidential employees and elected officials had to participate in the "public/universal" insurance option I could see myself greatly reducing, if not eliminating, my opposition.

that's what a-hole promised in his campaign, the "same health care that I enjoy." well, hate to break it to you libtards but you've been had. :lol:

i don't recall saying give us free ins. i think it was (let me slow down) maakkkeee thhheem paaayyyy liiikkkeee weee dooooo.

Forum List

Back