Girls take to camp like fish to water

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is wonderful for young girls. It's like being a Girl Scout.

Thursday, December 25, 2014 | 09:43 p.m.
Last updated 0 minute ago

Girls take to camp like fish to water

By a Staff Reporter December 26, 2014
print_icon.jpg
Print
send2friend_icon.jpg
Send to Friend

432207_2.jpg
SHARJAH: The Sharjah Girl Guides (SGG), an exemplary chapter of the UAE Girl Guides, concluded its Future Leaders Camp with the participation of 50 girls on Thursday. Held at SGG’s premises in Al Badea, Sharjah from Dec 21 to 25, the camp was sponsored by Emirates Transport and organic food restaurant Musk.

“Camping is a fantastic way to introduce young girls to leadership. It teaches them how to be independent and self-sufficient, and how to work as part of a team,” said Shaikha Al Shamsi, Assistant Manager at SGG.

“It is also a fundamental activity in scouting, which is a non-profit movement that supports youths in their physical and mental development so that they may play constructive roles in society.”

Both Guides (girls aged 12 to 15) and Brownies (girls aged 7 to 11) participated in the Future Leaders Camp. The programme covered a variety of self-awareness activities and camping skills, showing the girls tomake a temporary shelter, build a tent, prepare food in an outdoor environment, and apply first aid. They then set up a campsite with the help of their team leaders.

Continue reading at:

gulftoday.ae Girls take to camp like fish to water?

It should be a great experience for them, Sally. It is always good to learn survival skills in the wilderness. You never know when you might need them. For them it would be x's 10.

When they grow up, will they have to wear a hijab like the lady on the right of the photo? :dunno:[/QU
True......it's good training for their future marriage. ...... :cool:

Actually, Sunni Man, it will give them the confidence to realize they can take care of themselves and opt out of an arranged marriage. Make their own decisions for their own life. Sounds like a plan to me.

When they grow up, will they have to wear a hijab like the lady on the right of the photo? :dunno:

No. They won't. Isn't that great news? One of the great benefits of Girl Scouting is the girls learn some new words. Like what it means to "Scout" and what it means to be "independent", "self-reliant"... "capable", "confident", "explore" ....... use your imagination for the rest!

Muslim girls possess all of the qualities you listed and much more.

But their primary function in life is to become a wife and a mother.

Which is the best role any woman can aspire. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Muslim girls possess all of the qualities you listed and much more.

But their primary function in life is to become a wife and a mother.

Which is the best role any woman can aspire. ..... :cool:

If they decide the want to wear hajib then I support their right to do so. If they decide they do not want to wear it, I support their right to decline the hajib. If they desire to become a wife and a mother, I support their right to do so. If they desire to remain unmarried and become an astronaut, I support their right to do so. If they desire to leave Islam and become a Born again Christian? I support their right to do so!

The message being, Sunni Man, it is their decision, not anyone else's. I do believe that becoming a wife and mother can be very rewarding. So long as it is not forced upon someone and it is their choice.

Wearing a Hijab should be a choice. But Islam, being a barbaric death cult that still lives in the dark ages, treats women like dogs and forces them to do things they don't want to do. :cool:

Wearing a Hijab should be a choice. But Islam, being a barbaric death cult that still lives in the dark ages, treats women like dogs and forces them to do things they don't want to do. :cool:

I agree. The women should all revolt and leave. Islam would become extinct within a few generations if all women decided to abandon ship. There is no future for women or anyone else in Islam - in my opinion.

Our mosque sponsors a Girl Scout Troop and a Boy Scout Troop.

All of the Girl Scouts wear the hijab once they reach puberty. (although many start younger) ..... :cool:
Phoenall is correct. It isn't required by your Koran. Do you know where it came from? The Roman Catholic Church. That is a fact. It began first in Iran. They saw the nuns dressed in the black with the black veil and white habits and that was their version of the "holy outfit". Today nuns do not wear the long black robes and habit and black veil. Their uniform has changed but the rules remain the same.

I saw some photos of the Iranian women from the 50's and 60's and they dressed so fashionably! Same for the muslim women and men in Afghanistan. Very stylish dresses, hair styles were lovely, the men dressed like westerners. No photos of men wearing white pajamas. No woman covered under a black sheet with a box in front of their face. It was quite shocking to see the shift to something that never was done before. Especially when there is no foundation for such dress requirements in their book.

( to be clear - there is no teaching in the bible for the way the Roman Catholic priests and nuns dress - according to the New Testament - neither is there any office of being a Pope, priest or nun, no such teaching of forbidding to marry or eating meat on Friday - it's all man made nonsense - so there's that too! - fair and balanced here..... )

Phoenall is correct. It isn't required by your Koran. Do you know where it came from? The Roman Catholic Church. That is a fact. It began first in Iran. They saw the nuns dressed in the black with the black veil and white habits and that was their version of the "holy outfit". Today nuns do not wear the long black robes and habit and black veil. Their uniform has changed but the rules remain the same.

I saw some photos of the Iranian women from the 50's and 60's and they dressed so fashionably! Same for the muslim women and men in Afghanistan. Very stylish dresses, hair styles were lovely, the men dressed like westerners. No photos of men wearing white pajamas. No woman covered under a black sheet with a box in front of their face. It was quite shocking to see the shift to something that never was done before. Especially when there is no foundation for such dress requirements in their book.
LOL..... you are soo full of crap that your eyes have turned dark brown. ...... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back