Girl Suspended for Cartwheels

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hobbit, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6800443

What the hell is wrong with school discipline policies. I keep hoping they'll add common sense, but it never happens.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
  3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    "....other children could get hurt trying to imitate Deidre...".

Now, we've come to the heart of the matter. Deidre is pursuing excellence, and excellence is not the agenda - equality is! It's not so much that someone could be hurt trying to imitate her; rather, rewarding talent, hard work, and individual achievement runs contrary to the education establishment's dedicated pursuit of mediocrity and sameness. What about the children who CAN'T do cartwheels? Think about their self-esteem! Sit down, Deidre. Shut up and be a good little drone.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    *** Heavy Sigh! ***

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    But students at some college(from another thread) can puton a play saying the wish the President death and that's o.k.

Suspended? She deserves jail time. Kart wheels have injured many,many children. :rolleyes:

6. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    In 20 years people are going to start complaining that we're a country of wimps.

In Schools;

No cartwheels (might get hurt), no tag (someone has to be it), no honor roll (makes the kids not on it feel bad), no telling fairy tails (to violent). Makes me wonder how I ever made it through my childhood doing all of these things.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Maybe if they play PC they will get in trouble for trying to be to equal and we will have come full circle.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Man, when I was in elementary school, I'd bloody myself playing sports and games EVERY WEEK, but not at the school, oh no. Those spazzes would freak. I did it in my neighborhood.

One of my larger scars I got at age seven and a cut that big would freak me out today (freaked my mom out something awful), but I didn't care. It didn't really hurt.

Oh, one hypocrisy is the whole "self esteem" thing. When I was in school, I had my self esteem lowered by bullies and jocks on a regular basis, but it was knowing I was in honors and on the honor roll that kept me going most of the time. Now, honor roll is gone, but teachers still take an "I didn't see it" stance on bullying.

9. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    My best friend Kelly could do one-handed cartwheels...I tried one once and my arm gave out...fell smack dab on my face on the playground blacktop...my mother could have killed me...school pictures were the very next day and I looked like I had been attacked by a rabid cat....lol. No one blamed Kelly...they blamed me for trying something I wasn't sure if I could do on the blacktop rather than the grass...duh!

It didn't destroy me, I laugh when I look at the picture now...and I could kick her ass at the 50m and 100m Butterfly on the highschool swim team...we all excel at something...

We are raising our children to be mediocre wussies....I'm petrified for what the future will bring...lol.

10. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hopefully Ah-Nold will step in and quash these Girlie-Men and their evil deeds!

Seriously, I'm sure he will, he understands the value of competition and athletics. These idiots at the L.A. school district need to be straightened out.

"Cartwheel Cops"... man, that's good, I'm glad that quote made it into the story.