Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

Still not a crime to tell someone to kill himself

Insofar as she has been convicted, in this case, you have been proven wrong...again.

Common law[edit]
In the common law of most English-speaking countries, there is no general duty to come to the rescue of another.[1] Generally, a person cannot be held liable for doing nothing while another person is in peril.[2][3]However, such a duty may arise in two situations:
  • A duty to rescue arises where a person creates a hazardous situation. If another person then falls into peril because of this hazardous situation, the creator of the hazard – who may not necessarily have been a negligent tortfeasor – has a duty to rescue the individual in peril.[4]
  • Such a duty may also arise where a "special relationship" exists. For example:
    • Parents have a duty to rescue their minor children. This duty also applies to those acting in loco parentis, such as schools or babysitters.[5]
    • Common carriers have a duty to rescue their patrons.[6]
    • Employers have an obligation to rescue employees, under an implied contract theory.[7]
    • In some U.S. jurisdictions, real property owners have a duty to rescue invitees but not trespassers from all reasonably foreseeable dangers on the property. Other jurisdictions, such as California, extend the duty to rescue to all persons who enter upon real property regardless whether they are classified as invitees, social guests or trespassers.[8]
    • Spouses have a duty to rescue each other in all U.S. jurisdictions.[9]
    • In the United States, as of 2009 ten states had laws on the books requiring that people at least notify law enforcement of and/or seek aid for strangers in peril under certain conditions: California,[10][11]Florida,[10][12][13] Hawaii,[10][14] Massachusetts,[10][15] Minnesota,[10][16] Ohio,[10][17] Rhode Island,[10][18]Vermont,[10][19] Washington,[10][20][21] and Wisconsin.[10][22] These laws are also referred to as Good Samaritan laws, despite their difference from laws of the same name that protect individuals who try to help another person.[1] These laws are rarely applied, and are generally ignored by citizens and lawmakers.[1]
Duty to rescue - Wikipedia

End of thread Skull Pilot.

completely irrelevant to the topic.

She was miles away and had no way to recuse this guy. For all she knew he was just whining that he was going to kill himself and she got sick of hearing it.

and I notice you didn't post a statute that says telling a person to kill himself is illegal
She had no way to call 911, or his parents, or at least try to talk him out of it? The judge ruled that because she had encouraged and pressured him to take his own life, she created a duty to care because she helped create and was involved in, the hazardous situation.

He called her and said he was going to kill himself

She did not create the situation he did
Read the emails. She actively involved herself in the planning and execution of his suicide. You're portraying it as she was just a passive recipient of the knowledge, but she was actively involved.

So maybe you can show me the statute that says telling a person to kill himself is a criminal act
I'm not claiming it is. I'm saying that her actions in texting and talking, wantonly and recklessly helped cause his death and that she failed to alert anyone of his death when she had a duty to do so. Those are components of involuntary manslaughter.

Telling someone on a high roof to jump is one thing. Picking out the building and deciding the time with them, encouraging them to jump and yelling at them when they don't is not the same thing.

Still not a crime to tell someone to kill himself

Insofar as she has been convicted, in this case, you have been proven wrong...again.

Common law[edit]
In the common law of most English-speaking countries, there is no general duty to come to the rescue of another.[1] Generally, a person cannot be held liable for doing nothing while another person is in peril.[2][3]However, such a duty may arise in two situations:
  • A duty to rescue arises where a person creates a hazardous situation. If another person then falls into peril because of this hazardous situation, the creator of the hazard – who may not necessarily have been a negligent tortfeasor – has a duty to rescue the individual in peril.[4]
  • Such a duty may also arise where a "special relationship" exists. For example:
    • Parents have a duty to rescue their minor children. This duty also applies to those acting in loco parentis, such as schools or babysitters.[5]
    • Common carriers have a duty to rescue their patrons.[6]
    • Employers have an obligation to rescue employees, under an implied contract theory.[7]
    • In some U.S. jurisdictions, real property owners have a duty to rescue invitees but not trespassers from all reasonably foreseeable dangers on the property. Other jurisdictions, such as California, extend the duty to rescue to all persons who enter upon real property regardless whether they are classified as invitees, social guests or trespassers.[8]
    • Spouses have a duty to rescue each other in all U.S. jurisdictions.[9]
    • In the United States, as of 2009 ten states had laws on the books requiring that people at least notify law enforcement of and/or seek aid for strangers in peril under certain conditions: California,[10][11]Florida,[10][12][13] Hawaii,[10][14] Massachusetts,[10][15] Minnesota,[10][16] Ohio,[10][17] Rhode Island,[10][18]Vermont,[10][19] Washington,[10][20][21] and Wisconsin.[10][22] These laws are also referred to as Good Samaritan laws, despite their difference from laws of the same name that protect individuals who try to help another person.[1] These laws are rarely applied, and are generally ignored by citizens and lawmakers.[1]
Duty to rescue - Wikipedia

End of thread Skull Pilot.

She was miles away and had no way to recuse this guy. For all she knew he was just whining that he was going to kill himself and she got sick of hearing it.

and I notice you didn't post a statute that says telling a person to kill himself is illegal
She had no way to call 911, or his parents, or at least try to talk him out of it? The judge ruled that because she had encouraged and pressured him to take his own life, she created a duty to care because she helped create and was involved in, the hazardous situation.

He called her and said he was going to kill himself

She did not create the situation he did
Read the emails. She actively involved herself in the planning and execution of his suicide. You're portraying it as she was just a passive recipient of the knowledge, but she was actively involved.

So maybe you can show me the statute that says telling a person to kill himself is a criminal act
I'm not claiming it is. I'm saying that her actions in texting and talking, wantonly and recklessly helped cause his death and that she failed to alert anyone of his death when she had a duty to do so. Those are components of involuntary manslaughter.

Telling someone on a high roof to jump is one thing. Picking out the building and deciding the time with them, encouraging them to jump and yelling at them when they don't is not the same thing.

I disagree

Suicide is a choice that only one person can make.

He kept telling her he wanted to kill himself she is not at fault that he did

Not surprised, to you, laws and facts are irrelevant to the topic.

8c8838c9-450a-4fe5-9fcb-d7e6d0f1a91b_zpshvbe4ldl.jpg

Not surprised, to you, laws and facts are irrelevant to the topic.

8c8838c9-450a-4fe5-9fcb-d7e6d0f1a91b_zpshvbe4ldl.jpg

Funny how the people with nothing relevant to say tell other people to shut up

Look, I am very pro-free speech. However, when you advise someone to kill themselves, that's where it goes out the window. While it may not be legally considered assisted suicide, it is certainly close to it. Now, how we go about handling online death threats as to whether someone is serious or joking, that is honestly hard.

Funny how the people with nothing relevant to say tell other people to shut up

Repeatedly I am forced to remind you of your inability to comprehend. Here again, no comprehension. Duhhhhh.

My comprehension is just fine I just don't think that the decision of this judge is a good one while you would agree with anything any person wearing a black robe says

Forum List

Back