Gingrich Is In

Newt's smart.

A friend of mine who has worked on both Wall Street and in DC worked for him. He says he's probably the most intellectually dynamic guy he'd ever met.

With the GOP throwing out intellectually limited people such as Bush and Palin, maybe having a smart guy who has ethical issues is better than a stand-up not-so-smart person.

Newt's smart.

A friend of mine who has worked on both Wall Street and in DC worked for him. He says he's probably the most intellectually dynamic guy he'd ever met.

With the GOP throwing out intellectually limited people such as Bush and Palin, maybe having a smart guy who has ethical issues is better than a stand-up not-so-smart person.
If he's so damned smart, how did he let the Clintoons and the DC press beat him down and run his ass out of town?

Gimmie an average intellect, who knows what they believe, why they believe it and with the guts to stand by their principles, over a "smart" double-dealer.

Well, if Sinatra and gautama are for Newt, then how can any of us not be too? I trust their judgement 100%.

You heard it here first!

Newt is running for president for 2012.

He will make a very formidable candidate.

You heard it here first...

Did you read this on his Facebook page? :lol:

I also heard that Johnny Quest is running for President in 2012.

You heard it here first.

:lol: gotta love it. but the sad fact is that i heard yesterday he's already raised about a million dollars. he's either going to use it for his own race or to fund other people.

If he's so damned smart, how did he let the Clintoons and the DC press beat him down and run his ass out of town?

Because they are smarter. Say what you want about Bill, but the boy knows how to play the game.
Bubba nonwithstanding, a really smart person would've been ready for the what came next and able to match wits with them....Especially from the challenges from within his own caucus.

Instead, Newtered was like a deer in the headlights.

Because they are smarter. Say what you want about Bill, but the boy knows how to play the game.
Bubba nonwithstanding, a really smart person would've been ready for the what came next and able to match wits with them....Especially from the challenges from within his own caucus.

Yeah, I think Newt is overstated too.

He was cunning and mean as hell and that is often interpreted as "intelligence" when in reality is just means that the person is an asshole.

I don't know if I would vote for another republican in a long time. I want something more like Ron Paul not Newt. The republican party doesn't see that things are changing in our favor in a very radical way and this will probably be their archiles heel this november which is their arrogance.

Newt is from these parts. His 2nd wife Marianne was in many of my classes at GSU.
Newt, the "family values" man.Divorced his 1st wife that had cancer. Pointing his finger at Slick Willie Boom all the while running around with his current wife while married to Marianne.
Great candidate.
Geezzzzzzz.

Newt's biggest problem, politically... is that he seems to believe that there's always a compromise. But when it comes to core principles, none is possible.

I don't have a problem with politicians finding middle ground on things that don't offend the Constitution or our philosophy of limited government... but Newt's not above putting politics ahead of principle, as we saw recently in his support of Dede Scozzafava.

You can't make the "R" more important than what it's supposed to stand for. If he hasn't learned that simple lesson in observation of the tea parties, and clearly he hasn't... he should save his cash and save all the rest of us our time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
On January 21, 1997, the House voted overwhelmingly (395 to 28) to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich for ethics violations dating back to September 1994. The house ordered Gingrich to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House's 208-year history it had disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.[16]
Eighty-four ethics charges, most of which were leveled by House Democratic Whip David Bonior, were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term, including claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes. Eighty-three of the 84 allegations were dropped.[17] Gingrich denied the charges over misuse of tax-exempt funds; however, he admitted to providing inaccurate statements during the probe over the college course and agreed to pay US$300,000 for the cost of the investigation.[18][19] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[20] The full committee panel did not reach a conclusion about whether Gingrich had violated federal tax law, instead they opted to leave it up to the IRS.[21]
In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[22]

By 1998, Gingrich had become a highly visible and polarizing figure in the public's eye, making him a target for Democratic congressional candidates across the nation. His approval rating was 45% in April 1998.[24]

Republicans lost 5 seats in the House in the 1998 midterm elections — the worst performance in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency. Polls showed that Gingrich and the Republican Party's attempt to remove President Clinton from office was widely unpopular among Americans.[25]

Gingrich suffered much of the blame for the election loss. Facing another rebellion in the Republican caucus, he announced on November 6 that he would not only stand down as Speaker, but would leave the House as well. He had been handily reelected to an 11th term in that election, but declined to take his seat. Commenting on his departure, Gingrich said, "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is."[26]
-wiki

G'Luck. He had to resign as Speaker, what makes anyone believe he could be President? Who knows.

Newt is running for president for 2012.

He will make a very formidable candidate.

You heard it here first...

Who will his running mate be?

Salamander McGee?

Does it really matter? I mean c'mon...we just elected JOE BIDEN for Christ's sake

The guy is a real genius....he forgot what "Avatar" was called.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL_zOyk44Mg]YouTube - Joe Biden Has No Idea What Avatar Is[/ame]

Yeah, I think Newt is overstated too.

He was cunning and mean as hell and that is often interpreted as "intelligence" when in reality is just means that the person is an asshole.

He knows how to talk politics without a teleprompter and not sound like a total bore.

Forum List

Back