Gibbs Sidesteps Social Security Question--Asked About Obamas ID from Connecticut.

First, Obama's father lived in Connecticutt.
Second, he could of got his SSN number while in Indonesia, with it being processed in Connecticutt.
Quit being an idiot Farmer Ted. If there was a criminal issue, I am sure sure the FBI, CIA, or SS department would have figured it out a long time ago. :cuckoo:

Obama Sr. attended Harvard in MA, graduated in 1965, and returned to Kenya. This article, puts Obama Sr. in Kenya from graduation to his decline and death. He did work for a US oil company in Kenya, then the Kenyan government, but he never lived in CT. In fact, after the assasination of Mboya in 1969, he was stripped of his passport.

Though Obama Had to Leave to Find Himself, It Is Hawaii That Made His Rise Possible.

Obama's father moved to Connecticutt when he left Hawaii. This is from Ancestory.com.
Ancestry of Barack Obama - Family Tree and Genealogy of Senator Obama

Second, he could of got his SSN number while in Indonesia, with it being processed in Connecticutt.
Quit being an idiot Farmer Ted. If there was a criminal issue, I am sure sure the FBI, CIA, or SS department would have figured it out a long time ago. :cuckoo:

Obama Sr. attended Harvard in MA, graduated in 1965, and returned to Kenya. This article, puts Obama Sr. in Kenya from graduation to his decline and death. He did work for a US oil company in Kenya, then the Kenyan government, but he never lived in CT. In fact, after the assasination of Mboya in 1969, he was stripped of his passport.

Though Obama Had to Leave to Find Himself, It Is Hawaii That Made His Rise Possible.

Obama's father moved to Connecticutt when he left Hawaii. This is from Ancestory.com.
Ancestry of Barack Obama - Family Tree and Genealogy of Senator Obama
Obama couldn't have gotten a Social Security card while his dad was in Kenya in the 70s. Also you have to have a valid mailing address in connecticutt. They did not have one in the 70s in Connecticutt.

Just what is Mr. Gibbs job? I thought is was to disseminate information and clarify issues for the President. I simple, the Obama's applies for their son's SSN while in Conneticut or Thailand and it was processed there would have been doing his job. The clown act was poor judgement on the part of someone who represents the President.

Just what is Mr. Gibbs job? I thought is was to disseminate information and clarify issues for the President. I simple, the Obama's applies for their son's SSN while in Conneticut or Thailand and it was processed there would have been doing his job. The clown act was poor judgement on the part of someone who represents the President.

Yeah, because I am CERTAIN Gibbs was prepared to answer idiotic questions from a loon reporter. Because, as we all know, there are no IMPORTANT things he needs to stay current on...

Now....you see? I had no idea his dad lived in Connecticut.

So that is a very valid answer.

Why didnt Gibbs simply answer the question? I mean, you did and yoiuy dont get paid to inform the public.

Gibbs used the question to mock someone who he does not like.

We pay him to do that crap?

Maybe because we have REAL issues in this country to focus our attention on?:eusa_eh:

The REAL issue: remove Obama from office ASAP.

The Social Security website confirms the first three numbers in his ID are reserved for applicants with Connecticut addresses, 040-049.

Employer Filing Instructions & Information - Social Security Number Allocations

Do it yourself. I did. Hell I even pulled up my selective service number by using my SS number. I didn't even know what mine was since it's been so long.
https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

President Obama’s Selective Service System registration, 61-1125539-1 was verified by entering his last name, date of birth: Aug. 4, 1961, and Social Security number 042-68-4425, a number issued in Connecticut between 1976 and 1979, which is when Obama was attending high school in Hawaii, to an individual born in 1890.

Damn, I would have to send a written request.

Question........How do we know for certain that this is Obamas SSN?

Yeah, because I am CERTAIN Gibbs was prepared to answer idiotic questions from a loon reporter. Because, as we all know, there are no IMPORTANT things he needs to stay current on...

Suppose a, "I don't know the answer", was out of the question. Instead Gibbs invited people skeptical of the President's background to be more untrusting.

Suppose a, "I don't know the answer", was out of the question. Instead Gibbs invited people skeptical of the President's background to be more untrusting.

Besides the kooks like you on Internet message boards, who really cares?

Besides the kooks like you on Internet message boards, who really cares?

Apparently you do, your posting. Very interesting that you support Gibbs in his childish behavior. Is that what Obama is preaching these days?

If there were a problem, it would have been dealt with back when he set up his first bank account and did his draft paperwork.

This kind of thing distracts from the bigger, more important issue. It makes all of us look like we are suffering ADD or something.

My memory is he was all over the place. Since his family was very mobile, there may have been a brief time he was in CT, they set up a bank account, and needed a social.

And there is always the possibility that someone in DC responsible for passing out the numbers goofed.

There are bigger issues. Like the fraud that was the Health care bill, the bad numbers used in justifying it, and Cap and Trade. Cap and trade is the bigger deal now. Focus on that.

Right now you look like something out of a gary larson cartoon.

Press Sec Gibbs was asked why Obama is using a Connecticut Social Security number when he never lived there. The Connecticut Social Security Number uncovered by private investigators, who, working independently, found that President Obama is using a Social Security number set aside for applicants in Connecticut, while there is no record he ever had a mailing address there. It matches the number on his Selective Service Card so it is apparently valid. Gibb did not answer. He responded to the question with a question, thus avoiding the question altogether. Something is not right with this situation and how did Obama end up with a SS number reserved for people in a state which he did not live in? This story is now on Politico and making airwaves.

POLITICO Forums:pOLITICO 44 Boxes: Birther in the briefing - POLITICO.com

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs confronted WorldNetDaily correspondent Lester Kinsolving in the White House briefing Thursday, challenging the reporter to say whether he believed President Obama is a U.S. citizen after questioning the authenticity of Obama's Social Security number.

In the last question of the day, Kinsolving asked Gibbs "why the president is using a Social Security Number reserved for Connecticut applicants"

read this:

Still seeking an explanation for Obama’s SSN / June 2, 2010 / Sonoran News

President Obama’s Selective Service System registration, 61-1125539-1 was verified by entering his last name, date of birth: Aug. 4, 1961, and Social Security number 042-68-4425, a number issued in Connecticut between 1976 and 1979, which is when Obama was attending high school in Hawaii, to an individual born in 1890.

This is the SSN he has used at least since he was a Senator.
The SSA neither issues Connecticut SSNs to Hawaiian residents nor does it ‘recycle’ dead people's SSNs.

gibbs, much like you, is an asshat.

If this doesn't got to the Conspiracy topic area, the MOD is being partisan.

If there were a problem, it would have been dealt with back when he set up his first bank account and did his draft paperwork.

This kind of thing distracts from the bigger, more important issue. It makes all of us look like we are suffering ADD or something.

My memory is he was all over the place. Since his family was very mobile, there may have been a brief time he was in CT, they set up a bank account, and needed a social.

And there is always the possibility that someone in DC responsible for passing out the numbers goofed.

There are bigger issues. Like the fraud that was the Health care bill, the bad numbers used in justifying it, and Cap and Trade. Cap and trade is the bigger deal now. Focus on that.

Right now you look like something out of a gary larson cartoon.

And this guy/girl is NO Obama supporter!

I am confused why anyone would not frown on a press secretary not only NOT answering a question, but using it to mock a reporter or columnist.
Just becuase some of you dont care for an answer, doesnt mean other Americans do not care about the answer.
It was a valid question. It has a valid answer, but lets be real, if a politician has a SS number that does not match his state, it is worthy asking in light of tax issues many of our politicians seem to have.

Now....you see? I had no idea his dad lived in Connecticut.

So that is a very valid answer.

Why didnt Gibbs simply answer the question? I mean, you did and yoiuy dont get paid to inform the public.

Gibbs used the question to mock someone who he does not like.

We pay him to do that crap?

It's my understanding that the social security number is issued based off of where the request comes from.

Gibbs is a moron

Press Sec Gibbs was asked why Obama is using a Connecticut Social Security number when he never lived there. The Connecticut Social Security Number uncovered by private investigators, who, working independently, found that President Obama is using a Social Security number set aside for applicants in Connecticut, while there is no record he ever had a mailing address there. It matches the number on his Selective Service Card so it is apparently valid. Gibb did not answer. He responded to the question with a question, thus avoiding the question altogether. Something is not right with this situation and how did Obama end up with a SS number reserved for people in a state which he did not live in? This story is now on Politico and making airwaves.

POLITICO Forums:pOLITICO 44 Boxes: Birther in the briefing - POLITICO.com

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs confronted WorldNetDaily correspondent Lester Kinsolving in the White House briefing Thursday, challenging the reporter to say whether he believed President Obama is a U.S. citizen after questioning the authenticity of Obama's Social Security number.

In the last question of the day, Kinsolving asked Gibbs "why the president is using a Social Security Number reserved for Connecticut applicants"

read this:

Still seeking an explanation for Obama’s SSN / June 2, 2010 / Sonoran News

This is the SSN he has used at least since he was a Senator.
The SSA neither issues Connecticut SSNs to Hawaiian residents nor does it ‘recycle’ dead people's SSNs.

This idiotic topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread already: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-birth-document-requests-12.html#post2313392

It should have been a simply matter for Gibbs to either answer the question directly or give an "I don't know the answer to that question, but let me get back to you on that," but if he did answer this way I'm certain his reply would have been taken as him merely stalling. For, I can assure you that the very next time the question came up and Gibbs did give a relevant answer suddenly his response would have been viewed as "he had to go brainstorm w/the President and come up with an excuse."

Granted, if the man was caught off guard with the question and really didn't know the answer to it, IMO, it would have been fine for him to reply as illustrated above. At worse, it makes him look uninformed; at best he's being honest. Frankly, I can understand why Gibbs answered the way he did. He's had to fend off questions concerning the President's birth for so long, he's tired of dealing with the matter. Can't say I blame him, but it's his job.

I've done alot or research on Pres. Obama's background and this is the second time I've come across the fact that Obama Sr did, in fact, attend school in CT. But it was so long ago that I came upon this obscure piece of information I totally forgot about it until reading the Ancestry information.

Obama Jr may never have lived in CT, but it's not unusual for the parents to apply for a SSN for their child in places where they may or may not have resided. Fact is, the law has changed somewhat since 1973 when before then a newborn child wasn't issued a SSN at birth and the parent(s) could apply for a SSN from pretty much any state they choose. If memory serves me correctly, early in Jr's birth his mother literally tried to "follow" Sr across the country. She even stopped in Seattle, WA for a time travelling w/her son. Truth is, we really don't know all the details about Jr.s movements or that of his mother between the time of his birth until Ann Durham remarried and moved her son to Indonesia w/her new husband, Mr. Soetoro when Jr was 6 yrs old. Still, you can't blame the child for the parent's actions.

My daughter was born in CO, lived in CA, IN, VA, MN & AL before settling back in IN. Her SSN is from CO, however, where she was born. My son's SSN is from IN, but his travels were like his sister's before him. Why? Because of the circumstances of my military service. But on the surface, I'm sure there would be questions about my children's SSNs if no one knew they were military brats.

Point is there's usually a logical explaination about things like this.

Last edited:
If this doesn't got to the Conspiracy topic area, the MOD is being partisan.

gibbs, much like you, is an asshat.

Lot of them around lately.

I'm opting we spring for some new hats soon.

Until then, maybe this will work....

beer-ugly12.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back