Ghost Guns

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
From New York Daily News 14 November 2016:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Companies that make kits that allow buyers to assemble military-style, semiautomatic rifles at home have sprung up in recent years in Florida, alarming some in law enforcement.

These so-called “ghost gun” kits have become popular with firearms rights activists because the parts have no serial number or other markings, making them untraceable. Ghost guns can be purchased online from thousands of websites without a background check.

article

Companies that make kits that allow buyers to assemble military-style, semiautomatic rifles at home have sprung up in recent years in Florida, alarming some in law enforcement.

These so-called “ghost gun” kits have become popular with firearms rights activists because the parts have no serial number or other markings, making them untraceable. Ghost guns can be purchased online from thousands of websites without a background check.

article

So.....gun crime is not stopped by gun serial numbers....they aren't solved by them either. You stop gun crime by locking up violent criminals, you solve gun crime with standard police techniques......

article

So.....gun crime is not stopped by gun serial numbers....they aren't solved by them either. You stop gun crime by locking up violent criminals, you solve gun crime with standard police techniques......
Sounds like a plan...

article
SO much ignorance.
This is an upper receiver/parts kit.
It requires a lower receiver. The lower receiver has a S/N and is transferred just like any other gun.

article
What is your point ??

That gun control somehow works ??

Have you check the crime stats in high gun control states lately ??

Gun control is self defeating.

If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

If you trace guns only outlaws will have untraceable guns.

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy who has a better gun and is a better shot.

God did not make all men equal -- Samuel Colt and John Browning did.

What I find most fascinating are the kits that let you convert your semi auto to fully auto.

Personally I believe that fully auto is a waste of ammo -- I am really old school -- semi auto repeating only.

But a lot of boyz like the spraying effect of the full auto's.

They better carry a lot of ammo with them though because they will run out fast and then they will be SOL.

My own philosophy of shooting which I was taught is: one bullet one dead man.

The modern version of this is: one shot one kill.

My version is older though.

What I find most fascinating are the kits that let you convert your semi auto to fully auto.

Personally I believe that fully auto is a waste of ammo -- I am really old school -- semi auto repeating only.

But a lot of boyz like the spraying effect of the full auto's.

They better carry a lot of ammo with them though because they will run out fast and then they will be SOL.

My own philosophy of shooting which I was taught is: one bullet one dead man.

The modern version of this is: one shot one kill.

My version is older though.
--------------------------------------------- just having the parts to convert a semi auto ar15 to full auto is illegal and is a felony . Sure , there are arrangements like bumpstocks or whatever they are called but NO actual machine guns except for machine guns made before 1984 [thanks r.reagan] . And those are only sold or traded in Class 3 states Yios .

Forum List

Back