Get rid of Social Security now?

About the whining in the OP ------

Appreciate your concern in the OP -- but the reality is that Obama/Reid/Pelosi are STEALING from the Soc Sec premiums RIGHT NOW !!! Since there is no Surplus to boost -- the DEMS have figured out how valuable it is to excuse all workers from paying into the fund. Right at a time when the program has gone NEGATIVE -- years ahead of schedule.. Great Job Dems !!!

THIS is the reason why future generations need CHOICES in how the govt forces them to save for retirement. And THAT's the issue. Not killing it. The time to do this was back when the Reps proposed using the SURPLUS for funding a minor effort to defer FUTURE COSTS in exchange for private accounts. Now there IS no more surplus to use (it's been boosted).

One option is to stop pretending it's a UNIVERSAL program and everyone wants it and needs it. Turn it into just another welfare entitlement. Let me out and I'd gladly contribute. But INCREASING THE caps and means testing will pretty much end ANY TRUST the American people for UNIVERSAL anything. Good luck selling MORE Universal programs after you allow this to revert to welfare..

Last edited:
when you drown something you kill it

He didn't say he was going to drown it in a bath tub did he?

No he said he wants it small enough to be able to drown it in a bathtub.

Don't you understand the language?

to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.

the military as well or just social justice?

The Republicans will not be content until they rid the nation of Social Security. This battle could go on for years, and for years the aged will live in fear.
Would it be in the best interests of America to elect Republicans in the next election. The Republicans will drop the Social Security and other social programs. Once the loss of Social Security is felt Americans will then rid the nation of Republicans. It might take years for the entire cleansing but the new Social Security program might then be secure for a long time to come.

When do democrats like you plan to put the money back into SS.

Democrats placed this money in the general fund to spend...

Pu it back asshole........
democrats and republicans alike spent the SS surplus on their pork.
Andone who does not see this is a partisan hack ignoramous.

I'll make the government a deal: replace the "assets" in my Social security account with stock in Berkshire Hathaway and I will forego any additional payments after I retire, just give me ownership of those assets and that concludes our financial arrangement.

Deal?

I'll make the government a deal: replace the "assets" in my Social security account with stock in Berkshire Hathaway and I will forego any additional payments after I retire, just give me ownership of those assets and that concludes our financial arrangement.

Deal?

Of course not... You holding onto your own assets is in direct conflict of their ideology that insists your assets should be divided accordingly. :lol:

The Republicans will not be content until they rid the nation of Social Security. This battle could go on for years, and for years the aged will live in fear.
Would it be in the best interests of America to elect Republicans in the next election. The Republicans will drop the Social Security and other social programs. Once the loss of Social Security is felt Americans will then rid the nation of Republicans. It might take years for the entire cleansing but the new Social Security program might then be secure for a long time to come.

Yes they both have spent it.

But it was only one party that put it there. The same party that created the marriage penalty. A democrat majority...............

Now again both parties have spent it because DEMOCRATS made it law.

Got it now?

One more reason not to trust any scum sucking motherfucking politicians

Link?

No they won't you slanderous fuckhead! That isn't even on the table. Transformation to the Chilean model (which is rapidly becoming the most adopted and successful model in the world) is what many conservatives like me desire, but that will never be a reality. The GOP will never drop SS and it would be a losing battle for anyone who tried to get rid of it!

Your a fool.

Neg
Since most murkins suffer the effects of No Chillunz B gidn Leff Behine and think Chile is where pepperz come from.
I'll toss this up that way.
Chile's Social Security Lesson For The U.S. | José Piñera | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

No they won't you slanderous fuckhead! That isn't even on the table. Transformation to the Chilean model (which is rapidly becoming the most adopted and successful model in the world) is what many conservatives like me desire, but that will never be a reality. The GOP will never drop SS and it would be a losing battle for anyone who tried to get rid of it!

Your a fool.

Neg
Since most murkins suffer the effects of No Chillunz B gidn Leff Behine and think Chile is where pepperz come from.
I'll toss this up that way.
Chile's Social Security Lesson For The U.S. | José Piñera | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

That's the example we pointed to when da Boooooooooooooooooooooosh wanted to partially privatize Social security

when you drown something you kill it

He didn't say he was going to drown it in a bath tub did he?

No he said he wants it small enough to be able to drown it in a bathtub.

to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.

the military as well or just social justice?

Lame progressivese

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...rewed-generation-is-turning-to-paul-ryan.html

The younger generation will pull for Paul Ryan when they realize they will become the oxen in the field responsible for carrying the elderly in their bloated government programs.

I was up late the other night and all you saw were infomercials for medical crap where the announcer stated...."Medicare will pay for it all....just see your doctor." This wasn't for life threatening stuff.

Young people are catching on.

Granny says dat's why she needs `em to send her dat 2nd stimulus check...
:eusa_eh:
Social Security COLA less than 2 percent
Oct. 9 (UPI) -- A think-tank in Massachusetts said Social Security benefits will rise between 1.5 percent and 1.7 percent in 2013.
The Labor Department is scheduled to release figures on September's inflation rate in mid-October and that is the last of 12 monthly inflation estimates that are used to calculate the cost of living adjustment for Social Security recipients, CNNMoney reported Tuesday. The increase will be about half of the 3.6 percent increase of 2012, said the American Institute for Economic Research

The cost of living calculation, however, is based on purchases that are not particularly typical of the elderly, who are the recipients of Social Security. The price of motor-grade gasoline rose 2 percent, while medical care costs have jumped 4.1 percent. The costs of every day household goods also rose 2 percent over the past 12 months, the think-tank estimated.

With purchases made by seniors leaning more towards items that have faster price inflation, the increase in benefits is leaving seniors slightly behind, AIER said. "They're falling behind by about a half a percentage point a year or so. It's not a huge amount, but over time that adds up," said AIER director of research and education Steven Cunningham.

Read more: Social Security COLA less than 2 percent - UPI.com

"leaving seniors SLIGHTLY behind"????? Cost of gasoline up 2%??? What planet is that think tank located on????

Here is one of the problems with centrally directed crap like this and min wage. The govt has the unique ability to IGNORE REALITY and impose it's will...

Nah, we use SS and abortion as scare tactics.

We won't let them go away.

Last edited:
I predict government will nationalize our IRA and 401k retirement accounts because the country will be so friggin broke they will have no choice.They will confiscate all our retirement accounts and will pay us what they feel is enough for us to live on month by month.

And I'm sure the Democrat party will not have a problem with this.

I predict government will nationalize our IRA and 401k retirement accounts because the country will be so friggin broke they will have no choice.They will confiscate all our retirement accounts and will pay us what they feel is enough for us to live on month by month.

And I'm sure the Democrat party will not have a problem with this.

As it is now your IRA, 401 etc belong to the fucking government already.

The government tells you when you can use the money, how much you have to take out every year and penalizes you if you don't listen

That is bullshit and yo know it! Rather we DEMAND and more solvent system, which is raided by the politicians and glup actually pays decent wages at retirement.

Most SMART conservatives are looking South of the Border for idea, WELL SOUTH OF THE BORDER, to Chile!!! The Chilean model survived the test of time and is being exported! It has made Chile (not Brazil) the most success and first 1st world nation in the Latin American world.

Chilean Model of Social Security | FreedomWorks
For those who were already paying into the public system, they were given a choice to stay public or to enter the private system. The major cost created by the transition is the money Chile loses from the people switching to the private system. The cost was financed by the selling of state-owned enterprises that would provide for those who stayed on the public pension system. Due to the success of the privatization, around 93 percent Chilean workers switched to the new program. The public pension program will be completely eliminated the day the last person in the system passes away.

The system has had immensely positive effects:

• It generated surpluses without raising taxes, inflation, or interest rates
• Old-age pensions are 40-50 percent higher than the public pension system
• Disability and survivor pensions are 70-100 percent higher than the public pension system
• Significant decreases in the payroll tax have contributed to an unemployment rate below 5%
• Savings rates have sky rocketed and have deepened investment
• Growth rates have more than doubled in the past 10 years

All speculation.

But you keep trying.

Are you afraid of something ?

Forum List

Back