get out your wallet, screwed by environmentalism

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Starting next year, the plan is, all furnaces will be sold with ECM motors. These are motors that convert 120v to 3 phase DC power, and the rotor floats in a magnetic field. The efficiency will be great for the power company, but it will cost you 3 times more to replace.
Due to poor reliability, my company does not install units with these motors.
There's been long standing issues in the trade with improperly sized ducts.
now, any airflow issues will cause the motor to burn out, including forgetting to change the filter

Good info. Fortunately, just installed a brand new unit with an old fashioned squirrel cage blower motor.

Starting next year, the plan is, all furnaces will be sold with ECM motors. These are motors that convert 120v to 3 phase DC power, and the rotor floats in a magnetic field. The efficiency will be great for the power company, but it will cost you 3 times more to replace.
now, any airflow issues will cause the motor to burn out, including forgetting to change the filter

So basically, the environmentalists are undoing what Tesla solved years ago which was the whole problem with DC motors to begin with! And for what, a savings of 0.000001% of the nations power consumption?

I have one more furnace I have to replace. The rest of mine are 50 to 10 years old.

The thing is dopes don't realize what all this "green" is actually costing them. I know this being in the transportation industry. My employer doesn't absorb the tens of thousands of dollars in costs mandated by the federal government for green. He passes that to our customers, and our customers manufacture products they sell to us in the store.

Mooocheele had her husband create a law that all items sold in restaurants have to have a calorie count on the menus. While that didn't make one fat person skinny, I would like to see Trump use the same idea for global warming.

What he should mandate is that all items sold in the store have to have a "green" cost to them. Let consumers know how much more a product costs them to make it cleaner. For instance, when you buy a car, the sticker should have a $7,000 green cost advertisement. Or if you buy a lawnmower, it should show that $40.00 of that money you are paying for the lawnmower went to make it greener.

Maybe if people started to see what global warming is costing them in actual dollars and cents, they wouldn't be so supportive of new costly measures to make the country greener.

Forum List

Back