Gerry Conlon - a case against the death penalty

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
1655833449183.png

Gerry Conlon died 8 years ago today. He spent quarter of his life in prison for something he didn't do. You mat remember Daniel Day Lewis playing him in the film. - In the Name of the Father.
With a death penalty he would have been executed on the strength of evidence from a corrupt police force and tory government.

Remember Gerry when you call for the death penalty. It could be you next.

Remember Gerry when you call for the death penalty. It could be you next
There are many similar cases. I’m fine with that, as long as we get all the guilty folks who should die too (which we don’t).

If I place myself in a position to be able to be arrested, tried, and convicted of a capital crime, I’ve screwed up majorly and probably deserve to die.

There are many similar cases. I’m fine with that, as long as we get all the guilty folks who should die too (which we don’t).

If I place myself in a position to be able to be arrested, tried, and convicted of a capital crime, I’ve screwed up majorly and probably deserve to die.
Gerry was Irish and sleeping rough. That was his crime. His problem was being in London with a corrupt police force.

View attachment 660507
Gerry Conlon died 8 years ago today. He spent quarter of his life in prison for something he didn't do. You mat remember Daniel Day Lewis playing him in the film. - In the Name of the Father.
With a death penalty he would have been executed on the strength of evidence from a corrupt police force and tory government.

And yet the people who claim to be horrified by the death penalty are most often passionate advocates of killing unborn babies. I guess it's all a matter of timing when it comes to executions.

And yet the people who claim to be horrified by the death penalty are most often passionate advocates of killing unborn babies. I guess it's all a matter of timing when it comes to executions.
Exactly....very confused in their own minds.

View attachment 660507

I vaguely remembered about Conlon till seeing the movie. Gerry was a miscarriage of justice victim. At least he was able to die at home.

View attachment 660507

You pussy Europtrash are all to chickenshit to execute your murderers. You little pussies put the murderers up college dormitory type prisons and try to rehabilitate them.

This is what happens when you have countries that have been at war for most the last 2,000 years and all of your warrior breeding stock have been killed and all you have left are the pussy breeding stock.

You pussy Europtrash are all to chickenshit to execute your murderers. You little pussies put the murderers up college dormitory type prisons and try to rehabilitate them.

This is what happens when you have countries that have been at war for most the last 2,000 years and all of your warrior breeding stock have been killed and all you have left are the pussy breeding stock.
Who did Gerry Conlon murder ?

Its a valid point. You can't discriminate between types of executions you prefer and dont [sic] prefer.

I happily will.

I have no problem with a serious criminal being put to death, after being properly tried, convicted and sentences through due process of law.

But I am absolutely opposed to the execution of an innocent and defenseless child, who has never had an opportunity to commit any crime, and has not been afforded even a vestige of due process.

One has to be pretty fucked up as an imitation of a human being, to support putting an innocent child to death, while at the same time being opposed to putting the worst of convicted criminals to death.

I happily will.

I have no problem with a serious criminal being put to death, after being properly tried, convicted and sentences through due process of law.

But I am absolutely opposed to the execution of an innocent and defenseless child, who has never had an opportunity to commit any crime, and has not been afforded even a vestige of due process.

One has to be pretty fucked up as an imitation of a human being, to support putting an innocent child to death, while at the same time being opposed to putting the worst of convicted criminals to death.
Gerry Conlon was trid and convicted of the Guildford pub bombing which killed 5 people.
However he was innocent. You would have seen him hung.

The death penalty has killed many people who were innocent. Why dont you acknowledge that ?

Gerry Conlon was trid and convicted of the Guildford pub bombing which killed 5 people.
However he was innocent. You would have seen him hung.

The death penalty has killed many people who were innocent. Why dont you acknowledge that ?
Thats not a problem with the institution of execution, those are problems with the process of gaining a conviction.

Forum List

Back