Germany to Ban Burqa as Part of Security Crackdown

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
About time. But the statement about police being better armed with 'batons and bodycams' is a bit perplexing.

Germany to BAN the burka as part of security crackdown after terror attacks
GERMANY is set to introduce a burka ban as part of a raft of new security measures.
By SIMON OSBORNE
PUBLISHED: 05:55, Thu, Aug 11, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:00, Thu, Aug 11, 2016

Munich-698758.jpg
GETTY

German Interior minister Thomas de Maizière is set to ban the burka
Interior minister Thomas de Maizière is preparing to unveil wide-ranging legislative reforms in response to the spate of terror attacks that rocked Germany last month.

A ban on full-face veils worn by some Muslim women, similar to the "ban on face covering” in France, will feature in the package of measures called Increased Security for Germany.

Jens Spahn, a member of Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Party MP, is backing the burka ban.

He told Die Welt newspaper: "A ban on the full veil - the niqab and the burka - is overdue and would be a signal to the world.

“I don’t want to encounter a burka in this country. In that sense I am burkaphobic.”

de Maizière's new laws will also make it easier for the authorities to deport foreign criminals.

Those ordered to leave will be dealt with more quickly and there will be an end to the right to stay for people refusing to be deported or intentionally delaying their removal.

The financing of mosques by extremist organisations will become illegal and non-German "hate preachers" will face immediate deportation.

Munich-619265.jpg
GETTY

Muslim women in Munich
Germans who are fighting for a terrorist organisation and have at least one other nationality will have their German citizenship revoked.

Mr de Maizière's Increased Security for Germany measures will also see an additional 15,000 police officers recruited by 2020.

More CCTV cameras will be installed in public spaces and traffic junctions and police will be better armed with batons and body cams.

In his report to MPs, Mr Maizière's will say: "In face of the attack in Wuerzburg we need more police presence in trains, train stations and airports."

Germany to BAN the burka as part of security crackdown after terror attacks

One problem with that is: the wealthy totally covered Saudi women who come to Germany for medical treatment. What is to be done with them? They are visitors, not residents.

LOL.

De Maiziere just said that he does not like Burqas, but that this is not a reason to ban them.

So germany is not set to ban burqas, which is a stupid idea to begin with. no wonder you USMB scum like it.

LOL.

De Maiziere just said that he does not like Burqas, but that this is not a reason to ban them.

So germany is not set to ban burqas, which is a stupid idea to begin with. no wonder you USMB scum like it.
Its discussed and the outcome is unclear, as far as I know. I know people like you consider the veil a symbol of freedom and emancipation of the woman but I also know people like you could not be farther away from reality.

Last edited:
LOL.

Its discussed and the outcome is unclear, as far as I know. I know people like you consider the veil a symbol of freedom and emancipation of the woman but I also know people like you could not be farther away from reality.
You have no idea what i think of burqas or veils, my little retarded conspiracy nutter.

LOL.

You have no idea what i think of burqas or veils, my little retarded conspiracy nutter.
Apparently I do.

If he thinks that any of this will stop Germany from eventually becoming an Islamic nation, he is mistaken.

One problem with that is: the wealthy totally covered Saudi women who come to Germany for medical treatment. What is to be done with them? They are visitors, not residents.

Can you wear a mask all day when you travel to other countries?

Wonder which countries would let you wear the Guy Fawkes mask everywhere and never make you take it off.

In the UK it is illegal to cover your face, unless you are a muslim. Many shops demand that you remove any face coverings like a motorcycle crash helmet before they will allow you to enter, unless you are a muslim. This makes it RACISM to ask the indigenous non muslims to stick to the law when muslims can refuse

In the UK it is illegal to cover your face, unless you are a muslim. Many shops demand that you remove any face coverings like a motorcycle crash helmet before they will allow you to enter, unless you are a muslim. This makes it RACISM to ask the indigenous non muslims to stick to the law when muslims can refuse

They're handled with kid gloves at American immigration.

If the Germans think that is in their best interest they should do what they think appropriate.

Also, I think getting the Germans into a fighting mood isn't a good idea for anyone.

Forum List

Back