Georgia To Execute An Innocent Man?

No extremist is good, especially the fundies who support teaching religious myth as science or tell someone what they can and can't do with their bodies. According to science, only about 10% of all fertalized eggs actually succeed in taking root, by your thinking all women are mass murderers already.

Way to try and derail a thread.

I agree. But you left out especially fundies who support teaching scientific myth as science. According to FACT, scientific theories of origin are a "mythical" as religious ones.

Abortion laws don't cover just what you can and cannot do to your body. They primarily cover what you can and cannot do to the bodies of unborn human beings.

But you're no extremist, right? Or did I misread your thread in the Introduction forum?

That aside, the jury did convict him, though I don't think the death penalty is a viable solution after the number of innocent people who were put to death in Texas and other states, if guilty he deserves the appropriate punishment, no argument.

The number of people put to death in Texas and other states is irrelevant to whether or not the death penalty is a viable solution. Nonsensical reasoning.

IMO, there is not enough evidence to support this man's execution. If the price is one's life, there should be absolutely NO doubt about guilt.

Way to try and derail a thread.

I agree. But you left out especially fundies who support teaching scientific myth as science. According to FACT, scientific theories of origin are a "mythical" as religious ones.

Abortion laws don't cover just what you can and cannot do to your body. They primarily cover what you can and cannot do to the bodies of unborn human beings.

But you're no extremist, right? Or did I misread your thread in the Introduction forum?

The number of people put to death in Texas and other states is irrelevant to whether or not the death penalty is a viable solution. Nonsensical reasoning.

IMO, there is not enough evidence to support this man's execution. If the price is one's life, there should be absolutely NO doubt about guilt.

Catch up ...mmmkay?

I'm caught up. I stopped right at stupid, quoted it and responded. When somebody dies and puts you in charge of who can respond to what on this board, let me know. Otherwise, piss off.

And I DO mean that in the nicest possible way.

Well, I said that mostly because I already explained my position on the whole abortion issue. However, since you won't read it now here it is again:

By taking the rights of one individual to enforce the rights of another we are in essence also taking on the responsibility of making the moral choices for the previous individual. That being the case, regardless of how the law is stated or who's side it falls on we are taking on the guilt associated with an incorrect decision. Better to allow them to live with the choice and therefore the guilt of their own choices than make society as a whole take on the same guilt. There are too many what if's and possibilities for us to say which is right and which is wrong in such a matter.

Now, as for what makes me a moderate, watch Pen and Tellers Bullshit, everything they say I agree with 100%, that should clear that issue up.

Well, I said that mostly because I already explained my position on the whole abortion issue. However, since you won't read it now here it is again:

By taking the rights of one individual to enforce the rights of another we are in essence also taking on the responsibility of making the moral choices for the previous individual. That being the case, regardless of how the law is stated or who's side it falls on we are taking on the guilt associated with an incorrect decision. Better to allow them to live with the choice and therefore the guilt of their own choices than make society as a whole take on the same guilt. There are too many what if's and possibilities for us to say which is right and which is wrong in such a matter.

Now, as for what makes me a moderate, watch Pen and Tellers Bullshit, everything they say I agree with 100%, that should clear that issue up.

I have a better idea. Let's discuss the execution of a man based on hearsay.

We can save abortion for the abortion threads, and religion for the religion threads.

I have a better idea. Let's discuss the execution of a man based on hearsay.

We can save abortion for the abortion threads, and religion for the religion threads.

Which is why I recomended you read the other posts after it. We went back onto that topic, and discussed the death penalty, ramifications, etc. in a very detailed manner. It was fun to. No one got hurt. Topics always stray a little, it's just what happens in open forums. By pointing out that it has strayed, strays even further from the topic.

I do apologize for having fed into Allie once already, but I have refrained from posting replies except where it fits more.

I do apologize for having fed into Allie once already, but I have refrained from posting replies except where it fits more.

No apology necessary. It isn't like threads don't go all over the place daily. Just makes it easier for people to find the topics they wish to discuss, and discuss the actual topics appearing in the thread title.

The death penalty exists only in third world nations and in the backward jesus freak states of the US..also third world.

It exists...not as a deterrent..and not in any way interested in executing the guilty..

It exists because jesus freak states are states of fear and hatred.

Jesus freaks love to see others suffer....whether they are guilty or not.

When religion dies..as it did in Europe many years ago... the death penalty will also die.

The Death penalty only exists in dictatorships and religiously extreme stone age nations such as the Middle east, the US and China.

It seems to me religion has permeated this thread, including Gunny's posts, so I'm a bit confused why some have been weeded out and removed, and some remain.

It seems to me religion has permeated this thread, including Gunny's posts, so I'm a bit confused why some have been weeded out and removed, and some remain.

"Some" would mean the last two posts. Hardly the selective process you attempt to present it as.

I'm sure you ARE confused. I can see where attempting to get this thread back on topic and create another for your off-topic arguments can do that to you.

Of course it isn't like you haven't been here long enough to know where the Religion subforum is since you practically live in every thread there.

In other words, the reasoning is obvious.

Nice. Untrue, but nice. I suggest you read through the thread again and see the references to religion. Since you removed mine, perhaps you'll be able to see a little more clearly than previously.

Nice. Untrue, but nice. I suggest you read through the thread again and see the references to religion. Since you removed mine, perhaps you'll be able to see a little more clearly than previously.

There is nothing untrue in what I posted. You're just trying to play your usual role of victim. I moved two posts, onl yone of them being yours -- it no thaving anything to do with the thread topic.

Stop whining and move along.

Did any of you read the article? It seems pretty clear to me that his conviction was based on shaky evidence at best and witnesses that were coerced to testify by the police. I do not understand why they are so opposed to just waiting a few more days. I guess that is just the deep south for you and a glimpse into how they treat blacks down here. The whole issue is just stupid, but I guess it would be foolish to expect more from a deep, Southern state...god this place is backwards.

Last edited:
How many times has Michael Collins used the term, "Jesus Freak?"

Must be going for the record. Need to expand your vocabulary, son. Start with Hooked on Phonics and go from there.

Did any of you read the article? It seems pretty clear to me that his conviction was based on shaky evidence at best and witnesses that were coerced to testify by the police. I do not understand why they are so opposed to just waiting a few more days. I guess that is just the deep south for you and a glimpse into how they treat blacks down here. The whole issue is just stupid, but I guess it would be foolish to expect more from a deep, Southern state...god this place is backwards.

You're right, if what the article says is true (that 7 out of the 9 witnesses have recanted their testimony and the 2 that haven't are another suspect and someone who originally said he didn't know who the killer was), then it seems almost blatantly obvious that there should be some sort of review. If this guy is innocent, I think it really is the responsibility of any state with the death penalty to seal all doubt. It's just a really bad precedent not to do so.

But nobody's interested in that, I'm guessing partly because of what I call the "Collins" effect, which usually renders threads useless. It is pretty curious, though, to see some bashing others for derailing a thread and at the same time never getting back on topic themselves.

You're right, if what the article says is true (that 7 out of the 9 witnesses have recanted their testimony and the 2 that haven't are another suspect and someone who originally said he didn't know who the killer was), then it seems almost blatantly obvious that there should be some sort of review. If this guy is innocent, I think it really is the responsibility of any state with the death penalty to seal all doubt. It's just a really bad precedent not to do so.

But nobody's interested in that, I'm guessing partly because of what I call the "Collins" effect, which usually renders threads useless. It is pretty curious, though, to see some bashing others for derailing a thread and at the same time never getting back on topic themselves.

I did not realize how off topic this post had gotten. It was worth a try to get it back on track though. A travesty of justice if you ask me.

The argument of the wannabe intellectually elite. "Did any of you read the article?" Of course not. YOU are the only one.

I agree the evidence is shaky and does not warrant the death penalty.

The rest of your post is nothing but speculation on your part, and parroting ignorant, Yankee dogma.

Forum List

Back