Genocide list

No I didnt, you are proving what difficulty you have with reading comprehension which explains why you cant grasp the definition of genocide.

We came to settle new lands and exterminated the natives to do it. Genocide. Later those same settlers felt as if they were a "english" colony since they no longer felt as if they themselves were "english". The genocide was pretty much done and now they really felt an ownership of the land and didnt need so much help in the genocidal step anymore...they no longer wanted the "ownership" challenged by lands far away.

Are you HONESTLY this uninformed and dense?

the norse came to settle enngland, and scotland and exterminated the locals .....it is the same thing the europeans did to the american indians.... you are a daft git.....

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/genocide

come on tell me wich country can claim they got their country without the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group .....

the norse came to settle enngland, and scotland and exterminated the locals .....it is the same thing the europeans did to the american indians.... you are a daft git.....

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/genocide

come on tell me wich country can claim they got their country without the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group .....

They didnt exterminate locals, they did have wars and battles.

If they committed genocide then how come england and scotland arent all norse and speaking the languages of the norse? We still have many places in the world where the natives still exist, they werent genocided by anyone and you will find that situation through asia, europe, africa. They have fought, they have endured repressive rulers, wars of profit etc but those arent genocide.

Genocide is a very specific thing that contains intent elements as well as physical elements carried out.

I have named numerous countries already, there are more but you cant even grasp the defintion of genocide. You want to label mass killings, political opprssion, dictatoships all as genocide. You try to broaden your definition enough to include "EVERYONE" does it which isnt true.

Serial killers also committing genocide if they go after a specific race (which many do)?

They didnt exterminate locals, they did have wars and battles.

If they committed genocide then how come england and scotland arent all norse and speaking the languages of the norse? We still have many places in the world where the natives still exist, they werent genocided by anyone and you will find that situation through asia, europe, africa. They have fought, they have endured repressive rulers, wars of profit etc but those arent genocide.

Genocide is a very specific thing that contains intent elements as well as physical elements carried out.

I have named numerous countries already, there are more but you cant even grasp the defintion of genocide. You want to label mass killings, political opprssion, dictatoships all as genocide. You try to broaden your definition enough to include "EVERYONE" does it which isnt true.

Serial killers also committing genocide if they go after a specific race (which many do)?

based on your new and improved deffinition of genocide, which now includes success .....

since the american indian and jews still exisit....genocide was not committed upon them......same goes for the surviviors of the killing fields....the stalinist purges....mao....in fact you have invalidadated all know genocides as there are survivors to all ....

you just keep changing the definition to suit your argument.....

i will stick with...."the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group" ..... which is pretty much what you have to do to take land from its inhabitants and create a country .....

so what on the list is not a genocide by your definition....

what should have been on the list....

From earlier in the thread said by me:

Well I can't say I know enough about each of the atrocities to say whether every one is a genocide or not...but without doing a ton of research on each atrocity, I would say that the genocides are limited to Rwanda, Hitler, and Turkey...but again a lot of the atrocities I have insufficient knowledge to really say. But Iraq is definitely not a genocide, nor were the deaths during the Iran-Iraq war, Vietnam was not, nor was OBL's attack on the US.

based on your new and improved deffinition of genocide, which now includes success .....

since the american indian and jews still exisit....genocide was not committed upon them......same goes for the surviviors of the killing fields....the stalinist purges....mao....in fact you have invalidadated all know genocides as there are survivors to all ....

you just keep changing the definition to suit your argument.....

i will stick with...."the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group" ..... which is pretty much what you have to do to take land from its inhabitants and create a country .....

Wrong again, its not about success, its that there was NEVER the intent (a key component of genocide). You want to classify rape and pillage invasions as genocide, they arent. I pointed that out but you havent even grasped the definition yet so it is hardly surprising.

Forum List

Back