Geneticists produce laser-activated killer mice

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
In research released on Thursday in Cell, scientists from Yale University report they managed to trigger instinctive hunting behavior in mice using optogenetics, a manner of priming cells within an organism's brain to switch on when exposed to a laser.
Geneticists produce laser-activated killer mice - Wikinews, the free news source

I've heard it all now, but hey it's been in the movies, like some who can't seem to connect how TV/Movies often prepare the public for things to come before it's introduced to the public. Say for example The invisible cloak from Harry Potter, well today in reality they have that. The last I heard it's not fully developed yet.
Look at the movie I ROBOT., preparing the public for a life of robots and that's just a short sample.
This mouse thing reminds me of zombies.

In research released on Thursday in Cell, scientists from Yale University report they managed to trigger instinctive hunting behavior in mice using optogenetics, a manner of priming cells within an organism's brain to switch on when exposed to a laser.
Geneticists produce laser-activated killer mice - Wikinews, the free news source

I've heard it all now, but hey it's been in the movies, like some who can't seem to connect how TV/Movies often prepare the public for things to come before it's introduced to the public. Say for example The invisible cloak from Harry Potter, well today in reality they have that. The last I heard it's not fully developed yet.
Look at the movie I ROBOT., preparing the public for a life of robots and that's just a short sample.

This may be shocking for you to find out, but the ideas of invisibility and an invisibility cloak were around long before the Harry Potter movies or even the Harry Potter books. One of King Arthur's treasures was a cloak of invisibility. The I, Robot movie was based on a book from Isaac Asimov which was first published in 1950, and was itself a compilation of stories published in the 1940's. The word robot itself was apparently first coined in 1920.

That's some long term preparation there! :lol:

• Banned

This may be shocking for you to find out, but the ideas of invisibility and an invisibility cloak were around long before the Harry Potter movies or even the Harry Potter books. One of King Arthur's treasures was a cloak of invisibility. The I, Robot movie was based on a book from Isaac Asimov which was first published in 1950, and was itself a compilation of stories published in the 1940's. The word robot itself was apparently first coined in 1920.

That's some long term preparation there! :lol:

Oh trust me I know, but the zombies can't fathom that far back in time. I had to put it as recent as possible.

Half the zombies can't even believe we have weaponized weather abilities.

Forum List

Back