General Flynn May Walk Free

You really must try reading the news. Withholding exculpatory evidence is a crime. The judge may reverse Flynn's conviction, regardless of whether it was based on a confession or a judgement.

Both of those statements are true.

But there is no evidence that Mueller withheld any evidence, or that Judge Sullivan will reverse the conviction.

It is possible that he could, but it is just as possible that space aliens will land on the National Mall tomorrow afternoon.

It wasn't a conviction... he plead guilty. I understand that once a judge accepts the plea deal it is considered a conviction, but it never went to trial. I'm sure you know, but many on here probably don't know, law enforcement can legally lie to someone in order to get them to confess or plea to a deal... prior to trial that is. A person talking to law enforcement however can't lie. So I'm not sure where the OP and his source are getting this idea that Flynn and his attorney cab fight this.

And if it is shown that the plea was gained through extortion it will be voided. Get a clue.

Extortion? I hate to tell you this, but the whole point of a plea bargain is what you are considering extortion. People don't do plea deals to get the same punishment as if they were convicted in trial.

Flynn was more than likely given the plea deal of a lighter sentence and Mueller not going after his son in return for the plea deal. That's NOT extortion... that's just a plea deal.

If mueller withheld exculpatory evidence, that makes the case, and the ensuing plea, entirely based on extortion. Your problem is mueller seems to have a history of unethical, illegal behavior.

He DOES? Mueller was HIGHLY regarded by BOTH parties before this investigation... and despite him being a Republican appointed head of the FBI was asked by Obama to stay longer...

You're trying to run that shit up the wrong flag pole. If Flynn didn't think he was guilty, or that it wasn't a good deal, he would have fought it. The guy didn't get to be as high in the military as he was by being a pussy.

McCabe is hasn't been charged, hasn't plead guilty, and hasn't been convicted- he is not a crook- the only thing we know he is guilty of for sure is making President Trump really, really unhappy.

I don't know... Sounds to me like he is guilty of pissing the fellow that is in charge off and that can be considered pretty stupid... After 29 years of working in a bureaucracy like the FBI, you would think he would know better...
FBI agents generally don't have to worry about losing their jobs because the President doesn't like them.

Not until this administration.
The only ones that may lose their jobs are the corrupt assholes that Obama enabled for years.

And by 'corrupt assholes' you of course mean FBI agents who have devoted their life to protecting American citizens- but somehow manage to piss off Trump and his minions.

You really must try reading the news. Withholding exculpatory evidence is a crime. The judge may reverse Flynn's conviction, regardless of whether it was based on a confession or a judgement.

But there is no evidence that Mueller withheld any evidence, or that Judge Sullivan will reverse the conviction.

It is possible that he could, but it is just as possible that space aliens will land on the National Mall tomorrow afternoon.

It wasn't a conviction... he plead guilty. I understand that once a judge accepts the plea deal it is considered a conviction, but it never went to trial. I'm sure you know, but many on here probably don't know, law enforcement can legally lie to someone in order to get them to confess or plea to a deal... prior to trial that is. A person talking to law enforcement however can't lie. So I'm not sure where the OP and his source are getting this idea that Flynn and his attorney cab fight this.

And if it is shown that the plea was gained through extortion it will be voided. Get a clue.

Extortion? I hate to tell you this, but the whole point of a plea bargain is what you are considering extortion. People don't do plea deals to get the same punishment as if they were convicted in trial.

Flynn was more than likely given the plea deal of a lighter sentence and Mueller not going after his son in return for the plea deal. That's NOT extortion... that's just a plea deal.

If mueller withheld exculpatory evidence, that makes the case, and the ensuing plea, entirely based on extortion. Your problem is mueller seems to have a history of unethical, illegal behavior.

Except of course that 'history of unethical, illegal behavior' is entirely manufactured by the Trump echo chambers.

Mueller was highly regarded by everyone- until he was appointed by a Republican to the investigation.

And when he was appointed- he had bipartisan support.

But then came the Trump propaganda wing- to smear another person- because Trump feels threatened by him.

Very much a pattern of anyone who Trump feels threatened by.

He DOES? Mueller was HIGHLY regarded by BOTH parties before this investigation... and despite him being a Republican appointed head of the FBI was asked by Obama to stay longer...

You're trying to run that shit up the wrong flag pole. If Flynn didn't think he was guilty, or that it wasn't a good deal, he would have fought it. The guy didn't get to be as high in the military as he was by being a pussy.

May I suggest you read something other than the echo chamber you seem to be trapped in...

ROBERT MUELLER IS A HOTHEAD WHO CAN'T OWN UP TO HIS MISTAKES, FORMER AIDES SAY
Robert Mueller is a hothead who can't own up to his mistakes, former aides say

No, Robert Mueller And James Comey Aren’t Heroes
The former FBI directors have acceded to numerous wrongful abuses of power in the post-9/11 era.

No, Robert Mueller And James Comey Aren't Heroes | HuffPost

And then there were the four men illegally convicted of murders they didn't commit to protect muellers pal whitey bulger. That only cost we taxpayers 101 million dollars. Sure you want to hitch your horse cart to this piece of shit?

"A federal judge Thursday ordered the government to pay more than $101 million in the case of four men who spent decades in prison for a 1965 murder they did not commit after the FBI withheld evidence of their innocence.

The judge called the government's defense that the FBI had no duty to get involved because it was a state case "absurd."

Peter Limone, Joseph Salvati and the families of the two other men who died in prison had sued the federal government for malicious prosecution.

They argued Boston FBI agents knew mob hitman Joseph "The Animal" Barboza lied when he named them as killers in the 1965 death of Edward Deegan. They said Barboza was protecting a fellow FBI informant, Vincent "Jimmy" Flemmi, who was involved."

Wrongfully Convicted Men Awarded $101M

McCabe is hasn't been charged, hasn't plead guilty, and hasn't been convicted- he is not a crook- the only thing we know he is guilty of for sure is making President Trump really, really unhappy.

I don't know... Sounds to me like he is guilty of pissing the fellow that is in charge off and that can be considered pretty stupid... After 29 years of working in a bureaucracy like the FBI, you would think he would know better...
FBI agents generally don't have to worry about losing their jobs because the President doesn't like them.

Not until this administration.
The only ones that may lose their jobs are the corrupt assholes that Obama enabled for years.

And by 'corrupt assholes' you of course mean FBI agents who have devoted their life to protecting American citizens- but somehow manage to piss off Trump and his minions.

Not these assholes. They illegally convicted four men of murder to protect one of their buddies. That only cost we taxpayers 101 million dollars. You need to pull your head out of your ass.

Except of course that 'history of unethical, illegal behavior' is entirely manufactured by the Trump echo chambers.

Mueller was highly regarded by everyone- until he was appointed by a Republican to the investigation.

And when he was appointed- he had bipartisan support.

But then came the Trump propaganda wing- to smear another person- because Trump feels threatened by him.

Very much a pattern of anyone who Trump feels threatened by.

Read the links above and then get back to us.

May I suggest you read something other than the echo chamber you seem to be trapped in...

The former FBI directors have acceded to numerous wrongful abuses of power in the post-9/11 era.

And then there were the four men illegally convicted of murders they didn't commit to protect muellers pal whitey bulger. That only cost we taxpayers 101 million dollars. Sure you want to hitch your horse cart to this piece of shit?

"A federal judge Thursday ordered the government to pay more than $101 million in the case of four men who spent decades in prison for a 1965 murder they did not commit after the FBI withheld evidence of their innocence.

The judge called the government's defense that the FBI had no duty to get involved because it was a state case "absurd."

Peter Limone, Joseph Salvati and the families of the two other men who died in prison had sued the federal government for malicious prosecution.

They argued Boston FBI agents knew mob hitman Joseph "The Animal" Barboza lied when he named them as killers in the 1965 death of Edward Deegan. They said Barboza was protecting a fellow FBI informant, Vincent "Jimmy" Flemmi, who was involved."

Oh lord... that shit only came out AFTER he was appointed to run THIS investigation. Use a little bit of logic and I'm sure you can figure out why.

Oh lord... that shit only came out AFTER he was appointed to run THIS investigation. Use a little bit of logic and I'm sure you can figure out why.

Try again. The people of Boston know what sort of asshole this clown is. It was reported at the time. The 101 million dollar settlement story is from 2007. Who was POTUS then?

26m3on.jpg

Try again. The people of Boston know what sort of asshole this clown is. It was reported at the time. The 101 million dollar settlement story is from 2007. Who was POTUS then?

Look at the date on your articles.

I did, the two recent ones are from PROGRESSIVE sites, the Huffpo ain't a right wing group. And the CBS story is from 2007, or don't you know how to read?

I did, the two recent ones are from PROGRESSIVE sites, the Huffpo ain't a right wing group. And the CBS story is from 2007, or don't you know how to read?

I don't care what sites they are from. Actions speak louder than words... and Mueller only became a pariah when he was appointed to take Trump down a notch.

Judge Emmitt Sullivan has ordered Mueller to turn over any material that might be helpful to the former National Security Advisor. If he finds Flynn did not have sufficient evidence to defend himself, the judge may overturn the conviction and let him go free.

But, will Flynn be able to get back his life along with all the $$$ her had to spend defending himself?

More of this @ Dick Morris: Big Blow to Mueller -- Flynn May Walk

what is he "defending himself" against? he already pled guilty. :cuckoo:

if you actually read anything, you'd know that this judge presided over the trial of Senator Stevens and felt there were horrible Brady violations. So ....

From that point on, Sullivan started a new practice for every case he handled: He would issue what is called a “standing Brady order,” mandating that prosecutors proactively turn over material favorable to the defense.

Analysis | No, a new court filing doesn't suggest that Michael Flynn is about to be exonerated

read.... it's important. and try to stop spreading silly trumpian garbage. it's just embarrassing.

oh...and for the record, if Flynn ever considered withdrawing his plea (which he isn't as far as anyone knows), then Mueller gets to use every statement he made to prosecutors against him.

that wouldn't go well for him.

and it can also be used in any action brought by the state AG's in NY and VA.
Bingo.

Judge Emmitt Sullivan has ordered Mueller to turn over any material that might be helpful to the former National Security Advisor. If he finds Flynn did not have sufficient evidence to defend himself, the judge may overturn the conviction and let him go free.

But, will Flynn be able to get back his life along with all the $$$ her had to spend defending himself?

if you actually read anything, you'd know that this judge presided over the trial of Senator Stevens and felt there were horrible Brady violations. So ....

From that point on, Sullivan started a new practice for every case he handled: He would issue what is called a “standing Brady order,” mandating that prosecutors proactively turn over material favorable to the defense.

Analysis | No, a new court filing doesn't suggest that Michael Flynn is about to be exonerated

read.... it's important. and try to stop spreading silly trumpian garbage. it's just embarrassing.

oh...and for the record, if Flynn ever considered withdrawing his plea (which he isn't as far as anyone knows), then Mueller gets to use every statement he made to prosecutors against him.

Bingo.
. If it is proven once the information is turned over to the judge, that the investigators railroaded Flynn, then if he is cleared nothing can be used against him that was gained under the wrongful conduct of the investigators or if he was set up where any of his due process was being violated or compromised then he wins.

I don't care what sites they are from. Actions speak louder than words... and Mueller only became a pariah when he was appointed to take Trump down a notch.

Indeed they do. mueller and comey RAILROADED four INNOCENT men for crimes they didn't commit. THEIR ILLEGAL actions caused the US taxpayer to have to pay out 101 MILLION FUCKING dollars you asshat. Actions DO speak louder than words and their actions were fucking atrocious! The fact that you IGNORE well known evidence that they are scumbags speaks a whole lot about the sort of scumbag that YOU are. We already KNOW what sort of scumbags these two assholes are.

Bingo.
. If it is proven once the information is turned over to the judge, that the investigators railroaded Flynn, then if he is cleared nothing can be used against him that was gained under the wrongful conduct of the investigators or if he was set up where any of his due process was being violated or compromised then he wins.
That was over 2 months ago. Don't hold yer breath Skippy.

Forum List

Back