Gaza: The 12 Year Old IT Innovator

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
If the embargo end, more young talents can work.

Meet the 12-year-old Gaza IT geek

Twelve-year-olds across the world like their computers. But few take it to the level of Mohammad Alhaulimy.

From a young age, Mohammad has shown a passion for computers, coding and technology, a passion that has been indulged by his family, and which has seen him receive support from other countries and invitations to conferences around the region.

Mohammad built his first mobile application, World Savers, at the age of 9. He sought to raise awareness about global issues such as wars and pollution in a game format. It didn’t go far, and has now been forgotten, but it was a first challenge for the budding coder.

“I wanted to create something of my own, a game or a video … Something that I would appreciate,” Mohammad said as he stared at his Mac.

He attended an International Computer Driving License, ICDL, course when he was 7, to secure the global computer skills certification. But he soon found it was not challenging enough.

“The courses I attended never satisfied me. I turned to the Internet and YouTube searching for what I’ve missed in courses,” he said, as a Facebook notification popped onto his screen.

International connections
Microsoft Imagine Cup and other such events are hosted by Gaza Sky Geeks, which says it is the first startup business accelerator in Gaza. Gaza Sky Geeks was founded by Mercy Corps, an international charity that tries to encourage innovation and small enterprises around the world. It aims to connect Gaza’s most talented youths with investors to provide them with expertise, mentorship and networks.

160524-mohammed-alhaulimy.jpg

If the embargo end, more young talents can work.

Twelve-year-olds across the world like their computers. But few take it to the level of Mohammad Alhaulimy.

From a young age, Mohammad has shown a passion for computers, coding and technology, a passion that has been indulged by his family, and which has seen him receive support from other countries and invitations to conferences around the region.

Mohammad built his first mobile application, World Savers, at the age of 9. He sought to raise awareness about global issues such as wars and pollution in a game format. It didn’t go far, and has now been forgotten, but it was a first challenge for the budding coder.

“I wanted to create something of my own, a game or a video … Something that I would appreciate,” Mohammad said as he stared at his Mac.

He attended an International Computer Driving License, ICDL, course when he was 7, to secure the global computer skills certification. But he soon found it was not challenging enough.

“The courses I attended never satisfied me. I turned to the Internet and YouTube searching for what I’ve missed in courses,” he said, as a Facebook notification popped onto his screen.

International connections
Microsoft Imagine Cup and other such events are hosted by Gaza Sky Geeks, which says it is the first startup business accelerator in Gaza. Gaza Sky Geeks was founded by Mercy Corps, an international charity that tries to encourage innovation and small enterprises around the world. It aims to connect Gaza’s most talented youths with investors to provide them with expertise, mentorship and networks.

160524-mohammed-alhaulimy.jpg

Hardly as he is using "libraries" that are per written code that enable people to mix and match to get an app. I use them all the time in my programmes along with my own coding to write full programmes. What he is doing is just taking other peoples work and adapting it

Hopefully, he will someday invent a program to get rid of the zionist Jews and turn Israel back into Palestine. ........ :cool:

You don't "invent" programmes, you write them. And to do that means that you accept the Jews as a race.

But you realise that this can never happen while the UN is in existence, read their charter for the explanation.

Hopefully, he will someday invent a program to get rid of the zionist Jews and turn Israel back into Palestine. ........ :cool:
Since there is an army of sayanim hackers, it's not an easy task.

Since there is an army of sayanim hackers, it's not an easy task.

Hackers need access to your computer to do any damage. So don't connect to the internet , or use a server running Linux and you should be safe. That is why you cant get into my computer as I am running a Linux server and triple firewalls

Forum List

Back