'Gay' romance appropriate for children?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jimnyc, Jan 26, 2004.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    **A show geared towards kids highlighting gay romance? This is disgusting and just another show my child will never be watching. I wouldn't want to see this crap on adult shows let alone for the kids.**

A youth-oriented television drama with a growing U.S. following is breaking new ground this year with a major teen character who declares his homosexuality and "falls in love" with a male classmate.

The Canadian drama "Degrassi: The Next Generation" – available to 22 million U.S. households on the Nickelodeon-owned cable channel Noggin – is acclaimed by homosexual-rights groups for boldly going where no program has gone before.

"When a gay teen character is introduced into a mainstream youth-oriented drama with a minimum of fanfare, you can be sure of one thing: You're not talking about U.S. television," commented the American homosexual magazine The Advocate in its Feb. 3 issue.

The show is broadcast in the U.S. on the N, a programming block on the Noggin channel aimed at pre-teens and teens. During the day, however, the same channel caters to programs for toddlers and elementary school children.

In an interview with The Advocate, actors Adamo Ruggiero, 17, and John Bregar, 18, said they believe the characters they play in the DeGrassi series are true-to-life.

Ruggiero's character, Marco, previously "came out of the closet" about his homosexuality, but this season he meets Dylan, played by Bregar, the openly homosexual brother of Marco's friend Paige. By the end of this season, according to head writer Aaron Martin, Marco will have a boyfriend.

"I think, in general, coming out is less shocking [to today's youth], but you don't want to have the ignorance to say that everything is OK, because people are still homophobic," Ruggiero told the magazine.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36734

2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, not something I am interest in watching!!!! nor my children!

3. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    ...How many kids suffer because they are afraid to come out. Adolescence is tulmultuous enough without having to suffer for the way you're born.

Homosexuality is not a perversion, it just is. It is treated as a perversion by those too blinded by their own ignorance or whatever dogma they espouse to accept it as a simple fact of life.

You've made your choice, change the channel and get over it.

4. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There's nothing to get over, I could care less what people do, they want to be Gay, so be it, but I don't have to see it, and your right, change a channel. I just think it's wrong to put this CRAP on TV!

5. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  6. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Like Hell.

My cable bill just increased by $20 a month. $20 DOLLARS. I currently have Digital cable.. .my bill went from $40 to $60.

Noggin is the only reason I keep digital cable. I have a 3 year old daughter who only watches Noggin. They have great educational programs for toddlers in the morning and afternoon, up until 6 pm. The programs Noggin puts on (for smaller children) are not the normal 'Rugrats' 'Spongebob' type cartoon... they have teaching tools incorporated into most of their programs.

To add a gay teen sitcom on a channel that is flooded with children as young as 1-2 years is completely immoral! I dont care if they put this trash show on at 2 am and it has exactly 4 viewers, you dont put that type of show on a channel geared towards younger children.

I'm completely disgusted with this. I've visited the Noggin website and cant find any reference to this program. Should this be broadcast on the Noggin network, at any time of day, I will remove my digital cable and I've expressed my opinion to both the Noggin Network and my cable providor.

7. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No, but it is abnormal !

8. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    When is the teen S&M show going into production?:kiss2: :spank3: :whip:

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
  10. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i think there are too many bleeding hearts out there that want to pacify and cater to the homesexual community. like it or not, if you get them on your side when it comes to votes.... do the math.
    this is the reason we have gay day, trying to get legal marriages and bennies for them.
    its fucking disgusting and why put that shit on a channel for children? are they trying to dement them? trying to plant the seeds of homosexuality is a good thing? again, bullshit. wanna see cable rates drop?
    how about we let some of the anti homosexuals we have in congress see there kids watching this crap. see what happens then.