Gas station manager fired after telling mom, whose son is on life support, to work or be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Gas station manager fired after telling mom, whose son is on life support, to work or be fired

There is no reason you canā€™t work and I will not tolerate drama. End of conversation. If you arenā€™t there to work your shift tomorrow then I take that as youā€™ve quit.ā€

Fisher then said that she would be contacting corporate. The manager supplied the mother with the corporate officeā€™s number, but Fisher had one last question.

ā€œWould you be able to go to work and function if your child was on life support? I donā€™t know if Iā€™m coming or going and you expect me to work?ā€ she asked.

Yes I would
---------------------------

Wow, who could be so heartless when it comes to children?
Anyone?
There are people in the world who have no heart when it comes to children.
Who are these people? How did they happen? Anyone?

Some people are assholes.
Are you 5? Have you ever stepped foot in the real world? :dunno:

There is no reason you canā€™t work and I will not tolerate drama. End of conversation. If you arenā€™t there to work your shift tomorrow then I take that as youā€™ve quit.ā€

Fisher then said that she would be contacting corporate. The manager supplied the mother with the corporate officeā€™s number, but Fisher had one last question.

ā€œWould you be able to go to work and function if your child was on life support? I donā€™t know if Iā€™m coming or going and you expect me to work?ā€ she asked.

Yes I would

Anyone?
What a dick. He needs his ass kicked.

Did the station owner put that employee's kid on life support?

If not, why should his business suffer because of something over which he had no control?

He has to run a business. If his employees don't come to work, he has to find ones that do.

If she cannot perform her job functions, she should not bother coming in. The world does not stop for your tragedy. I was fired for taking personal phone calls from my mother's doctor when she had her legs amputated. She died in the middle of law school finals. I could not get time off for the funeral.

Suck it up butter cup or find another job.

Yes I would

Anyone?
And the manager was promptly fired by corporate.

You know, the people you demean on a regular basis

Yes I would

Anyone?

Good, the guy sounds like a real asshole. Good thing he didn't work for the government. He could be a fucking child molester and we the people couldn't get rid of the fucking slimebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back