Gas prices up, who's fault is it??

Oil is up because the Saudis cut production moron. If world economies continue to plummet look for the price to fall yet again and then the Saudis willcut production again to try and stabilize the price.

Oil price is not up.

After the roller coaster ride of 2008, the price of oil has stabilized in the early days of 2009 at around $40 a barrel after the OPEC cartel slashed its production to make up for lower oil demand. But as the global economy weakens, many analyst are forecasting prices could weaken even more in coming months.

Only a few months ago, oil prices peaked above $147 a barrel, a record that was reached in July, before tumbling in record time.

Oil prices have stabilized, they may well go down more, and calling someone names is juvenile and sophomoric.

Three facts you can count on.

Posted by Meister:
Wolf, like I said earlier, tire pressure does make a difference. But, is it up to our government to tell us how to live our lives?? If I want the tire pressure lower, isn't that my God given right in America?? If not, where is it going to stop? As far as I'm concerned the government has no right in this matter. What they do have a right to do,. is protect the constitution...not rewrite it.

Yes, indeed you do. You have a god given right to drive around on flat tires if you are so foolish as to do so. No doubt the local Firestone dealership would like to see more people doing just that, as it would increase their business enormously.

And, as obama Pointed out, driving on underinflated tires wastes gasoline. Of course, you have a right to waste all of the gas you can afford to buy, so go right ahead.

OP:

Bush ... no wait ... Exxon ... um maybe ... Clinton ... probably not ... so um ... the Middle East ... naw too far ... um ... perhaps John Wayne ... guess not ... maybe Freddy Kruger!

Really ... this issue is just too complicated to get into, but anyone can be blamed for it, what's a valid and effective solution ... that's what the question SHOULD be.

A valid solution is multi faceted all the alternatives you can find and while you wait for the tech to come on line to make some of the more esoteric ones drill for all the oil you can right here at home. After all it isn't like gas and heating oil are the only things we get from petroleum.

The valid word there skeptik is 'around $40 dollars a barrel" means basically that it is fluctuating about that point up some days down others. It does not imply nor should it be taken to mean that it stays right on $40/barrel on any continuing basis.

And yes keeping your tires properly inflated helps but it sure as hell isn't the be all and the end all as obama seemed to imply. You can do far more to improve your gas mileage by a variety of other means.

Last edited:
Gas prices up, who's fault is it??

Currently the refineries are choking production trying to lower supply. That was the 1st wave of price spiking. Now the speculators are trying to drive the price up on IEA data that for once in a long time showed a slight decrease in the expected increase of supply.

There is currently so much oil stock that they are running out of places to put it. That still doesn't mean that the speculators won't try to hype anything to drive price up.

A valid solution is multi faceted all the alternatives you can find and while you wait for the tech to come on line to make some of the more esoteric ones drill for all the oil you can right here at home. After all it isn't like gas and heating oil are the only things we get from petroleum.

The valid word there skeptik is 'around $40 dollars a barrel" means basically that it is fluctuating about that point up some days down others. It does not imply nor should it be taken to mean that it stays right on $40/barrel on any continuing basis.

And yes keeping your tires properly inflated helps but it sure as hell isn't the be all and the end all as obama seemed to imply. You can do far more to improve your gas mileage by a variety of other means.

Best way I found, walking and busing. I don't own a car, never have my whole life, the only gas I pay for is what the buses use. I've traveled a lot to, so don't try that excuse. It is possible to live without a car if you worry so much about the price of gas.

Oh, and I live in Downtown Seattle ... most things I need are nowhere near where I live so don't think it's all "just around the corner" because it's not.

It's easy in down town try out in the Burbs. I can get to the downtown library hear in T-town in 15 minutes if I drive, If I take the Bus it takes an hour and a half. Rider ship on buses is usually about 50% capacity and most of the people on it don't work for a living.

It's easy in down town try out in the Burbs. I can get to the downtown library hear in T-town in 15 minutes if I drive, If I take the Bus it takes an hour and a half. Rider ship on buses is usually about 50% capacity and most of the people on it don't work for a living.

I grew up in a rural area ... still didn't need a car, had a bike.

Spent a year only 50 miles from Durango Co, rode a bike to and from work every day, and we aren't talking flat roads either (hills so steep that anything larger than a sports car had to cut their speed in half).

Also, anyone who lived in downtown Seattle during the last 10 years knows, there's no shopping here unless you like to eat junk or pay a small fortune.

Whose fault? Depends on how far back you go. Since he's still alive, I'll blame Ralph Nader who acted as a spoiler for the 2000 election. If Gore had won, the trillionish that went into Iraq could have gone into alternative energy, causing demand for oil to be lower. Though then he would say he invented alternative energy, and THAT would be annoying... Now lets set aside our differences and set this right... :evil:

Hi Working Man:

An Illegal Alien Foreign National has failed to steal your identity and JOB? :0)

Some say it is because of Israelis war with the Palestinians. Others say it is because of the speculators on Wall Street.

Rising and falling oil and gas prices represent the best indicator for determining the timing of the coming Second Great Depression. Higher gas prices mean the market is predicting the coming Depression to be farther down the road, while lower prices predict the Economic Implosion to be ‘at hand.’ The oil companies raise gas prices to bleed the U.S. consumer dry, because they can . . . Period . . .

If nobody really knows, then oil shouldn't be a traded commodity. For the fair market to work, I would think that transparency and reason need to be mandatory factors. With no reason, just speculation, their is no fairness.

The price of a gallon of gasoline should be determined by the price to drill, process and send the gasoline to market and NOT what traders can bid the price up to on any given day. Oil companies should compete within each local market against every other oil company and the prices should be determined by THE MARKET. With 41,000 Lobbyists allowed to strut up and down the halls of Congress every damned day, then you should expect corruption to be par for the course. Right? :0)

Americans have still not learned their lesson from last summer as I see many of the gas guzzlers on the road again.

There are millions of millionaires in the USA who will drive tanks around if that makes them happy . . .

One thing for sure, the new Honda Accords with the auto trans and four banger SUCK gas like a Chevy Suburban (honestly, the Accord could be worse) around town. Honda is lying when it comes to the economy of this model.

Superior Vaporization Carburetors were invented back in 1936 (I cannot post links = Canadian inventor Charles Nelson Pogue in the 1930s . . .), but Big Oil and the automakers would rather you get 10 miles per gallon using inferior induction-type carbs; so Americans get exactly what they deserve . . .

GL,

Terral

The price of a gallon of gasoline should be determined by the price to drill, process and send the gasoline to market and NOT what traders can bid the price up to on any given day. Oil companies should compete within each local market against every other oil company and the prices should be determined by THE MARKET. With 41,000 Lobbyists allowed to strut up and down the halls of Congress every damned day, then you should expect corruption to be par for the course. Right? :0)

Absolutely. Instead we have the same folks who gave us the likes of derivatives manipulating the market.

Hi FactFinder:

Absolutely. Instead we have the same folks who gave us the likes of derivatives manipulating the market.

We agree. The link to that Charles Nelson Progue Vaporization Carburetor story is here if anybody is interested. My presentation on the new Vapor-Plasma Integration Technology is here if anyone wants to see how hydrocarbon/hydrogen integrated engines are built some 500 years or so in the future.

The automakers are Big Oil Surrogates and would rather see you get 10 to 20 miles per gallon, instead of more than 100 miles per gallon using Vaporization Technology available since the mid 1930's. And now they want you to bail them out to boot. I have contacted General Motors and they would rather go under than use this far-superior technology, because Big Oil is holding a gun to their heads . . .

BTW, if you want to see how the future generations use remote-control surgery systems that are really quite simple, then you can also get a taste of that in a free download here. This revolutionary technology was invented in the Press Medical Corporation Laboratories way back the mid 1990's, but the world is still not ready for these kinds of advances even today . . .

PS. I started a new thread on this Pressure-Sheath Technology Topic here if anybody is interested. :0)

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hi FactFinder:

We agree. The link to that Charles Nelson Progue Vaporization Carburetor story is here if anybody is interested. My presentation on the new Vapor-Plasma Integration Technology is here if anyone wants to see how hydrocarbon/hydrogen integrated engines are built some 500 years or so in the future.

The automakers are Big Oil Surrogates and would rather see you get 10 to 20 miles per gallon, instead of more than 100 miles per gallon using Vaporization Technology available since the mid 1930's. And now they want you to bail them out to boot. I have contacted General Motors and they would rather go under than use this far-superior technology, because Big Oil is holding a gun to their heads . . .

BTW, if you want to see how the future generations use remote-control surgery systems that are really quite simple, then you can also get a taste of that in a free download here. This revolutionary technology was invented in the Press Medical Corporation Laboratories way back the mid 1990's, but the world is still not ready for these kinds of advances even today . . .

PS. I started a new thread on this Pressure-Sheath Technology Topic here if anybody is interested. :0)

GL,

Terral

Is this the Charles Nelson Progue Vaporization Carburetor you're talking about?

That's exactly what I would expect from anyone who advertises the fact that he is a member of 9/11 liars club, skeptic.

Tell me something tarral does your tinfoil hat workbetter berore or after it oxidizes.

Hi Gary:
Gary posted some one-liner drivel on my Pressure-Sheath Technology thread here and hopefully he will grow a pair and accept my challenge ('not' holding my breath) for a nice 911Truth Debate. :0)

That's exactly what I would expect from anyone who advertises the fact that he is a member of 9/11 liars club, skeptic.

Sticks and stones, Gary. Please post the links to where everyone can find your work that defends the Official Bush Administration Conspiracy Theory saying that a band of these guys (Bearded Jihadist Radicals) pulled off the 9/11 attacks. :0)

Tell me something tarral does your tinfoil hat workbetter berore or after it oxidizes.

This is Gary’s solution to the 9/11 Inside-job attacks (pic).

Indenial.jpg

The price of oil and gasoline are going up, because the New World Order Elites (links) are siphoning off consumer disposable/discretionary income/resources in preparation for leading the USA into the coming 'Greatest Depression.'

Listen to Gerald Celente from TrendsResearch.com (Website)!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJ7LM3iyNg"]Gerald Celente Knows![/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:

So, you have no response to the link I provided? Did you read it at all?

Does that mean that those of us who reject the silly and unproven 9/11 conspiracy theories are members of the "liars" club?

Who is it that needs that tinfoil hat again?

"Anyone who isn’t confused really doesn’t understand the situation."
Edward Murrow, Journalist.

From my research, both parties and business have been in bed together forever - out of pure necessity. The dynamic just ebbs and flows like everything else.

I know an oil futures floor trader. They were indeed part of it, but as pointed out earlier they were only speculating on future prices. In that sense, they really did nothing unless one's perspective is that state control is considered the only alternative which can be correct all the time.

So, you have no response to the link I provided? Did you read it at all?

Does that mean that those of us who reject the silly and unproven 9/11 conspiracy theories are members of the "liars" club?

Who is it that needs that tinfoil hat again?
Oh, I see I misread gayrd's post. Sorry about that.

Anybody in the car/tire industry and even the Nascar website knows that proper inflation of your tires can increase your MPG and save you money on gas and tire wear..

The stunt with the McPalin tire guages/BO energy plan made the GOP look like the political attention whores and propaganda joke their party has become..

Ask anyone who rides a streetbike how important tire inflation is.. for a variety of reasons...

Wolf, what you say is true, but with all do respect, Obama came off like this was the answer...not to say that is what he meant, but that is the perception that was taken.

From what I recall BO stated that correct tire pressure would reduce our oil consumtion..

I dont recall anyone saying it would eliminate our need for foreign oil all together.. either way correct tire pressure saves you $$... and the whole episode was just a typical campaign stunt..

That dumb ass clown Obama was using a year's worth of a typical driver's fuel every hour he flew around in that giant 757 during his 2 year campaign. Pathetic scheduling had him burning 10,000 gallons of fuel, round trip, to go to California then another 8,000 to fly to Florida and back the next day......... for what? To repeat the same lame ass speech over and over again? To go to a bowling alley and bowl a 37? His latest trip to Leno's show cost a half of a million dollars for Air Force 1 time alone, at least one C5A flew in advance to bring his limos so he could pull up onto the stage......... this arrogant punk is full of change, change for the worse. Before it was over, that trip no doubt cost us, the taxpayers, a million dollars for him to put his foot in his wide mouth with the Special Olympics comment. He's a dipshit and has no business telling his bosses(we the taxpayers) anything.

And Michelle looks like a skank.

Forum List

Back