Gas Prices and Suicide Numbers Climb Under Obama

To be fair, suicide rates are also up because states have had to slash funding for mental health programs. Not that gas prices and a bad economy don't play a part. Stress absolutly contributes to suicide rates. But another factor is the increasing segment of our society who are parents to a troubled child, but refuse to take responsibility for it. When the gov't can't fill the gap, and parents don't wanna take on the task, the child becomes a man with mental issues and no one helping him. It's the parents job #1, gov'ts #2.

• Banned
To be fair, suicide rates are also up because states have had to slash funding for mental health programs. Not that gas prices and a bad economy don't play a part. Stress absolutly contributes to suicide rates. But another factor is the increasing segment of our society who are parents to a troubled child, but refuse to take responsibility for it. When the gov't can't fill the gap, and parents don't wanna take on the task, the child becomes a man with mental issues and no one helping him. It's the parents job #1, gov'ts #2.

What states have slashed funds for mental health programs? You make it sound as if it's a national crisis...

Link?

What states have slashed funds for mental health programs? You make it sound as if it's a national crisis...

Link?

Oh gosh, almost all of them. My home state currently, SC, has slashed MH funding massively. Most states have. I'll google it for a link, but it's fairly accepted as a budget fact.

My X bro-in law killed himself under GW Moron.
He was a true murkin.
Re-financed his house for twice it's real value, got him summa them thar granite counter tops, 2 new SUV's, a big screen, marble floor in the living room, new garage and then got the news his employer was closing up and leaving murkastan..
He hung himself ( and probably put the rope on his Visa card).
He was warned. I was packing my bags about the same time it happened.

• Banned
Found this -

States cutting the most of mental health budgets: Kentucky (47.5%), Alaska (35.0%), South Carolina (22.7%) and Arizona (22.7%).

But 18 states increased mental health spending, the report notes. Adding the most was Oregon, with a 23.2% increase ($71 million from 2009-2011). Others ranged from 20.9% in North Carolina and 11.2% in Idaho to 0.2% in Florida.

• Banned
He was a true murkin.
Re-financed his house for twice it's real value, got him summa them thar granite counter tops, 2 new SUV's, a big screen, marble floor in the living room, new garage and then got the news his employer was closing up and leaving murkastan..

It was all Bush's fault huh?

He was a true murkin.

It was all Bush's fault huh?
NOOP.
He. like Bush, was a B00B.

This is when I was packing my bags and painting " for sale" signs.
Yeah. B00B was the catalyst of what you see today.
Idiots.

You're perhaps too reactionary.

When I was 7, in my neighborhood, I could walk up the hill to LaPosta's and grab a pack of gum for a quarter. A 5 pack. Now, same store, I can go and get a pack for a Dollar but it's ten pieces.

It feels the same.

I grew through jobs from dishwasher to carwashing to what I do now, bank-account ever increasing.

I took care of my credit and just bought a house at a really low price, and really low interest rate.

I drive a Honda Accord, and the gas mileage is pretty sweet.

I can get a loaf of bread at Hannaford @ 2 for $3.00.

You left America based on pussified reactionary pessimism. You let the news hype about the debt and all of that make you skurred and/or disappointed, meanwhile, we've had a debt since I was born and even in 3rd grade we learned how fast the "debt clock" moves.

I'm still here, living a similar life that my mom and grandparents lived. I'm still here, and my taxes are as low as my bracket's been in 50+ years about.

Keep knocking this Country, but it's not as bad as the news says it is. It's the same partisan gridlock and debt we've had for decades, but it's also the same street life we've had for decades too, save for a bunch more meth addicts :lol: . But then again, there's always Amsterdam druggies to compare to.

Obama, like Bush, doesn't control Gas prices.

Bush did control gas prices. Remember when he tapped into the reserves and they went down?

When's Obama going to address it, start drilling, cease dithering...

This is when I was packing my bags and painting " for sale" signs.
Yeah. B00B was the catalyst of what you see today.
Idiots.

When you packed your bags and left - where did you go?
Hopefully out of the country...

Paid $4.39 last night at the local Shell.

Tells you one thing for sure. We wont be seeing Obama ad's for "Hope and Change" next year!!!

Image-HopeAndChange-s.jpg

You just clicked "post reply"

Click green face 4 times,

Clicked the fu face. And that's it. That was your whole post.

I think you may have a problem. Just saying. I'd love to see what you look like. I'd have to guess somewhere in the ballpark of:

1928_picture_of_an_evil_looking_obsessed_man_hacking_computers.jpg

Forum List

Back