GAO: Obamacare gave subsidies to 11 of 12 fictitious applicants

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Incompetence, fraud, waste, and abuse within the ACA and this administration in running Obama's 'legacy' legislation / program is almost beyond words.....the 'albatross' around his neck grows heavier.

GAO: Obamacare gave subsidies to 11 of 12 fictitious applicants - Hot Air

"The most embarrassing part of the GAO report is how poorly CMS did detecting outright fraud. GAO created 12 fictitious applicants who filled out phone or online applications for subsidized health plans. It was able to secure $2,500 a month subsidies for 11 of those applicants. When CMS asked for documents to resolve inconsistencies in the files, GAO either sent fake documents or simply didn’t send anything. In both cases, CMS sent letters acknowledging receipt of documents and stating the matter had been resolved. Again, this was the case even when GAO had sent nothing in response to the initial CMS query. In the end, GAO was able to keep all 11 fictitious applicants on subsidies throughout 2014, each one directing about $30,000 in federal funds to an insurer under false pretenses. And it’s worth noting that, later on in the report, GAO makes clear it created this fake applicants with no prior or inside knowledge of any verification procedures that might be applied. This was something that anyone could have done."

'It won't cost a dime.'

'It will pay for itself.'

CMS paid $68 million in subsidies to people who claimed they were not in prison..... It cost a helluva lot more than 'a dime', and that is only the expense of the fraud/waste/abuse in THIS case. OBAMAcare might just go down as the WORST government-run program evuh, rammed through into law against the majority will of the people and has OBAMA's name on it.

...nice.

You do know that Oblama Care ACA is run by private companies?
You do know that Obamacare is Obama's legacy piece of legislation, his baby. HE promised it would not cost a dime. He promised it would pay for itself. HE is the one left being a LIAR and a failure!

President Trump has already promised that on Day One of his administration, the ACA would be toast. Be patient.

But it's so affordable.....
Compared to having none and needing hospitalization or surgery, yes....

I already had that option. Now it just costs me a whole lot more.
We couldn't get VA care after service during Ronald Raygun.It wasn't until Dubya jr. that we could all use the VA again...

Well, President Trump will fix the VA too. No more veterans dying waiting to get a medical procedure.

President Trump has already promised that on Day One of his administration, the ACA would be toast. Be patient.
And all the taxes that went with it, or do they stay?

They will most probably be used to pay off any outstanding debt on the ACA web site.
Or to pay a 14 year old to take it down..

Whatever. It is the most expensive web site ever created.

And all the taxes that went with it, or do they stay?

They will most probably be used to pay off any outstanding debt on the ACA web site.
Or to pay a 14 year old to take it down..

Whatever. It is the most expensive web site ever created.
If you are going to get a blank check, might as well be a big one...

But it's so affordable.....
Compared to having none and needing hospitalization or surgery, yes....

I already had that option. Now it just costs me a whole lot more.
We couldn't get VA care after service during Ronald Raygun.It wasn't until Dubya jr. that we could all use the VA again...

Well, President Trump will fix the VA too. No more veterans dying waiting to get a medical procedure.
When I was in during Reagan, it was soldiers dying while getting medical procedures...

Are you indignant if you live paycheck to paycheck with kids..??
I have no idea, but I know there was no crisis. Hospitals recovered their un-reimbursed expenses by charging astronomical fees to insured people.

Are you indignant if you live paycheck to paycheck with kids..??
I have no idea, but I know there was no crisis. Hospitals recovered their un-reimbursed expenses by charging astronomical fees to insured people.
I bet you'd like to believe that...One aspect of the ACA was to stop this tactic, yet it is hospitals that are increasing prices because they are having withdrawals from charging and getting those high prices...

Forum List

Back