Gangs are our gun problem in the U.S....other criminals make up the rest...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....here we have a story from New York...you know, one of the cities that has strict gun control....and gangs represent about half of the gun murders...or gang related activity...that doesn't include other criminal activity...

Nearly half of NYC's shootings gang-related

Of the more than 300 homicides so far this year in New York City, almost half of those – 40 percent – were determined to be gang-related, with 49 percent of the city’s nearly 1,100 shootings tied to gangs as well.

Law enforcement officials in the Big Apple say homicides are up, though overall crime is slightly down, but the beefs between rival gangs are erupting more commonly over seemingly petty offenses. The city’s 375 gangs – most of which are huddled around housing projects – are typically at war over drugs, money and turf, but a great deal of the gang-related shootings also stem from the notion that a boy becomes a man once he puts a bullet in another person.

“It’s a fearsome reality: violence for its own sake,” Police Commissioner Bill Bratton told the New York Daily News, who published a special report Sunday on the city’s gang violence. “The gun has come to define manhood for these young men, and the willingness to use it has become a rite of passage.”

Yep. The left wants to blame white NRA members for gun violence.

Most gun deaths are either suicide or gang murders.

Yes.....here we have a story from New York...you know, one of the cities that has strict gun control....and gangs represent about half of the gun murders...or gang related activity...that doesn't include other criminal activity...

Nearly half of NYC's shootings gang-related

Of the more than 300 homicides so far this year in New York City, almost half of those – 40 percent – were determined to be gang-related, with 49 percent of the city’s nearly 1,100 shootings tied to gangs as well.

Law enforcement officials in the Big Apple say homicides are up, though overall crime is slightly down, but the beefs between rival gangs are erupting more commonly over seemingly petty offenses. The city’s 375 gangs – most of which are huddled around housing projects – are typically at war over drugs, money and turf, but a great deal of the gang-related shootings also stem from the notion that a boy becomes a man once he puts a bullet in another person.

“It’s a fearsome reality: violence for its own sake,” Police Commissioner Bill Bratton told the New York Daily News, who published a special report Sunday on the city’s gang violence. “The gun has come to define manhood for these young men, and the willingness to use it has become a rite of passage.”
If only our beloved federal government under Dear Leader's wonderful control, would just take guns from the law abiding, all would be good....

and if the consequences are not good, just lie about it.

The truth no one on the left wants to acknowledge.

Why?

Political correctness.

Gang members are by and large minorities.

An honest discussion of gun violence identifies that the majority of firearm homicides are committed by a minority group that makes up 13% of the US population.

But call attention to this fact, you are immediately labeled a racist by the pc police that do not want this correlation discussed.

Rational thinking Americans blame the NRA for promoting gun sales over all else. The reason I cut up my membership card.

Rational thinking Americans blame the NRA for promoting gun sales over all else. The reason I cut up my membership card.
Sorry to hear that. I just bought a lifetime membership.

Could you provide an example of the NRA promoting gun sales?

ONE CHART: Conclusive Proof That Barack Obama is the Greatest Gun Salesman in the History of the World

981b48ff34bec680cce371ac4e0b2b752fcefa12.png

ONE CHART: Conclusive Proof That Barack Obama is the Greatest Gun Salesman in the History of the World | Opinion - Conservative

If only our beloved federal government under Dear Leader's wonderful control, would just take guns from the law abiding, all would be good....

and if the consequences are not good, just lie about it.

As long as you are a law abiding American you'll have no problem buying a gun. Military grade assault weapons will take a further permit and vetting.

The truth no one on the left wants to acknowledge.

Why?

Political correctness.

Gang members are by and large minorities.

An honest discussion of gun violence identifies that the majority of firearm homicides are committed by a minority group that makes up 13% of the US population.

But call attention to this fact, you are immediately labeled a racist by the pc police that do not want this correlation discussed.

In the late 1800's it was the Irish.

So you quit the NRA because you think they promote the sale of a legal product, one so sacred it is protected in our Bill of Rights....and you have a problem with that........?

So you quit the NRA because you think they promote the sale of a legal product, one so sacred it is protected in our Bill of Rights....and you have a problem with that........?

I quit because the NRA changed from an organization of gun owners to a marketing concern for gun manufacturers.

I quit because the NRA changed from an organization of gun owners to a marketing concern for gun manufacturers.

That is such a crock.

Forum List

Back