Game of Thrones (HBO)

I hope Rob's ascent isn't given short shrift...was a little disappointed that his defeat and capture of Jamie had no action; i think people would have liked to have seen the ambush, but I know that is expensive in an already very expensive and expansive project. I hope Tywin gets a lot of air time in the upcoming episodes, and I think Bronn is the likely a favorite character of the upcoming season.

yeah... 1. it would be expensive.
2. the battle was not described in the book, as the book has no Robb PoV chapters. Robb's story is told through Catalyn's POV and she wasn't in the fight.
3. its the characters that drive the story...the action is just a bonus.

...in both the books and the show.

I am disappointed however with the way they didn't even let tyrion fight, cuz in the book he at least killed a man or two before getting knocked out. Oh well.

Also, Season 2 will have quite a few brand new main characters and story arcs including Stannis Baratheon and his family on Dragonstone, the mysterious asshai sorceress Melisandre, and Davos Seaworth. There are more but this is just an example. Next season should be good, although I hope they up the budget a bit I don't want them to skimp on the naval warfare. :(

Tyrion and Bronn have more adventures though! haha, more or less.

Please - no more spoilers!

I love this series! Can't wait for the next season!

I started watching this series about four weeks ago and I am completely confused. I have at best a vague idea of who is who and what is going on but things seem to just keep getting more and more complicated.

I didn't like it when Stark went along with the now dead king and killed the faithful wolf. That fact alone softens the impact of Stark being betrayed and beheaded. But I have a vindictive nature and am anxious for the revenge to begin. I want to see that little blond-headed sonofabitch who just became king tossed off a high place, or boiled, or something like that.

I don't know what to make of the dwarf. Should I pity him or despise him? As it is I can't explain why but I want him killed.

The situation with the now-enamored, sexy and pregnant blond Khaleesi is disappointing because it's stretching the plot into the fantasy realm which causes me to lose interest. The witch cutting the horse's throat and squirting blood all over the place to cure the dying barbarian king ("Khal," I think) is offensively stupid. Better she just cooked up some herbal antibiotic.

I'll venture a guess that Khal dies. And because the troublemaker has just been eliminated the Khaleesi is able to assert herself. And because of the royal baby in her belly she becomes accepted as leader and turns the barbarian army against the bad guys.

That's my guess. Which probably is wrong.

as for knowing who everyone is..still dont...i have rewatched most of the shows and read recaps to try to figure it all out.....at least now i know the main characters....i am really dying to know what happens to jamie when they discover stark is dead....and i didnt think he stood up for his daughter's wolf at all....poor showing on his part

Oh. Wait. They kill critters and loyal wolves in this movie? I know it isn't real, but...I can't handle that. So never mind. I don't need to see it. Hell, I got all choked up and totally pissed off at the scenes in Dances With Wolves..the buffalo. The wolf.
I'm not a crier. But when I do, it's floodgates. So I'll just forget all about this movie.

I hope Rob's ascent isn't given short shrift...was a little disappointed that his defeat and capture of Jamie had no action; i think people would have liked to have seen the ambush, but I know that is expensive in an already very expensive and expansive project. I hope Tywin gets a lot of air time in the upcoming episodes, and I think Bronn is the likely a favorite character of the upcoming season.

2. the battle was not described in the book, as the book has no Robb PoV chapters. Robb's story is told through Catalyn's POV and she wasn't in the fight.

I am disappointed however with the way they didn't even let tyrion fight, cuz in the book he at least killed a man or two before getting knocked out. Oh well.

Also, Season 2 will have quite a few brand new main characters and story arcs including Stannis Baratheon and his family on Dragonstone, the mysterious asshai sorceress Melisandre, and Davos Seaworth. There are more but this is just an example. Next season should be good, although I hope they up the budget a bit I don't want them to skimp on the naval warfare. :(

I didn't necessarily need the battle scenes for my own "action flick" taste...I think giving Shae more time in development over the two battles, and emphasizing how big the "lifting of the seige" at Riverrun, and how important it was that Jamie was outfoxed and captured, is a bit of a disservice. The actual battles didn't need to be a Braveheart epic, but they can't be dismissed altogether in lieu of "the Guessing Game" slumber-party (although this version of Bronn is excellent).

I didn't necessarily need the battle scenes for my own "action flick" taste...I think giving Shae more time in development over the two battles, and emphasizing how big the "lifting of the seige" at Riverrun, and how important it was that Jamie was outfoxed and captured, is a bit of a disservice. The actual battles didn't need to be a Braveheart epic, but they can't be dismissed altogether in lieu of "the Guessing Game" slumber-party (although this version of Bronn is excellent).

Unfortunately they've needed to do this too often, leaving out so much in order to try and squeeze everything into a mere 10 episodes.

1st book could have easily gone 25 episodes and as it was they left off the last 2 chapters or so of the first book. But still, an excellent series.

Finally, someone who gets all the Game story lines and characters. I read the books; but my 23 year old didn't and still understands the plots lines. Winter is Coming. Anyone who follows Games gets that quote.

Best HBO series since Sopranos. Except in Games they killed Tony first season.

Finally, someone who gets all the Game story lines and characters. I read the books; but my 23 year old didn't and still understands the plots lines. Winter is Coming. Anyone who follows Games gets that quote.

Best HBO series since Sopranos. Except in Games they killed Tony first season.

Im 23 now but first read the first three books when i was 16...it takes a certain amount of effort, but its worth it...or maybe im just a nerd.

Trust me on this.

You ain't seen nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing about these series is its the most unpredictable series I have ever watched. OK Ollie you convinced me. I am going to read the book (mostly because I can't wait a year to find out what happens)!

***Spoiler****

One thing I am pissed about is that they killed Khal Drogo before you saw him kick some major ass! Looks like the invasion is postponed. I can't wait to see King Joffery get what is coming to him. He plays up the pussy king very well. I can't see Jamie making it too long, I could be mistaken, but then again, anything can happen. I was upset Snow didn't join his brother on the battlefield. It seems like he could be needed. I like the direction Arya is going, I think she is going to end up being a tough broad! The dragon part is very interesting. I wonder how they are going to go with that one! Could be very interesting!

One prediction: Tyrion joins the Starks, I can cross my fingers!

Last edited:
i knew from the chit chat on this thread that the eggs hatched....but i was still just spellbound by the whole thing...

o and who was the nekkid old man with the young woman babbling about the king?

Forum List

Back