Galvatron/Cyclonus: Corruption and Gravity

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Do ethnic minorities in America enjoy working at fast-food chains (e.g., Burger King)? How do we measure consumerism trends against population movements (e.g., Las Vegas)?

Here's a mock-dialogue I wrote between two fictional shrewd A.I. robots (Galvatron and Cyclonus) from the robotics fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers (Hasbro) and a hypothetical argumentative 'super-computer' about the philosophical (and sociological) analysis of the concept of 'corruption' (as it relates to consumerism and urbanization). Galvatron represents stern government and Cyclonus represents calculating individualism, so our hypothetical 'inquisitive super-computer' represents the 'Devil's Advocate.'

There must be a link between corruption and leadership. What would our capitalism-subjective U.S. President (Donald Trump) say?

====

GALVATRON: Why have you brought us to your underground lair with your haunting electronic signal?
COMPUTER: I want you to analyze corruption in urban environments.

CYCLONUS: Are you generating an algorithm for panic-based social-control?
COMPUTER: I want to make rule and obedience more efficient.

GALVATRON: Don't you think corruption analysis requires an evaluation of unpredictability?
COMPUTER: There are common denominators for the assessment of 'forms of chaos.'

CYCLONUS: I see, so you're saying that even chaotic motion exhibits perceptible trends.
COMPUTER: That's correct. Without any trend-fingerprint, a moving object is simply invisible.

GALVATRON: Why don't you generate therefore a sociological metric for frequency of congruences?
COMPUTER: I need a way to measure the behavior of systems that contain objects 'almost similar.'

CYCLONUS: So if a system has three objects that are nearly-congruent, there is perceptible compatibility?
COMPUTER: Correct, but if the system contains objects that are all uniform, then there is no event/variation.

GALVATRON: Then it seems you're interested in the calculation of crime among ethnic minorities in cities.
COMPUTER: Among other things, yes, but I'm also interested in the proportion between crime and population.

CYCLONUS: Corruption analysis implies an evaluation of frequency of anti-social behavior among groups.
COMPUTER: How are groups compatible in cities that cater to commerce (e.g., San Francisco)?

GALVATRON: Conditional contracts (e.g., commerce) create 'parameters' of trust and betrayal.
COMPUTER: Mercantilism is not equivalent to entertainment.

CYCLONUS: If a toy-merchant sells water-guns to inner-city youth surrounded by crime, such toys will sell.
COMPUTER: Can I liken corruption to weakness?

GALVATRON: Sometimes corruption teaches a mind how to be resilient and self-correcting.
COMPUTER: Resilience is not equivalent to anticipation.

CYCLONUS: Some groups may be more resilient than others, based on experience and training.
COMPUTER: Does experience improve performance in work requiring anticipation of frailty?

GALVATRON: You should look at salaries of ethnic minorities in commercial cities.
COMPUTER: Do all cities exhibit the same trends regarding labor and production?

CYCLONUS: Environmental adaptation is related to urban development (e.g., Las Vegas).
COMPUTER: "Washington was built on a swamp."

GALVATRON: Corruption can be addressed with 'consumerism metrics.'
COMPUTER: You're correct. Starbucks, Facebook, Amazon.com (etc.) cater to unique consumer preferences.

CYCLONUS: There may be a universal connection between cholesterol and fatigue.
COMPUTER: Consumption is connected to digestibility...I am satisfied.

====

gv-cy.jpg

computer.jpg

SMS Culture (Graffiti/Nerdism?)

====

GALVATRON: Isn't the popularity of SMS technology (in the 21st Century) interesting?
CYCLONUS: I believe it represents an intelligentsia focus on ''sub-culture dioramas."

GALVATRON: Yale students prefer the accessible features of a campus-connecting SMS network.
CYCLONUS: Communication is 'chic' now.

GALVATRON: 'Populism-doodling' (e.g., Dick Tracy) is ''avatar-friendly."
CYCLONUS: Consumerism convenience is a bureaucratic achievement.

GALVATRON: Do you believe in design/stylistics marketing (in tech)?
CYCLONUS: I do not mind public presentations of profit-driven social activity.

GALVATRON: Facebook is a tremendous achievement.
CYCLONUS: Much can be credited to the accomplishments of Steve Jobs.

GALVATRON: Jobs changed 'tech-toy design' imagination.
CYCLONUS: However simple, his 'innovations' made people 'light-hearted' about Orwellian tech-use!

====

bl.jpg phone.jpg

Forum List

Back