Gallup: Most Americans favor Obama's economic proposals

I see you sidestepped the fact that America does not agree with you (or didn't in 2010). By this time in 1983, the dems realized they were totally hosed. Ronny was going in on a red carpet. He was a good president.

To say Obama is a bad president is giving him to much credit.

I don't blame Obama for what happened in 2010. I blame the democrats.

You truly only believe what you want to believe.

Can you even explain why you think I am wrong?

Too vague. How am I supposed to take your answer seriously?

And anyone who has watched Fox News knows about Solyndra.

Nobody has proven that any of these proposals will work. More spin.

Just like the failed stimulus.

So...just because they sound good means nothing.

It's amazing you cons won't give him credit for anything. A couple of those policies are rather conservative.

The stimulus did not fail. I don't understand why you people cannot wrap your minds around that. See the first link in my signature.

You're right, the stimulus kept unemployment below 8%, as promised. :cuckoo:

The article is almost a month old. I think a lot more Americans agree with Obama than posters here will admit but Gallup has been off the mark lately and I just don't care for that pollster anymore.

It's amazing you cons won't give him credit for anything. A couple of those policies are rather conservative.

The stimulus did not fail. I don't understand why you people cannot wrap your minds around that. See the first link in my signature.

That figure was a projection - not a promise. At that time, economists believed the recession was predictable. It turned out not to be.

Obama himself said two years ago that he predicted the unemployment rate would jump to 10% in the coming years.

Let's also not forget that we have had 23 months of private sector growth. There is no proof that Obama's polices are the reason for the unemployment rate to jump.

That figure was a projection - not a promise. At that time, economists believed the recession was predictable. It turned out not to be.

Obama himself said two years ago that he predicted the unemployment rate would jump to 10% in the coming years.

Let's also not forget that we have had 23 months of private sector growth. There is no proof that Obama's polices are the reason for the unemployment rate to jump.

That figure was a projection - not a promise.

How much did we waste on that crappy projection? On that crappy stimulus?

I've read that drivel before.

The academic economics are like scientists (you know that breed that liberals are always so fond of telling us are predominantly "not republican"). The only problem is that most engineers are conservatives (engineers those guys who have title the definition of which includes "economic" meaning they have to make it work cost effectively).

He gets credit for a great deal.

He wiped his ass with the constituion...then lost an iron clad house in two years. The only reason he didn't lose the senate is because the GOP somehow got some nominees out of the local assylums.

You truly only believe what you want to believe. Obama certainly isn't perfect, but to say he is a bad president is way off base.

He is a horrifically bad president.

The ends do not justify the means.

It wouldn't matter if he employed 100% of America and saved the economies of the U.S., all of Europe, and beyond.

Not if he can't do it without violating the constitution.

And since he has already violated the constitution in multiple ways he has already beyond bad.

Last edited:
The proposals he laid out in the State of the Union, specifically.

Giving tax breaks to corporations who create domestic manfucturing jobs: 82% of those surveyed approve

Increasing Federal government spending for education and job training for the long-term employled: 75% of those surveyed approve

Pressuring China to allow fairer trade between the US and China: 69% of those surveyed approve

Increasing federal government spending to support the development of alternative energy sources: 64% of those surveyed approve

Increasing federal income taxes on upper-income Americans: 63% of those surveyed approve

Post-State of the Union Analysis
Yeah, he reads a good speech.

But to normal people, that's not enough. Let's see what he actually does.

You have to wonder if they asked it was a good idea to keep raising the debt ceiling and pulling forward the day social security goes bust ?
Obama said raising it was a good thing, so they believed him. Automatically. Unthinkingly.

Of course, when you post Senator Obama's quote saying raising the debt ceiling was a failure in leadership, somehow, that magically doesn't apply to The One.

I've read that drivel before.

The academic economics are like scientists (you know that breed that liberals are always so fond of telling us are predominantly "not republican"). The only problem is that most engineers are conservatives (engineers those guys who have title the definition of which includes "economic" meaning they have to make it work cost effectively).

He gets credit for a great deal.

He wiped his ass with the constituion...then lost an iron clad house in two years. The only reason he didn't lose the senate is because the GOP somehow got some nominees out of the local assylums.

You truly only believe what you want to believe. Obama certainly isn't perfect, but to say he is a bad president is way off base.
Perhaps you should report him to ATTACK WATCH!

I hear for every 10 denunciations, you get a free pair of jackboots.

Too vague. How am I supposed to take your answer seriously?

And anyone who has watched Fox News knows about Solyndra.

Which policies do you think are conservative?

Most Americans would tell you would like a free ice cream cone. If someone failed to tell you it was stuck to a dogs ass and that is how you have to eat it......you'd say sure.

Reveal the location and the poll changes altogether.

Not if he can't do it without violating the constitution.

And since he has already violated the constitution in multiple ways he has already beyond bad.

You guys keep saying that but never show how he has violated the Constitution.

Can we get an example or two?

I started a list here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/207972-obamocracy-love-it-or-leave-it.html

What's your favorite Obama abuse of power?

Obamacare
Depriving American citizens of due process
Unilaterally declaring the Senate in recess
Ordering Catholics to pay for birth control, sterilization and abortifacients
Cute list. None of those show Obama violating the Constitution though.

So, can I get a few examples?

You guys keep saying that but never show how he has violated the Constitution.

Can we get an example or two?

I started a list here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/207972-obamocracy-love-it-or-leave-it.html

Obamacare

Violation of at least 3 amendments in there: 1st, 5th, 10th.

He also overstepped the powers granted to him in Article 2, in violation of the powers given the Senate in Article 1.

Last edited:

Obamacare

He also overstepped the powers granted to him in Article 2, in violation of the powers given the Senate in Article 1.

Your first two examples were passed by Congress.
Your third was not a violation but an observation.
Your fourth does not violate the First Amendment because what you are saying didn't happen.

Your first two examples were passed by Congress.
Your third was not a violation but an observation.
Your fourth does not violate the First Amendment because what you are saying didn't happen.

The targeting of Al-awlaki without even a pro forma indictment when the government didn't have enough on him to put him in jail for more than 15 years was passed by Congress?

The first item was passed by Congress at his behest and signed by him, in contradiction to his own assurances about the issue back when he still acknowledged that it would be wrong.

Catholic institutions who self-insure will not have to pay for services which violate Catholic tenets? Even if you are correct on that in spite of what I have heard to the contrary, he did violate the 1st amendment and then attempted to walk it back. He does not get credit for upholding the constitution when only public outcry holds him back from violating it.

The Supreme Court will be deciding over the course of the next several years how extensive Obama's abrogation of the Constitution has been.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back