Gallup: 55% Oppose Re-election of Obama

no, it's a refusal to participate in intellectual theft.

as stunningly bad as most of the crap that you post here is, it isn't even your own, so why would one discuss it with you, who can't articulate your thoughts with your own words?

get real asswipe. when one posts their own thoughts and opinions some asswipe from your left hand side of the isle demands ,,,,,, guess what??? a cut and paste link.. you're just picking on PC cause you don't like her.

my side of the aisle?

:lol:

good one, have a cookie.

turn you egg lefty.

the first one you write yourself is always special. :lol:

good luck with it

helpful hint: ctrl-c, ctrl-v won't do it :thup:

I probably shouldn’t tell you, but it’s so flattering every time one of you tacitly admits that they are unable to deal with the substance of my post…and can only comment on the form.
A white flag, is it?

as stunningly bad as most of the crap that you post here is, it isn't even your own, so why would one discuss it with you, who can't articulate your thoughts with your own words?

What a dumb retort.

There is not theft, the items are sourced.

Are you pretending that I've selected the items at random?
Hardly.

"...so why would one discuss it with you,..."
Because one is able.
Aren't you?

For your edification, 'articulate' means to express an idea, 'to express in words.'
Online Etymology Dictionary
Which I do.

My analysis is that my point is clearly expressed, and supported, articuated, but you don't agree with the perspective....and take a lazy path toward said disagreement.

I look forward to the day you confront the ideas rather than take the easy way out.

I probably shouldn’t tell you, but it’s so flattering every time one of you tacitly admits that they are unable to deal with the substance of my post…and can only comment on the form.
A white flag, is it?

What a dumb retort.

Hardly.

Because one is able.
Aren't you?

For your edification, 'articulate' means to express an idea, 'to express in words.'
Which I do.

My analysis is that my point is clearly expressed, and supported, articuated, but you don't agree with the perspective....and take a lazy path toward said disagreement.

I look forward to the day you confront the ideas rather than take the easy way out.

he doesn't say a fucking word when his left hand buddies cut and paste. that tells you all you need to know

I don't dispute this poll, Obama kinda sux and most people can agree on that.
Yet Fox put out two polls today showing Obama beating both Gingrich (by 6) and Romney (by 2).
Aparently the crappy GOP field sux even more then Obama.

I don't dispute this poll, Obama kinda sux and most people can agree on that.
Yet Fox put out two polls today showing Obama beating both Gingrich (by 6) and Romney (by 2).
Aparently the crappy GOP field sux even more then Obama.

nobody sux more than obama

A white flag, is it?

What a dumb retort.

Hardly.

Because one is able.
Aren't you?

Which I do.

when you use your own words, get back to me.

i won't be holding my breath.

What a dumb retort.

Hardly.

Because one is able.
Aren't you?

Which I do.

when you use your own words, get back to me.

i won't be holding my breath.

Is that rule just for her? or is it for all posters. Use your own words.

my shit stains are smarter than you.....Hell my shits have more honor and fortitude than you.

You really believe it despite that being one of the stupidest and most dishonest things Ive ever seen.

What? Shut up beckite

You really have a hard time coming up with insults that are actually insulting and that don't make you look like a little child, don't you?

Why are you so angry? People disagree with you. They insult you. That's their problem unless, of course, you choose to make it your problem as well.

No point letting people determine whether you get angry or not. Why give them that power if you truly think so little of them?

You really believe it despite that being one of the stupidest and most dishonest things Ive ever seen.

What? Shut up beckite

You really have a hard time coming up with insults that are actually insulting and that don't make you look like a little child, don't you?

Why are you so angry? People disagree with you. They insult you. That's their problem unless, of course, you choose to make it your problem as well.

No point letting people determine whether you get angry or not. Why give them that power if you truly think so little of them?

he's just having a little meltdown. leave him be. he's a c ow..

More Than 4 in 10 Say Obama Deserves Re-Election

1. "Voters' views about President Obama's re-election fall in between their views of most members of Congress and of their local representative. Forty-three percent say Obama deserves to be re-elected, while 55% say he does not. The "deserves" percentage is slightly lower than Gallup measured in August and May of this year, but above the low point of 37% measured in October 2010."

2. And this is testimony to firm decisons by those who responded. Only 2% couldn't make a choice.

3. And Gallup's results are based on 'registered voters' not the more valid 'likely voters:'
"Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Nov. 28-Dec. 1, 2011, with a random sample of 1,012 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

For results based on the total sample of 903 registered voters used in this analysis, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points."
Record High Anti-Incumbent Sentiment Toward Congress

4. Interesting that Gallup hid the negative news way down in the poll, after questions and graphs about whether or not Obama deserves re-election. Wouldn't you think that the question about the President's chances would be prime news?
You think it's an accident, huh?

First, Obama-supporters...say bye-bye to the Pres.
Next, analyze why your choice was such a blunder....
...what does it say about your politics?

Then apologize.

This is a big reason why "President Gingrich" or "President Perry" or "President Huckabee" is / would have been a real possibility.

I think the Republicans are going to sweep next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Dems made gains in the House.

You are the first one I've seen to suggest that the House might be in play.

But I see a reason why, based on economics, you might wish for that....

1. The two periods of fiscal responsibility in six decades were the Eisenhower and the Clinton administrations, periods during which the presidency and Congress were controlled by different parties. William A. Niskanen, “A Case For Divided Government,” A Case for Divided Government | William A. Niskanen | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

2. The worst spending periods were those with one party in charge.

a. a. 1967 and 1968, LBJ and the Democrats, spending increased 11.6% a year. Historical Tables | The White House (table 1.1)

3. The largest average decrease came in 1955 and 1956, with spending decreasing an average 4.2% a year. Eisenhower was President, with Democrats in charge in Congress. Ibid.

4. If you don’t want to see expansion of government, gridlock is good.

5. In 1997, the most promising budget reform in American history died aborning! President Clinton and House Speaker Newt Gingrich secretly created a abipartisan plan to permanently rin in Social Security and Medicare. It would provide Social Security personal accounts and convert Medicare into a market-based, premium support program. The idea was for Clinton to offer the plan during his Januar 1998 State of the Union address, and Gingrich to endorse it.

What happened? Six days before the Clinton speech the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. Steve M. Gillon, “The Pact: Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the Rivalry that Defined a Generation.”
If Obama was less of an ideologue, an more like Clinton, he'd be a shoo-in.
That's the difference beteen what folks expected and what they got.

I'm not so sure.

I generally loathe one party controlling everything. And the Republicans were just stunningly awful in 02-06.

The problem is that the Democrats have been even worse! Whatever you might think about the GOP, at least they had their shit together enough to pass a budget.

Also, I think this country needs decisive action. And given that the Democrats controlled everything in 08-10, and their response was to enact a bunch of activist legislation without much regard for future budgets (near term deficits are fine) when they should have been laser-focused on the economy, I see no reason why this crew should be given the keys to the kingdom again, at least for awhile.

I do believe that following a Tea Party agenda will drive us back into recession. However, the medicine they will offer will be good for the country long term. The imbalances in the economy which have caused this mess are slowly righting themselves. Thus, though we will go through some pain for awhile, we will exit stronger. And we will exit, even if the Republicans delay the recovery for a year or two. The Democrats have not offered a credible plan to deal with the long-term financial issues facing this country. And I think a divided Congress will stymie the reforms that the GOP will want to implement.

But they will have to do it fairly quickly because I believe there will be a good chance the Democrats win back both houses in 2014, making President Romney/Gingrich/Perry/Paul/Trump a lame duck until the 2016 election, which he will most likely win.

Last edited:
What? Shut up beckite

he's just having a little meltdown. leave him be. he's a c ow..

I would, but he's constantly having one.

A white flag, is it?

Not in the least, because people HAVE commented on the substance of your posts. I have on other threads myself, and others have on this one although I have not.

But I noticed that when someone does that, all you are able to come back with are personal insults. So I wasn't really commenting on the fact that you cut-and-paste your OPs, but on the fact that, when you actually write in your own words, you never seem to have anything of substance to say. Which suggests that cutting and pasting is all you're up to doing. It suggests you don't really understand the logic behind what you post, because when challenged you are unable to defend it.

EDIT: Actually, I did on this one, too. Sorry, got confused about which thread it was.

Last edited:
This is a big reason why "President Gingrich" or "President Perry" or "President Huckabee" is / would have been a real possibility.

I think the Republicans are going to sweep next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Dems made gains in the House.

You are the first one I've seen to suggest that the House might be in play.

But I see a reason why, based on economics, you might wish for that....

1. The two periods of fiscal responsibility in six decades were the Eisenhower and the Clinton administrations, periods during which the presidency and Congress were controlled by different parties. William A. Niskanen, “A Case For Divided Government,” A Case for Divided Government | William A. Niskanen | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

2. The worst spending periods were those with one party in charge.

a. a. 1967 and 1968, LBJ and the Democrats, spending increased 11.6% a year. Historical Tables | The White House (table 1.1)

3. The largest average decrease came in 1955 and 1956, with spending decreasing an average 4.2% a year. Eisenhower was President, with Democrats in charge in Congress. Ibid.

4. If you don’t want to see expansion of government, gridlock is good.

5. In 1997, the most promising budget reform in American history died aborning! President Clinton and House Speaker Newt Gingrich secretly created a abipartisan plan to permanently rin in Social Security and Medicare. It would provide Social Security personal accounts and convert Medicare into a market-based, premium support program. The idea was for Clinton to offer the plan during his Januar 1998 State of the Union address, and Gingrich to endorse it.

What happened? Six days before the Clinton speech the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. Steve M. Gillon, “The Pact: Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the Rivalry that Defined a Generation.”
If Obama was less of an ideologue, an more like Clinton, he'd be a shoo-in.
That's the difference beteen what folks expected and what they got.

I'm not so sure.

I generally loathe one party controlling everything. And the Republicans were just stunningly awful in 02-06.

The problem is that the Democrats have been even worse! Whatever you might think about the GOP, at least they had their shit together enough to pass a budget.

Also, I think this country needs decisive action. And given that the Democrats controlled everything in 08-10, and their response was to enact a bunch of activist legislation without much regard for future budgets (near term deficits are fine) when they should have been laser-focused on the economy, I see no reason why this crew should be given the keys to the kingdom again, at least for awhile.

I do believe that following a Tea Party agenda will drive us back into recession. However, the medicine they will offer will be good for the country long term. The imbalances in the economy which have caused this mess are slowly righting themselves. Thus, though we will go through some pain for awhile, we will exit stronger. And we will exit, even if the Republicans delay the recovery for a year or two. The Democrats have not offered a credible plan to deal with the long-term financial issues facing this country. And I think a divided Congress will stymie the reforms that the GOP will want to implement.

But they will have to do it fairly quickly because I believe there will be a good chance the Democrats win back both houses in 2014, making President Romney/Gingrich/Perry/Paul/Trump a lame duck until the 2016 election, which he will most likely win.

Sounds like an admission that you yourself also believe the GOP is deliberately sabotaging any kind of economic recovery for electoral gain.

Sounds like an admission that you yourself also believe the GOP is deliberately sabotaging any kind of economic recovery for electoral gain.

No, I do not believe the Republicans are deliberately sabotaging the economy. I believe the Republicans genuinely believe that their remedies are the best answers for America' malaise.

No, I do not believe the Republicans are deliberately sabotaging the economy. I believe the Republicans genuinely believe that their remedies are the best answers for America' malaise.

And to enact those remedies...

Forum List

Back