Gallagher in coma after heart attack

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
If you don't know who pop-star Gallagher is I'll give you a hint. You better wear a rain coat if you are seated in the first couple of rows in his concert. He was also one of about 300 candidates to run for Ca. Gov a couple of years ago finishing 16. His spokespeople say that the 65 year old is in a medically induced coma after suffering a heart attack before a meet and greet appearance a couple of days ago.

If you don't know who pop-star Gallagher is I'll give you a hint. You better wear a rain coat if you are seated in the first couple of rows in his concert. He was also one of about 300 candidates to run for Ca. Gov a couple of years ago finishing 16. His spokespeople say that the 65 year old is in a medically induced coma after suffering a heart attack before a meet and greet appearance a couple of days ago.

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard about this till you did.

One funny man who had a unique way of dealing with watermelons. :D

Cracking up just thinking about his shows. Hope he gets well enough to whack one more.

"...gallagher in a coma, I know, I know, it's serious..."

...little shout out to the Smiths, there...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5b_V68mQ9k]The Smiths - Girlfriend In A Coma (Official Promo Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Gallagher's condition improving...
:clap2:
Gallagher Out of Coma: "So Far, So Good," Says Comic's Manager
Sun., Mar. 18, 2012 - Gallagher is on the mend.
The watemelon-smashing comedian, whose full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, was rushed to the hospital earlier this week after suffering a heart attack, and he has now been taken out of a medically induced coma, the comedian's manager Christina Scherrer confirms to E! News.

What else does she have to say? "We're not sure how long the doctors will want him to stay yet," Scherrer tells E! News of Gallagher's current condition. "So far so good, can't wait to have him back!" Gallagher is able to breathe on his own, move around and has even started cracking jokes, Scherrer confirmed.

The comedian was rushed to a Texas hospital on Wednesday night after suffering a heart attack and was placed in a medically induced coma. Gallagher, 65, complained of chest pains just prior to performing at a club in Lewisville. Last year, Gallagher suffered a heart attack during a show at the Whiskey Bone Roadhouse in Minnesota.

Read more: Gallagher Out of Coma: "So Far, So Good," Says Comic's Manager - E! Online

See also:

Gallagher Released From Hospital After Heart Attack
Wed., Mar. 21, 2012 - Well, back to the ole sledgehammer.
Watermelon-smashing comedian Gallagher was released from a Texas hospital today, one week after suffering a heart attack before a gig in Lewisville. The Los Angeles-based funnyman is with his family and will be staying in the Dallas area while he's on the mend, according to his manager.

Not bad for a guy who had two stents replaced and was just taken out of a medically induced coma on Sunday! "Surprise, I'm still here!" Gallagher told a TMZ camera on his way out of the hospital.

"But in Texas, you get a deal: You get the heart transplant and the hair transplant," he joked, moving his umbrella to reveal a patch of grass sitting atop his gray curls. "I think I look pretty." Well, he looks very alive—and that's what is really important.

Read more: Gallagher Released From Hospital After Heart Attack - E! Online

Guess its safe for watermelons now...
:tongue:
Comedian Gallagher to retire from performing live
March 23, 2012 — The comedian Gallagher says he's had his fill of performing live onstage and is retiring after 32 years.
The Los Angeles-based comedian, whose full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, told an Ohio radio station on Thursday that his retirement plans include posting his writings online and possibly appearing at private parties.

Gallagher is known for smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer. He had a heart attack March 14 before a performance at a suburban Dallas bar. He came out of a medically induced coma this week and was released from a hospital Wednesday.

He told Scott Spears of WDCM in Marion that it sometimes didn't matter how clever his jokes were if the audience couldn't hold their liquor. He said the job is like "baby-sitting people who can't handle alcohol."

Comedian Gallagher to retire from performing live | CNSNews.com

Forum List

Back