Gabby Giffords returned to vote on todays bill

A question: Do any of you believe that there is a senator or congressman that deserves the bullet? Anyone so tyrannical, deeds so vile and that they'd deserve to be the target of an assassin's bullet? Truth time. Obviously this woman did not.

A question: Do any of you believe that there is a senator or congressman that deserves the bullet? Anyone so tyrannical, deeds so vile and that they'd deserve to be the target of an assassin's bullet? Truth time. Obviously this woman did not.

A question: who ever said or even implied that they did? What possible motivation could there be for even asking such an asinine and irrelevant question?

wtf????
please don't insult us here. all some of think is she should of stepped down because she had SERIOUS injuries.

wtf????
please don't insult us here. all some of think is she should of stepped down because she had SERIOUS injuries.

I also think she and the Democrat Party should have more respect and concern for the people of Arizona's 8th Congressional District and their Constitutional rights.

My point was simply that there are many among us that are so polarized that they would like to see someone get offed. I was just wondering if they had the guts to step up. I'm not insulting any of you, calm down, it's all good. I don't give a flip about Giffords other than to say that bad luck has to land on someone and it sucks that it landed on her but that's life.

wtf????

I also think she and the Democrat Party should have more respect and concern for the people of Arizona's 8th Congressional District and their Constitutional rights.

I agree,
they don't care about Representation OF the people, they only CARE about keeping their NUMBERS.

Easy for you to say. YOU aren't one of her constituents, suffering through all this momentous upheaval for almost a year without representation in the House because the Democrat Party thinks holding onto their numbers is more important than your Constitutional right to representation.

How have your Constitutional rights been ‘violated’? Have you filed suit in Federal court accordingly? What evidence do you have that Giffords is not fulfilling her responsibilities? What evidence do you have the Democratic Party is acting in an inappropriate manner?

Note, we’re talking about actual, documented, objective evidence; not your subjective opinion as a partisan hack.

Otherwise, you’ll have the opportunity to not vote for her again next year, as the voters of your district will decide whether she’s competent to serve.

My point was simply that there are many among us that are so polarized that they would like to see someone get offed. I was just wondering if they had the guts to step up. I'm not insulting any of you, calm down, it's all good. I don't give a flip about Giffords other than to say that bad luck has to land on someone and it sucks that it landed on her but that's life.

Oh, really? There are "many among us" who "would like to see someone get offed"? Name one. Just one.

It's insulting that you think you can make definitive statements like that about the inhabitants of this board. I hold a great many of them in immense contempt, and even I would never dream of casually making such an accusation as though it was a foregone conclusion without having seen a single word to that effect.

You may not give a flip, but Giffords is MY Representative, and I DO give a flip, and I'll thank you not to use my city and state's tragedy as a casual springboard for your offensive, pointless garbage.

Easy for you to say. YOU aren't one of her constituents, suffering through all this momentous upheaval for almost a year without representation in the House because the Democrat Party thinks holding onto their numbers is more important than your Constitutional right to representation.

How have your Constitutional rights been ‘violated’? Have you filed suit in Federal court accordingly? What evidence do you have that Giffords is not fulfilling her responsibilities? What evidence do you have the Democratic Party is acting in an inappropriate manner?

Note, we’re talking about actual, documented, objective evidence; not your subjective opinion as a partisan hack.

Otherwise, you’ll have the opportunity to not vote for her again next year, as the voters of your district will decide whether she’s competent to serve.

Even YOU aren't this fucking stupid.

The citizens of this country have a Constitutional right to representation in Congress; even a Constitutional naif like you must realize that. The citizens of Arizona's 8th Congressional District, however, have no representation in the House, and haven't had for almost a year, nor have we any idea how much longer that situation might pertain.

If having Constitutional rights is directly dependent on filing suit in federal court, you might want to hotfoot it down to OWS and tell THEM that, because I don't believe they've done so on behalf of the rights THEY keep chanting about.

What evidence do I have that Giffords hasn't been fulfilling her responsibilities? Seriously?! What fucking planet have you been on since January of this year? The woman was SHOT IN THE HEAD! She's been in rehab in TEXAS since a month or two after the shooting! Texas isn't Arizona, and it isn't Washington DC, which means she hasn't been home communicating with her constituents OR showing up for House sessions in that time. And since one can't exactly hire a temp to fill in for an absent Representative, that would mean her district is going unrepresented, doesn't it?

I feel certain at least some of this has been in the news where you live. Duhhh.

What evidence do I have that the Democrat Party has acted inappropriately? How about the fact that they've made no effort to provide for the lack of representation we're currently experiencing? How about even the merest SHADOW of a hint that they might run her for re-election for a job she's not doing NOW, simply to use sympathy to hold onto the seat?

Again, duhhh.

You have reached a new low of stupidity and contempt for the Constitution of the United States. It is simply breathtaking.

Oh, really? There are "many among us" who "would like to see someone get offed"? Name one. Just one.

It's insulting that you think you can make definitive statements like that about the inhabitants of this board. I hold a great many of them in immense contempt, and even I would never dream of casually making such an accusation as though it was a foregone conclusion without having seen a single word to that effect.

You may not give a flip, but Giffords is MY Representative, and I DO give a flip, and I'll thank you not to use my city and state's tragedy as a casual springboard for your offensive, pointless garbage.

You made a choice to be insulted. When I said "among us" I meant just that "among us". That wasn't a partisan stab. There are many among "us" so filled with hate that they'd love to see a politician dead but lack the fortitude to admit it. Yes, I used this woman's plight as a springboard for that question. It's regrettable that you have such fragile sensibilities.

You made a choice to be insulted. When I said "among us" I meant just that "among us". That wasn't a partisan stab. There are many among "us" so filled with hate that they'd love to see a politician dead but lack the fortitude to admit it. Yes, I used this woman's plight as a springboard for that question. It's regrettable that you have such fragile sensibilities.

Riiiight. If you're eating in a restaurant, and I walk in and drop a dog turd in the middle of your table, it's strictly "your choice" to be offended. No fault accrues to me for being offensive and inappropriate.

There is no "us", ass clown. There are the regular members of this board, and then there is the newbie dickwad who presumed to prance his candy ass in here and start making outrageous, totally uncalled-for assertions about everyone else. You have told us nothing relevant or true about the members of this board. You have only told us about you.

And what you have told me is that you will never be someone who has anything to say that I wish to have on my screen. Begone, trash.

Even YOU aren't this fucking stupid.

The citizens of this country have a Constitutional right to representation in Congress; even a Constitutional naif like you must realize that. The citizens of Arizona's 8th Congressional District, however, have no representation in the House, and haven't had for almost a year, nor have we any idea how much longer that situation might pertain.

If having Constitutional rights is directly dependent on filing suit in federal court, you might want to hotfoot it down to OWS and tell THEM that, because I don't believe they've done so on behalf of the rights THEY keep chanting about.

What evidence do I have that Giffords hasn't been fulfilling her responsibilities? Seriously?! What fucking planet have you been on since January of this year? The woman was SHOT IN THE HEAD! She's been in rehab in TEXAS since a month or two after the shooting! Texas isn't Arizona, and it isn't Washington DC, which means she hasn't been home communicating with her constituents OR showing up for House sessions in that time. And since one can't exactly hire a temp to fill in for an absent Representative, that would mean her district is going unrepresented, doesn't it?

I feel certain at least some of this has been in the news where you live. Duhhh.

What evidence do I have that the Democrat Party has acted inappropriately? How about the fact that they've made no effort to provide for the lack of representation we're currently experiencing? How about even the merest SHADOW of a hint that they might run her for re-election for a job she's not doing NOW, simply to use sympathy to hold onto the seat?

Again, duhhh.

You have reached a new low of stupidity and contempt for the Constitution of the United States. It is simply breathtaking.

That was certainly a pathetic and childish response, however expected.

You are indeed a partisan hack, you provided no objective evidence in support of your ‘argument,’ and had Giffords been a republican subject to the same tragedy, you’d be posting in defense of her retaining her seat.

Forum List

Back