Funnelling money back to the rich. Trump's policy.

Trump hasn't taken office yet, but already his picks are showing what his main policy is. To make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

In charge of education he wants DeVos who is a strong advocate for school vouchers. Vouchers are basically a ways of giving money to rich parents who can already send their kids to private school. So now they get money off their private school, and it won't do anything for most kids in the US.

Tom Price, who Trump will nominate to be in charge of Health, has sent through the last 3 Congresses a bill which would see people get reduced insurance bills, unless of course you have a problem in which case Price doesn't give a fuck about you and you'll have such a large insurance bill that you'll essentially die, unless of course you're rich.

Trump said he was having a revolution, that he was an outsider. So his pick for Treasury is a banker. The very people who caused all the problems that people could have supposed that a change, a revolution, would do away with. And he will essentially be carry out tax cuts for the wealthy.

For Attorney General there is Jeff Sessions. A guy who voted against a bill to prevent cruel, inhumane, or degrading punishment under the control of the US govt. He has a zero rating from the Human Rights Campaign. Well we know Trump has no idea about Human Rights, so to pick someone who doesn't give a damn about them or the Constitution is telling.

Basically the rich will get richer, and the poor are stuffed. The President won't represent anyone who isn't in the top 10%.

What the fuck our you fear mongering about? What the fuck did obozo do? He made wall street rich and fucked over main street

Did he? Are people poorer now than they were after Bush had got done with it all?
Double the national debt in 8 short years....where did all that money go?

Not a tough question to answer, but if you are deluded, it might be.

Trump hasn't taken office yet, but already his picks are showing what his main policy is. To make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

In charge of education he wants DeVos who is a strong advocate for school vouchers. Vouchers are basically a ways of giving money to rich parents who can already send their kids to private school. So now they get money off their private school, and it won't do anything for most kids in the US.

Tom Price, who Trump will nominate to be in charge of Health, has sent through the last 3 Congresses a bill which would see people get reduced insurance bills, unless of course you have a problem in which case Price doesn't give a fuck about you and you'll have such a large insurance bill that you'll essentially die, unless of course you're rich.

Trump said he was having a revolution, that he was an outsider. So his pick for Treasury is a banker. The very people who caused all the problems that people could have supposed that a change, a revolution, would do away with. And he will essentially be carry out tax cuts for the wealthy.

For Attorney General there is Jeff Sessions. A guy who voted against a bill to prevent cruel, inhumane, or degrading punishment under the control of the US govt. He has a zero rating from the Human Rights Campaign. Well we know Trump has no idea about Human Rights, so to pick someone who doesn't give a damn about them or the Constitution is telling.

Basically the rich will get richer, and the poor are stuffed. The President won't represent anyone who isn't in the top 10%.

What the fuck our you fear mongering about? What the fuck did obozo do? He made wall street rich and fucked over main street

Did he? Are people poorer now than they were after Bush had got done with it all?

Now it dawns on you I am correct and are making a fool out of yourself?

I could go on how obama fuck over the middle class.

You cannot compare Chile to the US. We (or I) don't know what the standards are for the vouchers and private schools catering to students below grade level performance. The vouchers should be limited to those families under a certain income.

Vouchers will work students who can handle the standards of a private school. As a teacher in the inner city, teachers would sometimes seek tuition scholarships to private schools for the most advanced students in their classrooms.

But we still have a crisis in the public schools. I personally feel that the public schools have so much superfluous non academic time spent on social engineering. We need to spend the day only on academics and forget the non educational nonsense going on.

Yes I can compare Chile to the US thank you very much.

You say vouchers work. PROVE IT. Whenever vouchers have been used nationally it's been a failure.

This is my argument. You have an argument and you've backed it up with NOTHING.

Now you're saying vouchers should be limited to families under a certain income. That isn't going to happen. Why? Because the people who propose vouchers do so for one reason, and that reason is to funnel money to the rich.

Why have vouchers for poor students? Why not just allow them to choose any public school they like and IMPROVE THE STANDARD OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

You think public schools spend too much time on social engineering? I'd say they clearly don't spend enough time on this.
We are both talking about improving the standards of the public schools, but with unions, it is hard. They protect the bad teachers and as the president of the Federation of Teachers once said, "I'll be interested in the students when they pay my salary."

Yes, it is hard to improve things with the unions. Vouchers doesn't necessarily change that. In Chile they got rid of unions, it was a dictatorship, and standards didn't improve.

The UK has education unions and the unions work to improve education.

Then why are the teachers unions a failure here?
It is is a union and only considers the working conditions and salary of the teachers. They protect all of their members regardless of whether or not they are good at their job. Teacher unions do not have the students as their primary concern, or even the quality of education. Unions do not belong in education. Professional organizations are what is needed to improve the quality of the educational experience.

You cannot compare Chile to the US. We (or I) don't know what the standards are for the vouchers and private schools catering to students below grade level performance. The vouchers should be limited to those families under a certain income.

Vouchers will work students who can handle the standards of a private school. As a teacher in the inner city, teachers would sometimes seek tuition scholarships to private schools for the most advanced students in their classrooms.

But we still have a crisis in the public schools. I personally feel that the public schools have so much superfluous non academic time spent on social engineering. We need to spend the day only on academics and forget the non educational nonsense going on.

You say vouchers work. PROVE IT. Whenever vouchers have been used nationally it's been a failure.

Now you're saying vouchers should be limited to families under a certain income. That isn't going to happen. Why? Because the people who propose vouchers do so for one reason, and that reason is to funnel money to the rich.

Why have vouchers for poor students? Why not just allow them to choose any public school they like and IMPROVE THE STANDARD OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

You think public schools spend too much time on social engineering? I'd say they clearly don't spend enough time on this.
We are both talking about improving the standards of the public schools, but with unions, it is hard. They protect the bad teachers and as the president of the Federation of Teachers once said, "I'll be interested in the students when they pay my salary."

Yes, it is hard to improve things with the unions. Vouchers doesn't necessarily change that. In Chile they got rid of unions, it was a dictatorship, and standards didn't improve.

It is is a union and only considers the working conditions and salary of the teachers. They protect all of their members regardless of whether or not they are good at their job. Teacher unions do not have the students as their primary concern, or even the quality of education. Unions do not belong in education. Professional organizations are what is needed to improve the quality of the educational experience.

You lie.

Most of that money went to mandatory spending that only Congress can change,

and to the military.

and to the military.
Yeah sure it did....Obama well he had NOTHING to do with it right?

As I say...deluded.

Is it news to you that since Big Ears took over income inequality has increased?

That is the problem with some lefties. You are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.

and to the military.
Yeah sure it did....Obama well he had NOTHING to do with it right?

As I say...deluded.

Is it news to you that since Big Ears took over income inequality has increased?

That is the problem with some lefties. You are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.

How could have anything to do with it?

The only deficit spending that Obama can be held accountable for is about 400 billion of the stimulus bill that wasn't paid for.

Vouchers give people choices. Freedom is choice. The more choice one has, the more freedom one has.

You can't improve those public schools. The US spends more per capita than any other industrialized country in the world, yet have mediocre results to show for it. Every time a problem came up with public schools, the Democrat answer was to just throw more money at it and it hasn't helped very much.
If the school would spend all their time on academics, there would be a different result. We have programs to teach students how to cross the street, brush their teeth, to accept gay marriages, safe touch, cookie sales, wrapping paper sales. arts programs that feature ballet, jazz, square dancing and orchestra, fire safety and safe sex. Hell, we have taken most every responsibility away from the parents and use class time to teach these non academic curricula and we test their eyes, hearing and monitor their weight. We even have a nurse full time on duty to tend to sick kids so the parents don't have to take their kids to the doctor when they are sick. We enable parents to be irresponsible even to the degree we feed them breakfast and lunch, even during the summer. The cost is staggering. When I was a kid, I went home for lunch and no one but my parents were responsible for feeding me.

If we have to have these special programs, then extend the school day and take away some other programs that are duplicative.

If he bans Muslim immigration, secures the southern border, and creates jobs I don't care about the rich. I think others will forget about them too.

And what will banning Muslim immigration do? How many killings in the US have happened because of Muslims and how many because of non-Muslims?
And how many lives can we save by extreme vetting those from terrorist nations?

I have no problem with vetting people from all countries, targeting Muslims is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?

Vetting people from all countries? Doesn't that fall under the same stupidity as the TSA strip searching 80 year old white women with red wigs on while younger middle- eastern men just jump aboard airplanes no questions asked?

When it comes to politically correct, it has it's place, but not with the security of our people and country.

Terrorists can come from anywhere, they don't need to be Muslims.
But most of them are. Do you want to turn into some other countries that have accepted these people without regard to background checks and have more terrorist activities than we do?

You lie.
What experience do you have with teacher's unions?

Did he do it? Seriously? One of the biggest problems was that Bush set it all in motion then got out leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

51129-land-summaryfigure1%281%29.png

Look at what is projected for the future. Bush started to get it going up, Obama then has had it going on a much more stable level, though clearly not all the president, Bush set up spending policies with his "War on Terror" and Obama's pulled back from that.

Where did the money go? Afghanistan, Iraq, the pockets of the defense industry,

500px-InflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

Funny how defense spending is far, far higher since 2001 than it ever was.

500px-PerCapitaInflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

Even per capita it was higher than it ever was in the Cold War, thanks to Bush.

But you carry on blaming Obama without knowing the facts. You have a few of the facts here, and yet I know you're going to continue to blame him.

Now it dawns on you I am correct and are making a fool out of yourself?

I could go on how obama fuck over the middle class.

I see you saying stuff, but you haven't actually made an argument, you haven't backed it up with a single fact, a single source, there's nothing. So you could try and prove yourself, or you could just resort to the same old same old tactics. Let's see what you do.

I understand. How do you think vouchers are going to stall the efforts of the unions? They're not. So vouchers are the wrong solution to the wrong problem.

However you're wrong about unions. The US unions are bad, go look up UK unions.

National Union of Teachers - NUT

NASUWT | Home

https://www.atl.org.uk/

You'll see a completely different world, not one based on bullshit US politics, but one that has a positive impact. Just because you don't look over your walls, doesn't mean there isn't a world beyond those walls.

Did he do it? Seriously? One of the biggest problems was that Bush set it all in motion then got out leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

51129-land-summaryfigure1%281%29.png

Look at what is projected for the future. Bush started to get it going up, Obama then has had it going on a much more stable level, though clearly not all the president, Bush set up spending policies with his "War on Terror" and Obama's pulled back from that.

Where did the money go? Afghanistan, Iraq, the pockets of the defense industry,

500px-InflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

Funny how defense spending is far, far higher since 2001 than it ever was.

500px-PerCapitaInflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

Even per capita it was higher than it ever was in the Cold War, thanks to Bush.

But you carry on blaming Obama without knowing the facts. You have a few of the facts here, and yet I know you're going to continue to blame him.
W was a disaster just like Big Ears, but foolish partisans can't see the truth.

And what will banning Muslim immigration do? How many killings in the US have happened because of Muslims and how many because of non-Muslims?
And how many lives can we save by extreme vetting those from terrorist nations?

I have no problem with vetting people from all countries, targeting Muslims is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?

Vetting people from all countries? Doesn't that fall under the same stupidity as the TSA strip searching 80 year old white women with red wigs on while younger middle- eastern men just jump aboard airplanes no questions asked?

When it comes to politically correct, it has it's place, but not with the security of our people and country.

Terrorists can come from anywhere, they don't need to be Muslims.
But most of them are. Do you want to turn into some other countries that have accepted these people without regard to background checks and have more terrorist activities than we do?

How many people from Islam kill people compared to other religions? Christians probably kill far more, far more terrorist attacks come from Christians than Muslims in the US, and yet..... you want to target Muslims.

Vouchers give people choices. Freedom is choice. The more choice one has, the more freedom one has.

You can't improve those public schools. The US spends more per capita than any other industrialized country in the world, yet have mediocre results to show for it. Every time a problem came up with public schools, the Democrat answer was to just throw more money at it and it hasn't helped very much.
If the school would spend all their time on academics, there would be a different result. We have programs to teach students how to cross the street, brush their teeth, to accept gay marriages, safe touch, cookie sales, wrapping paper sales. arts programs that feature ballet, jazz, square dancing and orchestra, fire safety and safe sex. Hell, we have taken most every responsibility away from the parents and use class time to teach these non academic curricula and we test their eyes, hearing and monitor their weight. We even have a nurse full time on duty to tend to sick kids so the parents don't have to take their kids to the doctor when they are sick. We enable parents to be irresponsible even to the degree we feed them breakfast and lunch, even during the summer. The cost is staggering. When I was a kid, I went home for lunch and no one but my parents were responsible for feeding me.

If we have to have these special programs, then extend the school day and take away some other programs that are duplicative.

The question here is: What do we want kids to know? What is important for kids to know and understand? If people can have happier lives by being more tolerant, isn't that worthy? If they are more productive, more skillful by having programs that make them this, isn't that worth it?

This is exactly what has happened under Obama so stop pretending like you care

That is absolutely ridiculous statement. Obama's economic policies were always aimed towards helping low-mid income.

Obamacare, expiration of top-bracket tax-cuts while extending all others, Stimulus, Consumer Protection agency...the list is long.

Trump's list is long on exactly opposite focus.

His policy is the "drain the swamp" of Millionaires and replace them with Billionaires. BRILLIANT!

Yup. Pretty much

All those poor people in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin that proudly voted for Trump are going to be screwed. OH WELL!

I always forget the reasons. Why is that? Do they have any sort of rational explanations whatsoever?

Let us see if they can say anything that is not utilizing victimology.

Anything.

Hold on a minute here!
So you're saying that motivated, hard working, intelligent people who make a positive contribution will be rewarded
AND
lazy, never working, iQ challenged folks who are dead weight on the economy won't get enough free shit?
Hmmm, we must have moved away from the ass-backward bottom up Libtard bullshit.

Ah, so people who don't earn much money are lazy, while rich people born with a silver spoon in their mouth are hard working?

Some of these "lazy people" are working 80 hours a week to keep food on their kids' table.

There you go with the excuse making....The ole we're losers because 'the system' is designed to keep us losers..bullshit.
You acknowledge the 1% on both sides of your point ...we generalize based on masses; lets not play semantics.

The question here is: What do we want kids to know? What is important for kids to know and understand? If people can have happier lives by being more tolerant, isn't that worthy? If they are more productive, more skillful by having programs that make them this, isn't that worth it?

Ghetto parents suck and expect the school system and government to raise their kids for them...socially and financially. Our public schools are a joke and you're right...the teaching of academics is secondary. Kids from legitimate families where social and behavior standards are taught at home by good quality parents get screwed if they're sent to a public school...Nobody I know who's legitimate sends their children to public schools anymore. There's no way I'm sending my kids to hang with all the ghetto trash at public schools these days.

His policy is the "drain the swamp" of Millionaires and replace them with Billionaires. BRILLIANT!

Yeah, he's so stupid to "take care" of his higher end people.
Like any good business, sports team...etc etc he should really take better care of the lower end people first...that make perfect sense...just ask any lower end person...haha....Just send more EBT cards out and keep covering up the problem with more taxpayer cash....That's been working so AWESOME!
People need to start to realize that many cultures are just programmed to be comfortable being un-driven trash. "You can't turn a Sow's ear to a silk purse." "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."
The coddling and excuse making has to stop...it's time to play hardball with the lower class...poor decision making that leads to stealing from taxpayers needs to be considered a criminal act...This is quite simple for anyone who's not low class.

Forum List

Back