Fun Facts about Defense Spending

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Liberals just love to say we spend to much on Defense, When ever we need to make Cuts it is always Defense they turn to First. The First and perhaps most important task of our Federal Government is our National Defense but of course it is their first place to cut.

Hear is an interesting fact. Under JFK Defense spending was 50% of our total Budget. Today Defense spending is 20% of our Budget, and Liberals want to cut that to 10%.

What the hell good with Social Welfare Programs be if we are so weak we can not defend our selves let alone our interests in the world.

How does one come to the conclusion that National Defense is expendable?

I just don't get it.

Last edited:
The Defense budget has tripled in 11 years. How does one come to the conclusion that it can't be cut, especially when everyone at the DoD agrees that projects lie the JS Fighter are worthless?

Constant FY 2005 dollars.

b2418_chart1_1.ashx

What the hell good with Social Welfare Programs be if we are so weak we can not defend our selves let alone our interests in the world.

I just don't get it.

We match the world dollar for dollar in military spending, have over 700 bases across the globe, and are waging quite a few wars in numerous countries.

We spend plenty on defense and are hardly defenseless, but some people are simply paranoid if we are not invading every country and spending all our money on defense.

The Defense budget has tripled in 11 years. How does one come to the conclusion that it can't be cut, especially when everyone at the DoD agrees that projects lie the JS Fighter are worthless?

I'm Not saying there are no cuts to be made in Defense. I am simply Pointing out that Defense has shrank from 50% of our Budget to 20%, and that Defense should not be the first or only Place we cut.

Like I Said everything else is meaningless if we can not defend ourselves and frankly our Economic Interests abroad.

Liberals just love to say we spend to much on Defense, When ever we need to make Cuts it is always Defense they turn to First. The First and perhaps most important task of our Federal Government is our National Defense but of course it is their first place to cut.

Hear is an interesting fact. Under JFK Defense spending was 50% of our total Budget. Today Defense spending is 20% of our Budget, and Liberals want to cut that to 10%.

I just don't get it.

Who are we defending ourselves from in Korea? In Europe? In Japan? In Iraq? In Afghanistan? In Libya?

Specifically.

The First and perhaps most important task of our Federal Government is our National Defense....

Uhh, its NOT the first. It surprises me how many righties haven't actually read the fucking Constitution. Here, try page 1:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Looks like providing for the common defense isn't the 1st task, but the 4th task. Forming a more perfect union, establishing justice, and insuring domestic tranquility - are listed before common defense.

So its clearly not the 1st. Is it the most important? The Constitution doesn't make any distinction - does it say common defence is more important than establishing justice or insuring domestic tranquility?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back