FTC may depose top Facebook leaders in antitrust probe

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Down this road lies the doom of Facebook. The feds are preparing to break the company up.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is reportedly mulling deposing Facebook head Mark Zuckerberg and Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg as it probes whether the social media giant violated antitrust laws.
People familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal and Fox Business that the FTC is mulling calling Zuckerberg and Sandberg, and that some top officials at Facebook are preparing for possible summons.
However, the company appears focused on Zuckerberg’s appearance at the end of the month in front of the House Judiciary antitrust subcommittee where he and other top tech executives will testify.
“We look forward to sharing our views about the competitive landscape, along with other technology leaders, during this month’s Congressional hearing, while also demonstrating for enforcement agencies that our innovation provides more choices for consumers,” said a Facebook spokesperson.
The FTC did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.
Zuckerberg and Sandberg were not called to testify in the FTC’s past investigation of Facebook over alleged consumer-privacy violations, a probe that produced a $5 billion settlement a year ago.
The FTC is currently investigating whether Facebook, which also owns other platforms like WhatsApp and Instagram, illegally engaged in monopolistic business practices, including whether it tried to buy competitors to reduce competition.
The Justice Department and several state attorneys general are also probing Facebook and other platforms over anti-trust violations.

What a hateful human being you are. Fuck off.

34 minutes ago

Die Ginsburg, Die!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes chemo as cancer reemerges | One America News Network

On Friday, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg confirmed she is undergoing chemotherapy to treat a recurrence of cancer.

Ginsburg reportedly began receiving biweekly chemotherapy in May. According to her medical team, the treatments are “yielding positive results.”

The justice was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital for an endoscopic procedure earlier in the week after suffering a fever and chills. Ginsburg noted that hospital visit was “unrelated” to her cancer treatments.

In a statement, she said, just as she has in the past, that she vows to stay on the bench.

“Well, I used to have an answer that worked for a lot of years, it was Justice (Louis) Brandeis. When he was appointed, he was the same age as I was, 60. He stayed for 23 years, so I expect to stay at least as long.” – Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, United States Supreme Court

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

– Upton Sinclair

34 minutes ago

Die Ginsburg, Die!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes chemo as cancer reemerges | One America News Network

On Friday, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg confirmed she is undergoing chemotherapy to treat a recurrence of cancer.

Ginsburg reportedly began receiving biweekly chemotherapy in May. According to her medical team, the treatments are “yielding positive results.”

The justice was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital for an endoscopic procedure earlier in the week after suffering a fever and chills. Ginsburg noted that hospital visit was “unrelated” to her cancer treatments.

In a statement, she said, just as she has in the past, that she vows to stay on the bench.

“Well, I used to have an answer that worked for a lot of years, it was Justice (Louis) Brandeis. When he was appointed, he was the same age as I was, 60. He stayed for 23 years, so I expect to stay at least as long.” – Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, United States Supreme Court

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

– Upton Sinclair
I hate all enemies of the American people.

Bripat is for government regulating private businesses if he feels they are not of his political affiliation.

Google is a far worse entity than FB when it comes to Antitrust violations.

Just sayin'.

Bripat is for government regulating private businesses if he feels they are not of his political affiliation.
The government already protects Facebook from lawsuits. It's been interfering from the start.

I love the way you douchebags hide behind the skirts of the free market to justify your censorship.

Bripat hates the free market.
Listen to the fucking commie pretend he approves of the free market.

The government already protects Facebook from lawsuits. It's been interfering from the start.

I love the way you douchebags hide behind the skirts of the free market to justify your censorship.

Nope. You are the only one in this thread who seems to oppose the free market. You accused me of "hiding behind the skirt of the free market". :lol:

Nope. You are the only one in this thread who seems to oppose the free market. You accused me of "hiding behind the skirt of the free market". :lol:
You're a fucking commie.

Who do you think you're fooling?

The Federal Election Commission should also investigate Facebook for the undeclared millions of dollars worth of campaign advertising they've given Democrats.

34 minutes ago

Die Ginsburg, Die!

– Upton Sinclair
The American people don't need you to hate for them.

34 minutes ago

Die Ginsburg, Die!

– Upton Sinclair
No, you just hate. And hate, and hate, and hate....

34 minutes ago

Die Ginsburg, Die!

– Upton Sinclair
No, you just hate. And hate, and hate, and hate....
Nope. I hate all douchebags like you who are trying to destroy this country.

You're a fucking commie.

Why do you oppose the free market?

You're a fucking commie.

Why do you pretend that you support it?

You're a fucking commie.

You can scour the entirety of my almost 10 years on this forum, and not find a single post where I talk shit on the free market. I can go as far as this very thread to find you calling the free market a "skirt" to hide behind. What is it about the free market that you hate so bad?

You're a fucking commie.

You can scour the entirety of my almost 10 years on this forum, and not find a single post where I talk shit on the free market. I can go as far as this very thread to find you calling the free market a "skirt" to hide behind. What is it about the free market that you hate so bad?
What a moron. You mischaracterized what I said. You're an idiot.

You're a fucking commie.

What a moron. You mischaracterized what I said. You're an idiot.

Then clarify what you meant. You called me a commie who "hid behind the skirt of the free market". What is it about the free market that you oppose?

Down this road lies the doom of Facebook. The feds are preparing to break the company up.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is reportedly mulling deposing Facebook head Mark Zuckerberg and Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg as it probes whether the social media giant violated antitrust laws.
People familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal and Fox Business that the FTC is mulling calling Zuckerberg and Sandberg, and that some top officials at Facebook are preparing for possible summons.
However, the company appears focused on Zuckerberg’s appearance at the end of the month in front of the House Judiciary antitrust subcommittee where he and other top tech executives will testify.
“We look forward to sharing our views about the competitive landscape, along with other technology leaders, during this month’s Congressional hearing, while also demonstrating for enforcement agencies that our innovation provides more choices for consumers,” said a Facebook spokesperson.
The FTC did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.
Zuckerberg and Sandberg were not called to testify in the FTC’s past investigation of Facebook over alleged consumer-privacy violations, a probe that produced a $5 billion settlement a year ago.
The FTC is currently investigating whether Facebook, which also owns other platforms like WhatsApp and Instagram, illegally engaged in monopolistic business practices, including whether it tried to buy competitors to reduce competition.
The Justice Department and several state attorneys general are also probing Facebook and other platforms over anti-trust violations.

Treat them like they were a Christian owned bakery

Forum List

Back