FSU settles lawsuit with woman who accused Winston of rape

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Florida State University has settled a Title IX lawsuit with a former student who said the school failed to adequately investigate allegations that she was raped by former star quarterback Jameis Winston.
The settlement was announced a day before Winston's accuser, Erica Kinsman, had been scheduled to give a deposition in the case. As part of the settlement, FSU is making a five-year commitment to sexual assault awareness and prevention. The university also has agreed to publish annual reports for the next five years about those programs.

Florida State said in a statement that it has formed a Sexual Assault Prevention Task Group, hired a full-time Title IX coordinator, added six positions to improve campus safety and required all incoming freshmen to complete an online course to make ''more informed choices about sex and relationships.''
FSU President John Thrasher also noted that there have been more than 100 training sessions conducted on campus dealing with sexual assault and how to prevent it.

FSU settles, Winston accuser gets $250K

FSU settled it? Why? He should settle it. Oh and btw....it was settled b/c they knew damn well he raped her. Scum!

I am just proud of her for sticking to this. She had enormous pressure on her.
It will catch up to him one day, somehow. Just wait.

I don't get this Kat. If a woman is raped why is it up to faculty to determine if she was or wasn't. Shouldn't this go straight to criminal charges?

I don't get it at all.

I don't get this Kat. If a woman is raped why is it up to faculty to determine if she was or wasn't. Shouldn't this go straight to criminal charges?

I don't get it at all.

I don't get it either. I do not get how FSU could have possibly settled it. And it WAS in the court system.

If I am not mistaken..the rape took place in a dorm...I don't know if that could have anything to do with it or not.

I don't get it at all.

I don't get it either. I do not get how FSU could have possibly settled it. And it WAS in the court system.

Okay strange. But I'm very glad that the young lady stuck to her guns on this. Sheesh and this is hard in this day and age when sadly you have you have other young women lying about rape and getting caught out. So bravo to this young girl.

I don't get it at all.

Okay strange. But I'm very glad that the young lady stuck to her guns on this. Sheesh and this is hard in this day and age when sadly you have you have other young women lying about rape and getting caught out. So bravo to this young girl.

Yes. She had no reason to lie. Not like he was wealthy etc. They found his DNA in her underwear. Lots of other things.....it is hard to remember it all now because it happened quite a while back now.
They tried to crucify her. She did not back off. And in the end, for what she endured, she did not get that much money.

Forum List

Back