From a recent interview with the designer of the AR-15....

It is also worth nothing that the the AR-15 that was originally designed as a military weapons was a fully automatic rifle, and is now known as the M16-A1. The civilian AR-15 is not that weapon.

The guy in Florida used a "Sig" NOT an AR. NONE of the Sig parts will even interchange with an AR. Learn BEFORE you write or keep looking like an idiot, your choice.

Yet another right winger getting sexual arousal from citing "gun" stats......These fuckers are too stupid to even safely own a BB gun.

......These fuckers are too stupid to even safely own a BB gun.

I wouldn't trust you with a pea shooter.

(you might blow your brains out)

I'm sure that this guy will now be maligned by the right wingers who seem to have an eternal and unrequited LOVE for their lethal weapons.

His name is Jim Sullivan, and he was a key designer of the AR-15 back in 1957, almost 60 years ago. Here are excerpts for a recent interview (the interviewer was someone named David Scott):

Jim sSullivan, who also designed the Ruger Mini-14 (a scaled down .223 Remington sporting version of the military M-14), goes on to say he never envisioned the rifle having any civilians applications:

DAVID SCOTT: “Did you ever imagine—“

JIM SULLIVAN: “No. Never even considered that—it had any civilian application.”

DAVID SCOTT: “Concern you at all?”

JIM SULLIVAN: “Of course, everybody gets concerned when there’s one of these school issues where children are killed by an AR-15. I mean, that’s sickening. But that was never the intended purpose. Civilian sales was never the intended purpose.

Jim goes onto say that a fully automatic M16 is not more lethal than a semi-automatic AR-15

DAVID SCOTT: “The lethality of the AR-15, is that reduced in the civilian semi-automatic mode?”

JIM SULLIVAN: “No.”

DAVID SCOTT: “It’s not?”

JIM SULLIVAN: “Same effectiveness. I mean, in fact, the gun is functioning exactly the way the military model is in semi-automatic.

Breaking: Jim Sullivan, AR-15 Designer, Makes Some Controversial Statements on HBO Tonight - The Firearm Blog

So what. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in civilian hands outnumbering conventional hunting rifles by millions. Just because he didn't envision it doesn't mean it doesn't have it.

Boy you're dim.

The guy in Florida used a "Sig" NOT an AR. NONE of the Sig parts will even interchange with an AR. Learn BEFORE you write or keep looking like an idiot, your choice.

Yet another right winger getting sexual arousal from citing "gun" stats......These fuckers are too stupid to even safely own a BB gun.

......These fuckers are too stupid to even safely own a BB gun.

I wouldn't trust you with a pea shooter.

(you might blow your brains out)

He would first have to have brains of which there is no evidence to support. And all of these anti gunners can whine and snivel all they want. The guns have been used in the civilian market since they were mass produced. I bought my first AR-15 waaaaay back in 1965.

Velcro was not designed for civilian use. Toddlers are just going to have to learn how to tie shoelaces.

Tanks weren't either. Like the AR-15 they were designed for war, GPS, TANG and velcro have uses not designed to kill people. I think this line of argument is a tad dishonest.

“Of course, everybody gets concerned when there’s one of these school issues where children are killed by an AR-15. I mean, that’s sickening. But that was never the intended purpose. Civilian sales was never the intended purpose. -- Jim Sullivan -- Designer of the AR-15/M-16 -

No other comment needed.

Everyone with half a brain knows Stoner designed the M16
Here he is with Kalishnikov the AK47 man

Fine...So you agree that Sullivan simply designed tennis rackets and he had nothing to do with AR-15....

You know morn, I have other interests besides who designs weapons.....Try reading a fucking book on ethics, history, astronomy, etc....not just who made weapons to kill others

Taz is right, it was first assumed he used an AR-15, but he actually, as being reported now, used a Sig Sauer .223 caliber assault rifle.

Whew, that should prove of great comfort to the families of those 50.....Thanks

A French policeman was attacked in his home yesterday. ISIS is claiming responsibility.

The maniac stabbed the policeman to death with a knife. He then took the cop's wife and three year old son hostage. By the end, the wife was dead, too. He stabbed her to death.

All because French police are not allowed to take their service weapons home with them.

They will be now. This case has taught the French some common sense.

So, the moral of that story above is this,,,,,,,

A criminal has a knife......therefore a homeowner better have a gun.......AND

If a criminal has a gun, the homeowner better secure a cannon.

Velcro was not designed for civilian use. Toddlers are just going to have to learn how to tie shoelaces.

Tanks weren't either. Like the AR-15 they were designed for war, GPS, TANG and velcro have uses not designed to kill people. I think this line of argument is a tad dishonest.

And surprise surprise, civilians can own tanks too. This is Jacques Littlefield and a very small part of his collection. He sadly passed away a few years ago, but a lot of his collection has gone to other CIVILIANS. Gosh, there's that dread word and classification of people. Damn civilians.

jacques_collection.jpg

A French policeman was attacked in his home yesterday. ISIS is claiming responsibility.

The maniac stabbed the policeman to death with a knife. He then took the cop's wife and three year old son hostage. By the end, the wife was dead, too. He stabbed her to death.

All because French police are not allowed to take their service weapons home with them.

They will be now. This case has taught the French some common sense.

So, the moral of that story above is this,,,,,,,

A criminal has a knife......therefore a homeowner better have a gun.......AND

If a criminal has a gun, the homeowner better secure a cannon.

Sounds reasonable to me. In your warped world, the criminal has the knife and the woman being raped should just lay back and take it and think about something else.

And surprise surprise, civilians can own tanks too. This is Jacques Littlefield and a very small part of his collection. He sadly passed away a few years ago, but a lot of his collection has gone to other CIVILIANS. Gosh, there's that dread word and classification of people. Damn civilians.

jacques_collection.jpg

Where does he store the live shells for these?

You people find your lies anywhere you can find them. Do you look at a pretzel and immediately think "they didn't twist this nearly enough".

jacques_collection.jpg

Yes, and those tanks are about as lethal as a tractor trailer since their guns are non functioning. But, you would have to be a total moron to not understand the difference, amiright?

He would first have to have brains of which there is no evidence to support. And all of these anti gunners can whine and snivel all they want. The guns have been used in the civilian market since they were mass produced. I bought my first AR-15 waaaaay back in 1965.

Well, how "impressive" you've had an AR-15 for 60 yeras. ....obviously, My "hero",,,,,,,
Sounds reasonable to me. In your warped world, the criminal has the knife and the woman being raped should just lay back and take it and think about something else.

NO, NO......regarding the raping, according to your ilk that's only done my illegal Mexicans. LOL

Well, how "impressive" you've had an AR-15 for 60 yeras. ....obviously, My "hero",,,,,,,

NO, NO......regarding the raping, according to your ilk that's only done my illegal Mexicans. LOL

Yeah, like she's going to pull out a fucking ar15 from her purse to hold back a rapist. That totally happens all the fucking time. Now, let's watch Westwall post the exception that proves the rule.

jacques_collection.jpg

Yes, and those tanks are about as lethal as a tractor trailer since their guns are non functioning. But, you would have to be a total moron to not understand the difference, amiright?

Care to bet? The majority of those cannons are LIVE bucko. From memory the Pzkpfw IV was not, the Sherman was, the Isherman was, the T-55 was not, the Stug III was, the M-60A1 was, the M 3 Stewart on the left was, the T-34/85 wasn't, the T34/76 was, the Chieftan was, the M60A2 was, and that's all I can identify in this picture. Jacques owned over 200 tanks and AFV's and additionally owned TWO SCUD B missile launchers, and around 100 pieces of artillery. Most of which were live.

All of this at his Pony Tracks Ranch a couple of miles from Stanford.

jacques_collection.jpg

Where does he store the live shells for these?

You people find your lies anywhere you can find them. Do you look at a pretzel and immediately think "they didn't twist this nearly enough".

Here's a privately owned tank destroyer shooting live for you. It's truly amazing what you clowns don't know. It truly is!

Forum List

Back