Fresh batch of Republicans defect to Clinton

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Going to need a score card of everyone jumping ship

A former aide of President George W. Bush undercut Donald Trump’s economic address before it even began Monday, leading the latest batch of Republican defections by casting Hillary Clinton as the best candidate to grow the economy.

“Our nation faces a unique set of challenges that require steady and experienced leadership. That is why today I am personally supporting Hillary Clinton,” Lezlee Westine said in a statement to The Washington Post.

Westine, who served as the White House’s director of public liaison and deputy assistant to the president in the Bush administration, is part of the latest contingent of Republicans to cross party lines to back Clinton.

Story Continued Below

“She has the expertise and commitment to American values to grow the economy, create jobs and protect America at home and abroad,” Westine added.

Westine is joined by former Michigan Gov. William Milliken, who suggested a vote for Trump would be a choice to “embark on a path that has doomed other governments and nations throughout history.”

“I am saddened and dismayed that the Republican Party this year has nominated a candidate who has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not embrace those ideals,” Milliken said in a statement, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Because I feel so strongly about our nation's future, I will be joining the growing list of former and present government officials in casting my vote for Hillary Clinton for president in 2016.”

• Banned
Reagan Republican: Trump is the emperor with no clothes

I had the honor of serving as Ronald Reagan's White House political director from 1987 to 1989, so I can claim some insight on U.S. politics. My central conclusion on the 2016 race: It might not be entirely clear that Hillary Clinton deserves to win the presidency, but it is thunderingly clear that Donald Trump deserves to lose.

Reagan Republican: Trump is the emperor with no clothes - CNN.com

A former aide of President George W. Bush undercut Donald Trump’s economic address before it even began Monday, leading the latest batch of Republican defections by casting Hillary Clinton as the best candidate to grow the economy.

“Our nation faces a unique set of challenges that require steady and experienced leadership. That is why today I am personally supporting Hillary Clinton,” Lezlee Westine said in a statement to The Washington Post.

Westine, who served as the White House’s director of public liaison and deputy assistant to the president in the Bush administration, is part of the latest contingent of Republicans to cross party lines to back Clinton.

Story Continued Below

“She has the expertise and commitment to American values to grow the economy, create jobs and protect America at home and abroad,” Westine added.

Westine is joined by former Michigan Gov. William Milliken, who suggested a vote for Trump would be a choice to “embark on a path that has doomed other governments and nations throughout history.”

“I am saddened and dismayed that the Republican Party this year has nominated a candidate who has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not embrace those ideals,” Milliken said in a statement, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Because I feel so strongly about our nation's future, I will be joining the growing list of former and present government officials in casting my vote for Hillary Clinton for president in 2016.”

You mean RINOs...
Sorry too late they have always been on her side. Dip shit

Story Continued Below

You mean "old batch of masked Democrats continue to support Clinton".

• Banned
Former Gov. Arne Carlson, A Republican, Says He’s Voting For Clinton

Former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson is one of a growing number of prominent Republicans who say that come November they won’t be casting a vote for their party’s nominee, Donald Trump.

On WCCO Sunday Morning, Carlson said he likes Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, as a candidate, because she’s a public policy aficionado and she “really works well with others.”

“That’s not Donald Trump’s strong suit by a long shot,” the former governor said.

What Carlson hopes Clinton will do is bring in prominent Republicans to work in bipartisan task forces, thereby creating a policy buffer between the White House and Congress.

“That way, you come into Congress, not just with a partisan plan, but with a bipartisan plan and tremendous buy-in, if you will, from the American people,” Carlson said. “I think she has the capacity to do that.”

Former Gov. Arne Carlson, A Republican, Says He's Voting For Clinton

Story Continued Below

Good riddance of bad rubbish.

Story Continued Below

You mean RINOs...
Sorry too late they have always been on her side. Dip shit
Too late for you stupid assholes. Just how many people do you think you can say you don't need and still win an election? This is going to be a thundering rejection of the nihilism that you fools espouse.

See Who's Defecting From Their Party This Election

See Who's Defecting From Their Party This Election
Progressives run Washington... That have for the last 100+ years. Dumbass

Like clean food, water and air? Or do you wish to live within India? Oh'yess, you like bragging about how great America is but don't understand why. Dumb fucker. Now go get some fried chicky, grape juice and go sit on the pouch!
Career politicians = clean anything?
rL3ug63.jpg

Prime example. Thinks that silly cartoons are political debate. But then, when that is your primary reading material, that is to be expected.

Forum List

Back