French Troops Are In Iraq.... On The Wrong Side

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
how wonderful the french are getting involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4023021.stm

French insurgents killed in Iraq

A dozen French nationals have travelled to Iraq, officials say
Three Frenchmen have died fighting with insurgents against US-led troops in Iraq, reports say.
The men, all of Arab origin, were killed in the country over recent months as the insurgency has flared.

Two of the men were aged 19 and the third was 24 years old, a French official said.

Authorities estimate that around a dozen Frenchmen of North African or Arab background have travelled to Iraq to join the insurgency.

The men were identified as

24-year-old Tarek W, from Paris, killed on 17 September

19-year-old Redouane el-Hakim, killed on 17 July

Abdel Halim Badjoudj, 19, killed on 20 October.
French officials were checking the identity of a fourth man who was killed in recent weeks to see if he, too, held French citizenship.

Officials say the men probably travelled to Iraq via Syria but say that there is no proof of an organised recruitment network.

However, French newspaper Le Figaro says the men were helped to cross into Iraq by contacts in Syria.

Figures the French would pick the wrong side, no wonder the insurgents are getting their ass kicked so bad. After all, if the French are on your side, you're doomed to lose.

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp
Well now this seems like an isloated few french members that decided to fight. Just like im sure there are some misguided americans over there fighting on the side of the insurgents. Just wanted to throw that in there that you cant cast a sweeping judgment.

PS. Fuck the french.

insein said:
Well now this seems like an isloated few french members that decided to fight. Just like im sure there are some misguided americans over there fighting on the side of the insurgents. Just wanted to throw that in there that you cant cast a sweeping judgment.

PS. Fuck the french.

Agreed. I'm always up for a good frog bashing, but I'm afraid we can't get any traction on this one. Especially given the fact that there have been American citizens actively fighting against us.

Merlin1047 said:
Agreed. I'm always up for a good frog bashing, but I'm afraid we can't get any traction on this one. Especially given the fact that there have been American citizens actively fighting against us.

Well, let's TRY anyway - it'll be fun!
:flameth: :whip: :wine:

Merlin1047 said:

its all in good fun. since the french refuse to support or aid Iraq in almost any way, despite it being the most important fight in the world right, i'm kinda like fuck em.

Forum List

Back